PDA

View Full Version : DDP with a split stay?

Americandy
12-12-2010, 02:29 AM
This year, we had the DDP for the first half of our stay in POFQ, but in the second half with the room only ressie, we were unable to have DDP carry over. I'm wondering if that's just the way it is, and if it's still worth it to even have the DDP on the first half of the trip--we're planning an identical trip for August 2011, and I'm torn on the DDP because of the trouble (and disappointment) I faced last year.

clanmcculloch
12-12-2010, 10:34 AM
In order to purchase the DDP on a reservation you have to satisfy one of the following requirements:

Purchase minimum 1 day MYW base ticket.
Stay in a DVC resort using DVC points.
Stay using an AP package.

Disney doesn't see your trip as being a split stay. Disney sees you as having 2 completely separate reservations. Therefore, you have to satisfy the requirements listed above on each reservation.

Only you can decide if it's too much trouble to coordinate your dining credits. You can look into renting DVC points for the second part of your stay so that you can purchase the DDP without having to purchase additional tickets. You can also just not bother with the DDP and pay for your food OOP. Until we got APs, it was just cost prohibitive for us to do split stays since we liked dining plans and having to buy those second sets of tickets ended up increasing our cost too much so we just didn't do split stays.