PDA

View Full Version : How long did you have your photographer for?

schallerb
12-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi! I am planning an escape wedding and am going to use an outside vendor for photography. We want family pics, obv ceremony and cake cutting pics, and we want pics around the boardwalk (ceremony at SBP). I was wondering how long you would reccommend having the photographer for? I was thinking having them for 3 hrs, like a half hour before the wedding to get some family pics in, then that would leave us with an hour for the ceremony and cake and champange toast, with probably more family photos, and then an hour to go around the boarwalk. How does that sound. Also, what have you guys done for your getting ready pics? I know you get your hair and make-up done hours before the ceremony, so how did that work? Thanks for any advice you can give!!! :goodvibes

Deb loves Disney
12-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi! I am planning an escape wedding and am going to use an outside vendor for photography. We want family pics, obv ceremony and cake cutting pics, and we want pics around the boardwalk (ceremony at SBP). I was wondering how long you would reccommend having the photographer for? I was thinking having them for 3 hrs, like a half hour before the wedding to get some family pics in, then that would leave us with an hour for the ceremony and cake and champange toast, with probably more family photos, and then an hour to go around the boarwalk. How does that sound. Also, what have you guys done for your getting ready pics? I know you get your hair and make-up done hours before the ceremony, so how did that work? Thanks for any advice you can give!!! :goodvibes

We just had our wedding last week and I really wish we had more time for photography. We hired our photographer for 4 1/2 hours and then added an hour onto the end of the night for our dessert party. The time FLEW by so fast. If I had known this I would have added on at least an hour longer.

Basically we had hair and make-up from 8-11am. Randy came to start taking photos at about 10ish and started taking shots of us getting ready, shots around our room, shots of the dresses and accessories, etc. He then left to go to the wedding pavilion at around 11:15 to take groom/BM ceremony location pics and to catch shots of me getting out of the limo at about 11:45. Our ceremony was from 12-12:30, after he took family/group shots, then our guests left to go to the wedding pavilion in the limo while he took shots of us around the wedding pavilion. We then left for our cake and champagne ceremony in the limo and arrived at about 1pm at the Grand Floridian. At about 1:30 our guests left again to go to our lunch reception at the Cali grill on the monorail and we stayed with Randy and took photos around the Grand Floridian until about 2, then had to book it back over to the Contemporary in our limo. He then stayed a little longer to get some pics of our lunch reception. He then returned at 8:30 that night for the fireworks.

I felt like we needed more time for photos, don't hesitate to book for a longer time because I can know that you won't regret it.

weedee
12-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think 3 hours would be nearly enough time for everything you want to fit it, just with my own experience. We had our outside photographer for 5 hours and I wish I had him for longer! Our ceremony started at 2:30 pm and since I wanted the "getting ready" photos, my photographer came to my hotel room around 12:30 pm, right when I was finishing with hair/makeup. In the time before the ceremony, he got my getting ready photos, dress/accessory photos, and some shots of me around the resort, before he left to get some photos of the guys/WP before the ceremony. The ceremony last until about 3 pm, then we had the traditional family photos for another half an hour. We had about a solid hour with him for our bride/groom portraits. We couldn't have done all that for less than the 5 hours. Hope that helps!

*Pixiedust1438*
12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I think you could probably get away with 3 hours, depending on how many pic's you want around the boardwalk, you might be safer going with 3 1/2 or 4 hours. I am having a wishes wedding and we are having our photographer for 5 hours, and even that isn't nearly as long as most people have photography for, but if you want to keep the cost down, as we did, I think you can find ways to do that. We are planning on just having family and friends take getting ready pictures, I personally don't feel like I need a professional photographer for this. So we are having our photographer start only 1/2 hour before the wedding.

girli565
12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I had a Wishes wedding but went with a minimal amount of time just to get us through at least when Mickey showed up to the reception. We went with a 6 hour package and Randy showed up about an hour earlier than the agreed upon time. So we really got 7 hours in total.

Petals & Pixie Dust
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I had a 6 hour package with Misty and added on an additional hour...and that was...Quick getting ready shots, first look, ceremony, cake cutting, reception (we were an escape with an added reception) time in between the meal and DP and then actual dessert party...It was perfect!

I wasn't big on the whole getting ready shots...So, that helped cut down some time...in the end it worked out really well.:thumbsup2

schallerb
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks girls.. I have another question, how hectic is the hour before the wedding.. if I had my hair and make-up and stuff done by then, would we have time to knock out the family pics? Or is everything too crazy? Thanks!

Petals & Pixie Dust
12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks girls.. I have another question, how hectic is the hour before the wedding.. if I had my hair and make-up and stuff done by then, would we have time to knock out the family pics? Or is everything too crazy? Thanks!

If we didn't do a first look and some requests...I think we would have gotten family pics done no problem. I was assuming that time was going MUCH faster than it actually was...Misty must have gotten tired of me asking for the time in the beginning...:rotfl: But everything stayed on track.

agsmith
12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
:lmao: