PDA

View Full Version : Picking a Shoe Size (HELP!!!)

elleinad16
12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Ladies!

I would love some help, please!!!

I found some heels online that I love that I'd like to order, but I have no idea which size to order? :confused3

It's a Nina shoe, open toe, 2.5" heel.

I'm debating between a size 7 and 7.5 (these are the two sizes I have all throughout my shoe collection at home)-- Right now when I measure my foot against a ruler it comes out to 9 1/4" to 9 3/8"

Any suggestions would be helpful, seeing as I haven't ordered shoes online before...and these are non-returnable. :headache:

TIA!!! :flower3:

Firefly09
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Is there any way you can try on the shoe at all? If not, have you ever tried on Nina shoes?

I am also consistently 7-7.5 shoe size, but I do have a slightly wider foot. I find the Nina shoes to be quite narrow in the front.

I would say that if you have not had experience with how Nina shoes fit for you and you're unable to try the shoe on in person first, I would try another online store that does allow you to return it in case it doesn't fit. I personally have ordered and returned several shipments of heels to Zappos (love their free shipping!) and still only have flats for the wedding.

sparkle.castle
12-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Check Zappos. They sell Nina shoes and have a great return policy and free shipping both ways. That way you could order both and see which fits better.

girli565
12-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I find that when I have an open toe/peep toe I always go up a half size. The peep toe makes the front a bit narrow but the half size up makes it comfy.

LuvLuvLuv
12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
when in doubt... i go a half size up!

with all the walking and possible swelling--- the half size will be like heaven!

you don't want them to be tight and be miserable!!

Stephie77
12-09-2010, 09:00 AM
What site are you using that sells shoes that are non-returnable? There are so many sites that sell Nina shoes and have free shipping and returns. Zappos, shoebuy, endless, piperlime to name a few of the popular ones. Do a search on these sites for the shoe and then you can order both sizes and return the one that does not fit. (I am a shoe junky and do this all the time as I am between a 6 and 6 1/2) Oh Macys also sells Nina. Hope this helps.

katel
12-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I agree with what's been said about trying to find a site that allows returns. I've always had good experiences with Zappos, including returns (my feet are a weird size).

That said, if this is the only place that has the shoes you want, I'd err on the side of getting them a little too big. You can always get pads/cushions that will help tighten up the fit.