PDA

View Full Version : Plated menu and price?

dreamwedding
12-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I need some help I was wondering if anyone out there had a plated meal at the GF that was less then $85.00 a head? If so would you mind sharing what it was and how much? I picked a very expensive plate and I am looking for a way to trim my budget but my fiance does not want a buffet. HELP it is crunch time I only have two days left to make any changes:confused3

lurkyloo
12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Can you post the menu—or even just the name of the menu, so I can go look it up? Then we can offer suggestions on what to cut/swap.

Off the top of my head, I'd say ditch any dessert that comes with the menu (unless you're not having wedding cake). If you're having a pre-reception, ditch any appetizers that come with the menu OR see if Disney can serve them during the pre-reception so you can eliminate a separate pre-reception menu.

pezaddict231
12-08-2010, 09:12 PM
All three of our plated choices were less than $85 a head. They ranged from $67.50 - $77. We had caesar salad and then 1 of three pre-selected entree choices: Jiko filet with mac and cheese, chicken with blackberry demi and risotto, mahi mahi with limoncello sauce and risotto, and a vegetarian choice.

We cut the appetizer, sorbet and dessert. As Carrie mentioned, we were having food at the pre-reception so there was no need for a salad and an appetizer. We also had cake and a dessert party, so no need for the included desserts. Even if we didn't have the dessert party, the cake would have been plenty. No one left hungry and I think those extra courses would have taken away too much dancing time.

Hope that helps.

dreamwedding
12-09-2010, 08:45 AM
My current menu is for the pre-recption an antipasto display at $14.75 a head. I think I am definitely going to change this to something less expensive although I hear that this is really worth it. Anyone have any something that hey woiuld recommend?

My plated dinner is Pan Seared Crab cak, ceaser salad , and the main course is Seared beef filet and tangle wood farms french cut chicken breast in a red wine demi sauce with potates and vegetables. My Estimated Budget says that all all dinner selections are served with appetizer, salad, bread coffee and tea. This is $85.00 a head . Any suggestions for a less expensive meal that someone has had?

I am having cake only at the reception.

lurkyloo
12-09-2010, 11:09 AM
My current menu is for the pre-recption an antipasto display at $14.75 a head. I think I am definitely going to change this to something less expensive although I hear that this is really worth it. Anyone have any something that hey woiuld recommend?

It won't be worth it if it keeps your guests from being hungry enough to eat your $$$ dinner! :rotfl:

People seem to really like cheese displays, so you might look into that. Also, what about just one passed appetizer instead, like brushetta? That's cheap! Or even the crab cake from your dinner menu.

My plated dinner is Pan Seared Crab cak, ceaser salad , and the main course is Seared beef filet and tangle wood farms french cut chicken breast in a red wine demi sauce with potates and vegetables. My Estimated Budget says that all all dinner selections are served with appetizer, salad, bread coffee and tea.

Yes, but you don't have to have all those things. As Sara said, you can cut the appetizer and salad if you're having a pre-reception. Also, are you doing a duo plate with *both* chicken and beef? Because you could offer your guests a choice in your invitations and then only have to serve each guest one or the other.

You could also downgrade from filet to a cheaper cut of meat. I'd be interested to know if they'd charge any less for short rib—it's so flavorful and tender but a much less expensive cut of meat (in the real world, anyway. At Disney, who knows? :lmao:)