PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite NOT sweet snacks for use of snack credit?

Nicole276
12-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Myself (30), DH (36), DD (3), DS (1) traveling to MK and AK, while staying at POR, Jan 29-Feb 2.

DH is diabetic, and I am just not much of a sweets person myself (although, I will most definately be trying one of those Dole Whips) So we were wondering what are your favorite snacks, that maybe sugar free, or just something not sweet. Also, didn't know if there were things available for a snack that might almost be a little meal for my son since he does not qualify for the dining plan. ( Don't worry, Im going to feed him plenty :) Thanks!

catne
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM
did you look through the first post on this thread (all the eligible snack items at the various restaurants/counter service throughout Disney)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381706

As you will see, most snacks do have the sweet factor, although you can find some (like the fr. fries or side order of chili at Casey's in the Magic Kingdom)

Many counter service places do have fresh fruit (like apples) available as a snack.

Faldred
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
While lots of folks will tell you where to get the "best deal" out of your snack credits, there's still a lot to be said for the humble pretzel or box of popcorn.

Nicole276
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
did you look through the first post on this thread (all the eligible snack items at the various restaurants/counter service throughout Disney)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381706

As you will see, most snacks do have the sweet factor, although you can find some (like the fr. fries or side order of chili at Casey's in the Magic Kingdom)

Many counter service places do have fresh fruit (like apples) available as a snack.

Thanks for that link. That list will be very helpful. Your right, not much un - sweet stuff, but still plenty to choose from. Makes me think though, how does purchasing a snack with a snack credit work? Do you just have to ask, or is there a sign or something that will list what is available as a snack credit?

FutureDis
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
My FAVORITE snack is Cauliflower soup (thick, creamy, yummy!!) from Norway bakery in Epcot. Yum!!!

lblume91
12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Makes me think though, how does purchasing a snack with a snack credit work? Do you just have to ask, or is there a sign or something that will list what is available as a snack credit?

Most of the items are marked with the DDP logo. (You can find it on any DP brochure.) The general rule is any individual serving of food that costs less than $4. If you're not sure if something is a snack credit, just ask. Most of the CMs are very helpful & knowledgeable.

Faldred
12-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Most of the items are marked with the DDP logo. (You can find it on any DP brochure.) The general rule is any individual serving of food that costs less than $4. If you're not sure if something is a snack credit, just ask. Most of the CMs are very helpful & knowledgeable.

Non-entree food (for example, a bowl of chili or corn dog nuggets usually don't count). And in some places, you can get more than a $4 item, but $4 is the usual cap.

There seem to be more an more exceptions as time goes by -- ice cream cookie sandwiches used to be a great deal, now they're mostly gone. Goofy's make-your-own treats have been severely limited. And so on.

lblume91
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
My DH found on our last trip that he really liked the breadstick, which I would classify as a slice of garlic bread, with marinara dipping sauce at POR's food court. I think it came with 2 or 3 breadsticks. Very filling snack.

Ro Z
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
We got bagels at POP for breakfast using snack credits!

Bell30012
12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Pickles are one of our favorite out of pocket snacks...

stuffed withfluff
12-11-2010, 07:38 PM
fruit cups and veggie cups count as snack credits. which are a bigger snack and fill you longer :)

and frozen bananers!