PDA

View Full Version : changing resort reservation

Firefly09
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Right now, the only discount available during our stay for the wedding on May 6th is AAA. I'm hoping that something else will be released maybe once the current promotions are over on Dec 20th or AP rates will come out or we'll get lucky and receive a discount pin. We're currently booked directly through Disney and if nothing else pops up I'll apply the AAA discount which likely mean I will be booking a new reservation.

Will this be a problem in regards to the LOA? Or can I just email my planner our new reservation number and let her know the other one is canceled?

In retrospect I should've just booked under AAA and have them apply any new discounts but didn't occur to me at the time.

sambycat
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
it shouldn't be a problem to change, but i am finding that its kind of annoying to change because once you have the LOA and the wedding block, your room (the one we booked ahead of time at regular price the night before the wedding because i didn't want to fret over availablity!) becomes a part of the wedding room block or group block? we called reservations yesterday to change to the AP rate, which has alays just involved a phone call in the past. this time, we were told that regular reservations couldn't access the reservation (i think because it is somehow grouped in the system as a group). so we called the room block guy, he said we cna't "change" the reservation, but to book the new one, then he can add that reservation number and deleter the original. why someone there can't make that magically happen because we requested it (which is what happens when i've changed to a different rate before!) is a mystery!!! but in the end, you can change!!!

phew.... that was long! :)

Firefly09
12-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds rather annoying especially since like you I booked outside of the room block discount so we should be allowed to make changes just like all the other resort guests!

girli565
12-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Are you asking bc you're having an Escpae and have to give your planner your reservation number to confirm the 4-day stay? If so, you can just email them the new reservation number when you change or rebook. If you are having a wishes wedding and adding the reservation you make to your room block it may be a bit more difficult like the previous poster mentioned above.

There's passholder offers up for Feb-April so May offers are probably coming soon, most likely after xmas or January.

Firefly09
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Right now we're are having as Escape wedding but we also have a room block. I did the room block knowing that I would have relatives that wouldn't be interested in booking a package and it would be a better discount than AAA. So that complicates things a little

On the bright side, we might be switching to Wishes which means we'll have to re-sign our LOA and room block agreement anyway so I might wait until Dec 20th to see if any new deals pop up, change/rebook and re-sign my wedding agreement.

Thanks!