PDA

View Full Version : Sorry another question-this time Ocean Quest/Edge

Luvstocruise
12-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

While I had no trouble booking my Palo ressies after our paid in full date, I could not find anywhere during the online check-in process a way to register my 12 year old boy for Ocean Quest (or its called Edge now?) on the Magic for our Feb 2011 cruise. Maybe it is not necessary to register kids that old, just the young ones for the CLub Lab spaces. Just want to make my life easier to not have to stand in line at the terminal or the ship to register my son for the Ocean Quest activities center. I know kids that age don't need pagers and such, but wondered if its a hassle if I don't register him beforehand.

Thanks for any advice on this matter,

Luvstocruise

Tinkerkell123
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi all,

While I had no trouble booking my Palo ressies after our paid in full date, I could not find anywhere during the online check-in process a way to register my 12 year old boy for Ocean Quest (or its called Edge now?) on the Magic for our Feb 2011 cruise. Maybe it is not necessary to register kids that old, just the young ones for the CLub Lab spaces. Just want to make my life easier to not have to stand in line at the terminal or the ship to register my son for the Ocean Quest activities center. I know kids that age don't need pagers and such, but wondered if its a hassle if I don't register him beforehand.

Thanks for any advice on this matter,

Luvstocruise

I think you only have to pre-register for Club or Lab. I didn't see anywhere to register for Edge/OQ...

castawaycayfans
12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
On our cruise in May, we only had to register our DS6, but not our DD12. They can come and go as they please in Ocean Quest, so no need to register them. You can however, go to the open house once on board and check it out. By the way, she loved it.

Luvstocruise
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks Castawaycayfans and Tinkerkell123

I won't worry about it then. I will suggest my son go to the open house/first day to meet what other kids are there, though his friend (we are cruising with another family) is my son's age, so they will hang together much of the cruise.

Luvstocruise