PDA

View Full Version : your car after resort dinner ?

janischa
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
once again a call on the dis for advice :-)
in our schedules, we were thinking early breakfast, early lunch (around 11.30), returning for a rest to OKW and most of our dinner ADR are booked around 5.45 pm. Now, these dinners are mostly in other resorts, so I was thinking about renting a car and driving to them. However, after dinner, we thought to maybe still go to the parcs. I know for dinner, you're allowed to park at these resorts, even if you're not staying at them, but what about after dinner ? are you allowed to leave your car there until your return to OKW ?
i always thought you're allowed a time frame around 2 hours, which would for us mean, only dinner, no after dinner parc touring. Is this correct ?
thanks !!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Once you are finished eating at a resort your not staying at you can not leave your car parked there and go off to the Theme Parks, since you are no longer using the services of the resort you were just at. At the Deluxe Resorts you should get a 3 hour parking pass when you arrive but that's just when your eating there, not for going off to the parks.

mom to minnie&mickey
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
You can only leave your car parked at a particular resort for as long as you are there, usually 2 hours. When you leave, your car must leave as well. However, since you will be an on-site guest, parking is free at all parks so you can drive yourself there and back to OKW. If you do not want to drive to the parks then after dinner drive back to your resort, park the car and take the Disney busses. :)

A Mickeyfan
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I know I sound sort of dumb and forgive me for asking this, but you are really going to rent a car while staying on Disney property so you can drive only to other Disney Resorts for your dining? :confused3 To answer your question, as other poster stated, no... you really should not be leaving your rental car at that resort since you are not staying there but at OKW. If you were do to that, imagine driving back to OKW and not being able to find a parking spot :scared1:...that is what can happen to the guests at the resorts where you left your car while you were in the theme parks. Drive your rental back to OKW, or drive it to the theme park. You may as well get use out of it since you are paying for it...instead of just using it to drive to dinner.

girlcop
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
We just did this last weekend. We stayed at Pop Century, but had reservations our last night at Ohana. Tell them at the security gate that you have reservations and they just waved us right in. No limit on time. We had dinner and ran to MK on the monorail. No problem. We did park farther out in the parking lot to allow the guests staying there the closer parking.

Deb & Bill
12-05-2010, 05:36 PM
After you finish your meal, drive your car to the theme park parking lot (you will park for free) and enjoy the theme park.