PDA

View Full Version : Make your own treats - snack credit?

elainesj
12-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Are the make your own treats at Goofy's in DtD still a snack credit? Someone told me they heard it was no longer a snack credit.

if it's not, is there anywhere else we can "make our own" treat for a snack credit?

Thanks!

TDC Nala
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
From what I understand although the make your own treats at Goofy's have not been eliminated as a snack credit the eligible items have been severely curtailed, and there is no definite consistency regarding what can be had as a snack credit and what can't.

Last I saw it was down to something like a cookie with one topping or one pretzel rod with one topping - something like that. You apparently should ask when you get there. Although there were reports of persons being told they could have something at the counter, and then when they got to the cashier they were told the snack credit couldn't be accepted for what they had.

The only certainty is that the snack credit will no longer cover all items or unlimited toppings.

Nadjalu
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Nala is right on.

While they still do this, it seems to change constantly.

So it is best to go expecting to get very little in the way of "making" your own. Still possible, but you are so restricted it isn't worth it.

You can however get some of the better things predone for a snack credit.

Good luck, report back what you got if you did it.

irishdadx4
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Don't worry about the make your own....Goofy's has two huge cases of snack items that are already made up...believe me you'll have enough variety that you'll have trouble deciding what you want. And they have all the items in the premade cases that you used to be able to get "made to order".

Mike

elainesj
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info.

My kids were tickled at the pics I showed them of the "make your own" treats and I thought it would be fun just for the whole make your own type concept.

If that is the case, I won't go out of my way to hit Goofy's then as there seem to be candy stores in every park. I don't let my kids eat candy often so just want to be able to take them to a "wow" store and let them have some fun, kwim?

E

Nadjalu
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
If you want you can still have them make their own you just have to pay for them.
It would be fun, maybe count that as "souviner" money you intend to spend and then use the snack credits elsewhere.

DadwhoLOVESDisney
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
When my daughter and I asked about it early in our trip (we were there 3 weeks ago), they said we could use a snack credit.

When my wife tried to use our snack credits 2 days later -- they said that we couldn't use a snack credit for any "make your own." While I understand that Disney gets to decide what's included and what's not -- it's frustrating when you get inconsistent answers...

But I agree that there were other good options to choose from in the store...just not a "make your own."

aubriee
12-18-2010, 01:52 AM
When my daughter and I asked about it early in our trip (we were there 3 weeks ago), they said we could use a snack credit.

When my wife tried to use our snack credits 2 days later -- they said that we couldn't use a snack credit for any "make your own." While I understand that Disney gets to decide what's included and what's not -- it's frustrating when you get inconsistent answers...

But I agree that there were other good options to choose from in the store...just not a "make your own."

When I was there Dec 4th-12th I was told none of the 'make your own' treats were a snack credit. They did have some pretzel sticks, marshmallows, etc made up in the case though, that were a snack credit.