PDA

View Full Version : Nook deals

EpcotMatt2
12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Missed out on the BF Best Buy Nook deal for $99 because I didn't get in line at 3:00, haha. I know occasionally there are some refurb specials. But I figured I'd start a thread for people to post when they're aware of any Nook deals for those looking to still get one. Thanks.

clowe247
12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm in......

3boymthr
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Not as cheap as $99 and it's a self-created do it yourself deal, and I used it to buy the refurbished nook which is no longer available so I'm sure it works but it's a little complicated, and it takes a while to realize the discount but here it is:

By 12/6 - Log on to e-bates or create e-bates account. Connect to B&N via ebates and buy $150 +the tax you'd pay in your state in e-gift cards if buying the wi-fi or if buying the 3G/wi-fi buy $100 in e-gift cards. You'll get $12 or $8 in rebate and a $10 e-gift card (not delivered until 12/26 so this can't be used to buy the Nook). Log off of B&N and e-bates. If buying the 3G log back on to e-bates and connect back to B&N - create a second B&N account (using a second e-mail and cc) and buy a second $100 GC + the tax on the 3G Nook. You'll get a second $10 e-gift card and a second $8 e-bate.

Once you have your $150 or $200 of GC log back on to e-bates. Connect to B&N. Buy the Nook using the GC you have purchased. You'll get a second e-bate = to 8% of the purchase price of the Nook + the tax you pay.

Total savings on a w-fi only Nook $24 plus a $10 e-gift card. Total savings on a 3G Nook $32 plus $20 in e-gift cards.

Ava
12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
^ I was wondering how the $10 e-gift card deal worked. Stinks you don't get it right away but I understand why they do that. Thanks for doing the math on the eBates though. I'm kicking myself now for not buying a refurbed nook from B&N when I saw them posted before Thanksgiving. I keep checking but I doubt they'll come back before Christmas now.

EpcotMatt2
12-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Bumping.

Kycha
12-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Not as cheap as $99 and it's a self-created do it yourself deal, and I used it to buy the refurbished nook which is no longer available so I'm sure it works but it's a little complicated, and it takes a while to realize the discount but here it is:

By 12/6 - Log on to e-bates or create e-bates account. Connect to B&N via ebates and buy $150 +the tax you'd pay in your state in e-gift cards if buying the wi-fi or if buying the 3G/wi-fi buy $100 in e-gift cards. You'll get $12 or $8 in rebate and a $10 e-gift card (not delivered until 12/26 so this can't be used to buy the Nook). Log off of B&N and e-bates. If buying the 3G log back on to e-bates and connect back to B&N - create a second B&N account (using a second e-mail and cc) and buy a second $100 GC + the tax on the 3G Nook. You'll get a second $10 e-gift card and a second $8 e-bate.

Once you have your $150 or $200 of GC log back on to e-bates. Connect to B&N. Buy the Nook using the GC you have purchased. You'll get a second e-bate = to 8% of the purchase price of the Nook + the tax you pay.

Total savings on a w-fi only Nook $24 plus a $10 e-gift card. Total savings on a 3G Nook $32 plus $20 in e-gift cards.
How do you get the $10 e-gift card? I can't find anything about that on ebates.com. TIA!

3boymthr
12-11-2010, 02:42 PM
How do you get the $10 e-gift card? I can't find anything about that on ebates.com. TIA!

Thru 12/6 Barnes and Noble was offering a $10 e-GC for every $100 in GC purchased. You could buy them in-store or online to get the bonus GC, but in order to get the e-bates reward you had to buy online, which is what I did. The GC bonus is no longer available, but you can still work the e-bates rebate with the GCs and the purchase. The beauty of working this deal online is that I also earned credit card rewards points on the gift card purchase. It was uber stacking of rewards. :thumbsup2