PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Honeymoon Registry?!?!?

shortnsweet435
11-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I just signed up to ask this question!

So my fiancÚ and I are getting married March 5th and are planning a honeymoon at Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort in California!
:lovestruc

We REALLY want to do the honeymoon registry, but on the Disney Honeymoon Registry page it says that Disney Honeymoon Registry is for WDW Resort Hotels, Disney Cruise Line, and Disney Vacation Club, with NO Disneyland Resort!

This simply cannot be true! I have googled forever and I can't find the answer anywhere!

Is there really no Honeymoon Registry for guests staying at the original resort?
:sad2:

Please help me, guys! We need to book right away! Thanks so much!

lurkyloo
11-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Unfortunately, no, you cannot use the Disney's Honeymoon Registry at Disneyland because the main requirement is that you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel (including DVC) or take a Disney Cruise. Also, 90% of the items you can add to the registry are only available at WDW or on the cruise. This is a drag b/c really the registry is just a big gift card that you could totally use at Disneyland.

The only ways I can think of that you would be able to register would be if you were taking one of the new California-based cruises or possibly if you were staying at the DVC property at the Grand Californian (like maybe the reservation number would work for activating the registry because it matches the length of the Florida DVC resort reservation numbers...dunno... it's a long shot...).

Sorry :sad1:

lizbd23
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Lurkyloo. . . maybe you can answer this question for me about the registry.

If I'm staying at WDW for my wedding in the first week of August for a memories collection wedding, can I sign up for the registry and then use anything left on my giftcard at DL when we go mid August for our honeymoon and D23 expo?

I know that the registry simply puts the money on a giftcard, but I wasn't sure if that giftcard would work at DL too. We live her in Orlando, so even if it won't work at DL I will be able to use the giftcard here anyways.

Just thought I'd ask.

TIA!:)

Meghatron
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM

If I'm staying at WDW for my wedding in the first week of August for a memories collection wedding, can I sign up for the registry and then use anything left on my giftcard at DL when we go mid August for our honeymoon and D23 expo?

I know that the registry simply puts the money on a giftcard, but I wasn't sure if that giftcard would work at DL too. We live her in Orlando, so even if it won't work at DL I will be able to use the giftcard here anyways.

Just thought I'd ask.

Yes, the Honeymoon gift card will keep all the money left on itself and you can use it ANYWHERE they take a DIsney Gift Card. We're Disneyland APs so I made sure of that before I signed us up, just in case we didn't use the entire card on our cruise.

shortnsweet435
11-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Do you guys know of any 3rd party websites that do registry for the Disneyland resort?

Or can I like, send my guests to a Disney Gift Card website?

Or any more ideas?

lurkyloo
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM

Just thought I'd ask.

What Meghatron said! :rotfl:

Do you guys know of any 3rd party websites that do registry for the Disneyland resort?

Or any more ideas?

Hmmm.... no sites I know of that let you register for Disneyland, but what about sites that let you register for Honeymoon funds in general, like...

http://www.honeyfund.com/

http://www.honeymoonwishes.com/

http://www.travelersjoy.com/

These would almost be better than the Disney Honeymoon Registry because you can use the money for non-Disney expenses, like airfare and taxis.

And here's the web site where they can buy Disney gift cards:

http://www.disneygiftcard.com/home/

MaggieG
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Or any more ideas?

you could try www.uponourstar.com - they let you register for "wishes" and you can put all kinds of things on there, it is worth a try! You actually just cash it out, so you get the cash you want to use on your honeymoon, but I think you can pick specific things too- like maybe add tickets and restaurants. Worth a check, my sister used it and loved it!

Good luck!