PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Rays:Toppings Bar First/Table Second

Mineu
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Just wanted to give those of you heading to Cosmic Rays a warning: add your burger toppings BEFORE you get a table-it is a nightmare to get back in/out of the dining room! I was the last of our family to get our food and headed to the dining room-just wanted to put the heavy tray down and carry my burger out to get a few toppings...BIG MISTAKE!!! I stood in line to get in-even though the rest of my family were already inside eating-put down the tray and tried to head out only to be told that I had to get in line to exit-walked outside to the bar added my toppings and had to get back in line to get back in the dining room-even though I had a table-I had to wait in line behind people waiting for a table! I also witnessed one poor woman being asked to leave because she did not have food on the table-because her husband carried the whole tray back out to the toppings bar!

Anyway, I understand the need for some type of crowd control-but I think they went a little too far this time! At least move the toppings bar into the dining room or warn guests that they need to stop there before they get their table...

Eeyore's Pal
11-28-2010, 10:52 PM
I hate to say it...but you really need to write an email to WDW. This is an illogical arrangement. Others have posted here about similar situations during the summer busy times. WDW will not make changes if they don't get direct, negative guest input.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

Kay1
11-29-2010, 07:05 AM
I have to confess I'm a little confused by some of the lines you mention, but I've never been to Cosmic Ray's when it was that busy. If there's some new crowd control method thank you for your good advice.

This sort of thing is why at Christmas, we either have a TS lunch or eat at 10:30. I know CS can be madhouses at times. Sorry for your experience.

:)

TheRustyScupper
11-30-2010, 04:08 AM
THIS IS A GOOD PRACTICE . . .

1) Everything you said is true and valid.
2) They try to have you get your fixin's before being seated.
3) This speeds the time it takes you to finish a meal and empty the table.
4) However, the CM could have let you back to the table earlier.
5) But, the CM is not obligated to do so.

NOTE: The sign says the CM will show you to your table (you must have your food - you cannot get in to save a table), and that you should have visited the fixin's bar. This practice has sped the table-time at QS eateries and has been in effect for a few weeks. It is a big hit with most patrons, as they no longer have to search for a table while others are holding a table while one person goes after the food. Currently, this is in-effect at Cosmic Rays, Electric Umbrella and Pecos Bills. Look for other QS eateries to follow.

Mineu
11-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I agree in theory it is a good practice-but it was so crowded that I did not see the sign. Also, the added time spent standing in line to wait for a table that my family already had, having to ask permission, then stand in line to exit, add my toppings, then stand in line to get back in and eat, meant that-my family had finished eating when I finally got back in and were ready to leave before I had even taken my first bite!

I also found that having CM's blocking the doors to the dining room and waiving around Star Wars light savers, and grilling that woman next to me about where her food was to have totally changed the fun atmosphere of Cosmic Rays. I heard a lot of people complaining and found the restaurant to be more chaotic-not less- with the new system.

If Disney wants to streamline the counter service restaurants-they need to make renovations first-and move the toppings bar into the dining room and have the CM's greet you at the door and help you find a table-before you have your tray-similar to the set up at the Coronado Springs Resort food court.

We ate at Pecos Bills and did not see this system in place-so, it must not be used everyday-which is even more confusing. Hmm-sounds like a good excuse to tell my husband we have to book the deluxe dining plan next time...
:goodvibes

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
This past August when we had lunch at Cosmic Ray's they weren't that busy to the point where they needed the Cast Members seating us at the tables and I remember going back up to the toppings bar a 2nd time after sitting down to get something else from there. Although after next Thursday once we are back at WDW and go to Cosmic Ray's again when we are in the Magic Kingdom, I will take your advice if the Cast Members happen to be telling the guests where to sit.

TDC Nala
11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
They only do this at the busiest and most crowded times (peak mealtimes in holiday seasons and high summer).