PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Safari Club confusion

hammie59
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Has anyone joined safari club thru Rainforest Cafe and then used the discount at T-rex?

Here is why I'm confused...the brochure at RFC and on their website states discount not accepted at TR and the fee is $10 to join, but no appetizer listed as free.
On TR website, it lists price as $15, with free appy and says it can be used at both. So what's the deal here?

Remmy
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry I cannot offer you more recent information but we did receive the discount in the shopping area at T-Rex (not the build the dino part) and in the restaurant in January. I cannot remember if I used the RFC card for a free appy or % off the entrees. We were there only for a week and we don't have a RFC restaurant truly close and didn't have the chance to eat there but I didn't have to pay for a card renewal since I used the card there (at T-Rex).

They could have changed the rules by now. I wish you the best with replies. I hope you receive the information you wish for.

My family loved eating there.

Remmy:flower3:

MamaJessie
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I bought my card for $10 too but it was a discounted price, so maybe that's why you see two different prices.

I asked a girl at rainforest about it when I bought it and she said it was good at all landry theme restaurants. There was a list of them on the back of the little pamphlet I got when I got my membership card.

I did also hear that you cannot use it at the build a dino area though.

Hope this helps

LindsayLdry
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi there, I may be of some help. My name is Lindsay and I work for Landry's, the company that owns both TREX and Rainforest Cafe. Your Safari Club membership should be good at both locations, but the discount is not valid in the Paleozone or Build-A-Dino. that’s. Fee is typically $15 to join, although occasionally we have discounts. You get a choice of free chef’s app with the purchase of an entrée OR 10% off of UP TO four entrees every visit. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

budbeerlady
11-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Right from the company, like that!

We have used it at both and been giving the free appetizer each time.

hammie59
12-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. I went back on RFC site and reread the conditions. I see now where I made my mistake. It doesn't exclude ALL of Trex, just the areas LindsayLdry stated, although it's not that obvious at first glance. So that really clears things up!