PDA

View Full Version : Which park would be the best park to pay OOP for Meals.

Tess'smom
11-27-2010, 11:42 PM
We are returning to WDW in the Fall and we have a full-dining plan for nine days. We would like to save up one TS for our last day there as well as have a two credit meal at California Grill. We need to pay out of pocket for one day at one park. What would be your suggestions for the best value and variety in one of the parks. We were thinking MK or Epcot for variety. I don't know about price though. Thanks for your suggestions!

barbiecruiser
11-28-2010, 12:10 AM
The Plaza in Magic Kingdom is a wonderful affordable TS. Sandwiches are around $12. They are YUMMY too!!

dbarker
11-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Not in a park, but my vote is for Trails' End at Fort Wilderness. IMO it is the most economical restaurant.

Tess'smom
11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you both for the suggestions!

MyTwoPrincesses
11-28-2010, 12:05 PM
During our last trip, we paid OOP for lunch at Sci Fi. There are lots of options there - several under $15. The burger, turkey club, and reuben are all affordable and have big portions.

For our upcoming trip, we plan to pay OOP for 2 TS meals. Most likely, those meals will be Sanaa and Via Napoli. If your family likes Pizza, you can share pizzas at Via Napoli and that can be cost effective. If everyone gets a personal pizza, Via Napoli is on the pricier side, but from what I've read, the personal pizzas are quite large.

dixonsontour
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
We also pay oop for sci fii. At lunch we get a burger and a shake or cherry coke. We enjoy it but not worth using a dining credit.

Alternatively a cs used at wolfgang puck express feels like a TS - real plates etc.

Disneyfreak616
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
I would say the best places in parks to pay OOP are:

In MK: The Plaza- very affordable and so good! Love being right on Main Street as well.

In Epcot: Rose & Crown PUB- surprising I know but you still have the indoor seating and it's very affordable. Less selection than Dining Room though.

In DHS: Sci-Fi- really economical and so fun for kids and adults! I love the cheesy cartoons. Plus, the reuben there is really good. Cheap too!

In AK: Rainforest Cafe- this place isn't even on the DDP but is sooooo good! Share an appetizer and get a soup or salad and you will be full! And for cheap! But even if you get an entree, many of the best ones are $15 or less!

In DTD: there is also a Rainforest Cafe here! And there is the T-Rex Cafe, which is pretty new and is like RFC except has a dinosaur theme! It's great! Their waffle fries are like heaven. Fun for kids too. Also here is Paradiso 37- which has some great mexican food like baja burritos and chorizo for prices that shocked me because the food is soo good! :)

Hope this helps! Happy planning! :)

Tess'smom
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
These all are such great suggestions! Now I feel I have some good options regardless of which park we chose that day. Thanks!

Dallas_Lady
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Lunch at the Sci Fi gets my vote. DHS CS leaves a lot to be desired, so I try to always do a sit down lunch in this park.