PDA

View Full Version : Can you help suggest an Epcot dinner?

Coconuts
11-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I have one ADR left for our trip and can't decide what to pick. Probably the best time to fit one in is our second night at Epcot.

We have a 2yo that doesn't sit long for meals so I was thinking about GG with the characters, but we've been there before and we always like to try new places and we already have 3 other character meals this trip. We have Akershus booked for that morning, have tried Teppan Edo and Le Cellier on the last trip, so we would like something new and different.

Any thoughts? Thanks!:goodvibes

AKLFan3
11-27-2010, 01:43 PM
You could try La Hacienda de San Angel, it is a new Mexican restaurant right next to the counter service Mexican restaurant. Italy also has a new restaurant, Via Napoli. I haven't tried them yet but I have read excellent reviews for both and they are both brand new.

RMulieri
11-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Biergarten...There is plenty to keep your child entertained.Especially if you time it right for the oompah band.

MJMcBride
11-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I like the biergarten suggestion. Buffets r always good w little ones. I look forward to trying via Napoli myself

*Meagan*
11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I vote Biergarten too!! We love it there and so does my family!

travelfanatic
11-27-2010, 04:16 PM
LaHacienda is excellent if you like mexican food. Great view of illuminations too! :thumbsup2

*ThinkTink*
11-27-2010, 04:22 PM
How about Coral Reef. I very much enjoyed my dinner there and the atmosphere is fantastic. Watching the fish, dolphins, and turtles swim by. If you mention that it's a special occassion of some kind, they will try to seat you right beside the tank.
My husband and I went there for my birthday dinner and he arranged (without my knowledge) for one of the divers to swim up and hold a sign up against the glass that said Happy Birthday Vikki. Very cool!! And didn't cost a dime, according to my sweet hubby!

2Tiggers
11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Since you have already done Le Celliar and you only have one TS left, I would recommend Coral Reef. We loved it!

butiflfeet
11-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Another vote for Biergarten! Its a lot of fun for kids and with it being a buffet you can pace your own meal so the little one doesn't get too out of hand :thumbsup2

Disneyfreak616
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Biergarten for me too! Great for little ones.

epd0407
11-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I vote for Germany as well. We took our 2 year old last December and she adored the show. Its really geared toward kids so do it. The food is excellent as well.

kgallag808
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
I would say with a child that has trouble keeping her attention and probaly wants to get out and see everything...how about the Coral Reef. The food is always really good, the prices are reasonable and your daughter will be able to look at the aquarium. Looking at the fish and possibly and divers should keep her attention through the meal

bcrook
11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
The belly dancer at Marrakesh is always fun. :goodvibes But maybe not for a two year old. It's a little different for me, my son is 14. I am not a big fan of the entrees at Beirgarten (I don't like the German food). BUT, I really enjoy going there. The sides and desserts are good. I like the atmosphere and the show. If you don't want to eat in Morocco, I would head to Germany too.

LuvLuvLuv
11-30-2010, 09:26 AM
le chefs de france (if you go before 5:30 you could see Remy!)

or

san angel inn

both are delicious!!

maminnie
11-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Another vote for Coral Reef. We have been there a couple of times and enjoyed the atmosphere very much. The kids would likely enjoy the aquarium...try to get seated down near the front of the restaurant and close to the actual glass. The last time we were there, there were divers in the tank which was neat for the kids to see.

We also love Chef de France but may not be what you are looking for with the children although our kids always did fine there as it is a pretty noisy place with a lot of activity.

Quillo
11-30-2010, 08:30 PM
I would recommend Coral Reef or Biergarten.

Have a nice trip!!!!:cool1:

Quin
12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
If he will be tired from an Epcot day and will be happy to SIT and watch the pretty fishies, Coral Reef. If he will be recharged and ready to go by dinnertime, Biergarten because they have the kids come down to dance while the oom-pah-pah band plays.

scot@dvcstore
12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I asked my girls (11 & 14) and they agreed to Biergarten. To keep things simple, I only gave them 2 options, Biergarten or Coral Reef. :banana::cool1::banana: