PDA

View Full Version : Akershus Dinner OR Ohana Dinner

ShellyShellfish
11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
For some reason I held onto my Akershus ADR and now I have a decision to make. I need to decide if we should eat dinner at Akershus or Ohanas.

Here's the deal: there are 4 of us, DH, me, DS (3) and DD (1).

The day I have the Akershus ADR I also have a Coral Reef ADR for lunch earlier that day. The day I have the Ohana ADR I was planning on staying for F! and then high tailing it over to Ohanas for our late ADR (8pm!)

I need to cancel 1 ADR as I have 1 too many for our FD plan. So it's come down to either Akershus or Ohanas to go. Which would you rather eat at? Keep in mind, we have 2 young children. The Akershus is for almost 7pm and Ohanas is at 8pm on different days.

Help me decide!

emmaleigh47
11-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Ohana -- I am in the minority but it is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney!

Cinderella94
11-27-2010, 02:43 PM
We have done both and while we liked Akershus, we love 'Ohana. I'd pick that one.

MJMcBride
11-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I would pick Ohana it's great

clanmcculloch
11-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't want either. While I enjoy both restaurants and have gone back for repeat ADRs, they don't fit your schedule very well. With kids that young, an 8pm ADR is too late. With a lunch ADR, a dinner is likely too much food and too much time in restaurants for the day.

If I had to keep one, I'd keep the Akershus ADR because it at least works a bit better schedule-wise.

Food-wise and atmosphere-wise, I prefer Akershus over 'Ohana.

ShellyShellfish
11-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't want either. While I enjoy both restaurants and have gone back for repeat ADRs, they don't fit your schedule very well. With kids that young, an 8pm ADR is too late. With a lunch ADR, a dinner is likely too much food and too much time in restaurants for the day.

If I had to keep one, I'd keep the Akershus ADR because it at least works a bit better schedule-wise.

Food-wise and atmosphere-wise, I prefer Akershus over 'Ohana.

I know, the fact that Ohanas is so late is what made me pick that as the one to possibly be eliminated. All of our others are for between 5 and 6 pm when we typically eat. I keep hoping for an earlier time, but we all know how likely that is. :lmao: