PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda OR Via Napoli

Daisy21015
11-26-2010, 07:34 PM
We will be in WDW in January and wanted to try one of the new Epcot restaurants.

Anyone been to both? What are your thoughts? Which one would you suggest?

Thanks!

Ro Z
11-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Haven't been to La Hacienda but a friend of mine has and said it was OK. The view was the best part of the meal. Been to Via Napoli and plan to go back. The Zeppole di catarina for dessert is TDF. The food was good had pizza and veal parm. But next time we are gonna walk up and try to get in just for dessert!

Melodious
11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I haven't been to la Hacienda, but I was recently at Via Napoli and the margherita pizza did taste just like the pizzas we had in Rome a few years ago. So good :goodvibes

Golf4food
11-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Do you want to pay $$$$ for pizza or for Mexican? :)

disneygotogirl
11-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Based solely on top food blogger reviews, I would go with Via Napoli! However, La Hacienda offers a "to-die-for" view of Illuminations, so if you are planning on dinner, you could schedule your reservation around 30 minutes prior to the show and request a fireworks view table!! Enjoy you trip!

VrBchJ
11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Do you want to pay $$$$ for pizza or for Mexican? :)

You've got that right!

CanadianPaco
11-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I had ADRs at Via Napoli and changed them to La Hacienda. I'm interested in reviews as well. (Cost is cost - welcome to WDW dining.):santa:

catne
11-27-2010, 09:36 PM
have been to both - Via Napoli in September, La Hacienda in November. We loved the pizza at Via Napoli, and had excellent service.

We also loved the meat platter & side dishes at La Hacienda (there are two "for 2" platters--one is seafood, the other is meat) The desserts were just barely OK. Service was good.

As for the "to die for" Illuminations views at La Hacienda...well, the claims are exaggerated. At least 1/3 of the restaurant has NO VIEW of Illuminations...even the window seats in that section have no view (we were sitting at a window seat table and had a lovely view of the side of the building & dark sidewalk leading from Mexico on into World Showcase. Whoop-tee-doo, what a thrill.) Would have been severely disappointed had we booked this restaurant thinking we'd get a great view of Illuminations during our dinner. We've seem Illum. many times, so didn't ask to be moved when we saw where we were seated, but it's not much fun to be seated in that part of the restaurant when they dim the lights for Illuminations & you can't see the fireworks OR your food. Many people in our section did get up & walk over to the other section to stand in between tables and watch Illuminations. Had to be a bit irritating for the people over there, too, to have a bunch of people crowding around them.

Bottom line, having been to both...Via Napoli was the better experience all around. All the food we had was good at Via Napoli (apps, pizzas, and desserts) Both places are pricey, but so is every other restaurant at Disney World.

Havana
11-28-2010, 10:14 AM
We have been to both, and enjoyed each as they are different experiences. I found Via Napoli to be more festive and fun. You can see the big pizza ovens, it is very open and a little loud inside.
I thought La Hacienda was a little more reserved. The service was so good here that we complemented our server to the manager on our way out.