PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

SheilaHeartsDisney
11-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Has anyone ever tried to book the Wishes Dessert Party at MK for the "after wedding dessert party" for all the guests at the wedding??

PinkSleepingBeauty
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I've wondered about this too. Think the issues with it are: a. You can't wear your wedding dress and b.it isn't a private event, other park guests would be there too. Think it is such a shame you can't book private parties in MK like in Epcot. Something to do with no catering in MK or something like that.

Princess SarahK
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
We are having an after wedding Dessert Party on the Patio at the Whitehall room. Its the best/easiest way for us to get in our fireworks fix! Since our reception is in the ballroom were just gonna walk out to the patio for dessert, and our pre reception is there too so it will be a little familiar. We are going to have the music piped in also, i wish we could be in MK but since its a no-go this is as good as it gets for me...ill take it! :lmao:

polynesianbride
11-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I have booked the Wishes Dessert Party for our 21 guests on Monday Dec 6 after our noon wedding and lunch reception. We want to go to the park after our wedding and didn't want to bother with making everyone leave to go back to GF. I bought a white sundress that I'm going to wear to the park (I'm sure I am going to FREEZE- but oh well). The only problem I ran into was each time I would call to make the reservation they would say it was "unavailable"- each person I talked to wasn't sure why it was saying that when they tried to book- it didn't specify if it was sold out or not offered that night. Finally I got ahold of someone who was able to book it as a group of 10 and a group of 11 (for 21 total)- for some reason it just wouldn't accept that large of a group. I will post a full report of our experience when we get back. There are some downfalls to having it this way (not private, can't wear dress, etc) but for us the pro's seemed to outweigh the cons. Good luck with your plans!

tinkerbell 766
11-27-2010, 04:10 AM
My VR is at the Swan and so if I had wanted a DP in Epcot, I would have had to change out of my dress!!! Er...no way!!! I intend to wear thar baby all day!! Our reception is at Citricos, so at first I thought about having SC for a DP, but when I figured out how much it would cost (I would have to have the music piped in), it became a bit too much for our budget. We intend to have our guests just wander down to an area of the GF and watch the fireworks from there. The music is piped in and it's FREE. This is what Wendy (WeeDee) did and it seemed to work well for her.