PDA

View Full Version : OLIVIA'S @ Old Key West Resort

♥Cleo
11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Out of curiosity, I wondered how everyone felt about Olivia's Cafe @ OKW? My husband & I loved it we had a great breakfast. The reason I ask is b/c we r coming w/ a big group who tend to like the ultra themed restaurants that WDW offers. I'm just trying to decide if the food is good enough to sway them a little out of the way. So is it just me or was that an amazing breakfast?

OKW Lover
11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd rate Olivia's as an average family-type restaurant. Heavy on comfort food type items and well done at that. But not anything that is going to amaze people.

Chuck S
11-26-2010, 01:54 PM
We love Olivia's and usually dine there several times during our trips. But, I wouldn't exactly call it a super themed restaurant as compared to many others on Disney property.

If they want good food, Olivia's is good. If they want themes, then not so much. But, there is only so much you can do with the entire Old Key West neighborhood theme, anyway. Considering that, Olivia's theme is "neighborhood eatery."

PatsMom
11-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Olivia's is good and we usually eat there at least once when we stay at OKW. But if I was staying at another resort, I would not make a special trip to OKW just to eat there.

Theming is kind of blah. If you friends are big on themes, it may not be the restaurant for them.

TheRustyScupper
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Our Ratings of Olivia's (OKW):

. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: It is somewhat inconvenient to drive or take a bus to OKW. The food uniqueness used to be lovely, but DDP has forced the eatery to slip greatly in the unique department. Now, although pleasant surroundings, the food is simply average.

beccasmom
11-26-2010, 04:43 PM
We like Olivia's a lot and eat breakfast there at least twice on our visits. We love the breakfast potatoes and banana French toast! :thumbsup2

We enjoy the theming - pretty much along the same lines as the rest of the resort - but it can be quite noisy when crowded. We don't visit much at lunch or dinner because we're not usually around to do so.

It is very convenient for us being located at our home resort, where we usually stay. The service is generally quite good and we've never had an issue being seated without ADRs, but we tend to go early to avoid the rush. The pricing is a fair value, IMHO.

For us, convenience is key where breakfast is concerned. We often just grab something fast and easy at our unit, but a nice, leisurely breakfast is a treat we also enjoy.

disneyfan2kids
11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Last trip it was one of our favorite meals!!!:thumbsup2

bcrook
11-26-2010, 06:44 PM
We enjoy Olivia's too, but we generally stay at OKW for part of our trip each time. I like to combine a meal at Olivia's with a boat ride to or from DTD. It changes the "out of the way" part of OKW to Olivia's being part of small adventure. Most people who are new to Disney enjoy seeing Old Key West.

djo
11-26-2010, 07:02 PM
We will have our first breakfast there next week. Can't wait!

dancingdisneygirl
11-27-2010, 07:48 AM
We love Olivia's too!! We eat there once every trip. It's one of my favorite meals :)

Uncleromulus
11-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I agree that it is a pretty good restaurant (especially breakfast) but not good enough to warrant a special trip.

laughinplace199
11-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I think Olivia's has actually improved over the last year or so. We eat there whenever we stay at OKW and we've always had good meals. But last Jan, we ate there for our pre-marathon dinner and the meal was to die for! :love: Service is always great there - the staff is super friendly. We can't wait to go back to Olivia's.