PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square Engagement

cheshiregirl
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
My BFF and his girlfriend are making their first ever trip to WDW in mid-December. Because they are park newbies I have been acting as their "travel agent", making ADRs, creating touring plans, etc. While any first visit is magical, this trip will be even more special because he plans to pop the question while they are there!

The plan is to give her the ring at dinner on their first night. They have an 8:45 ressie for Tony's Town Square. It's not my fave place to eat, but he loves Lady & the Tramp and thinks it's romantic. And, I am sure that for the two of them, it will be :lovestruc

Now, I am trying to do whatever I can to help the night go off smoothly. Ideally, I would like to get them a porch table so that they can watch the Electrical Parade. Does anyone know who I could talk to ahead of time to incorporate this into their ressie? I would also like to get the Just Engaged buttons delivered to the table afterwards.

As a side note, they are also doing the 1900 Park Fare dinner on their last night and I am planning to get a slipper delivered to their table, because as far as I can tell, there is no way to get it sent to TTS. Can anyone confirm that info?

Thanks and congrats to all of you who are newly engaged and/or in wedding planning mode!!!

Chilly
11-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I think you'd need to speak to the manager of TTS but I've heard that in park restaurants aren't as good at this sort of thing as restaurants not in the park.

What sort of slipper? Try disney floral:

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-once-upon-a-time/display

Figaro8398
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
My DF proposed last May at the Garden Grill. He told me after the fact that he had tried calling about a month ahead and they weren't very helpful.
What the PP mentioned about the park restaurants may be partially right...I do think certain restaurants (CRT) are more used to proposals than others.

My DF ended up whispering something to a CM at our resort as we were checking in, and the staff at the front desk called the restaurant and set everything up. When we got to the Garden Grill, the CMs weren't as secretive as they could've been, but they were so excited. They brought us pins and champagne after the proposal, and we got to have pics with all the characters together. (MK doesn't have alcohol, but they may substitute something else!) What was an added bonus to the excitement of the evening is that the front desk CMs had arranged for champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a balloon, and the just engaged pins to be set up in our room while we were out. (I suppose it was a good thing I said yes!)

I would try the restaurant directly first...hopefully you'll have better luck. If that doesn't work, have him try to let the CMs at the resort know. I was told by so many CMs in our resort later that they had wished it had been them working when my DF asked for help...they love arranging surprises!

Not sure about the slipper. Happy planning!

april2011bride
11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
What night are they eating at TTS? We have reservations at 7:50 on Saturday the 11th!

cheshiregirl
11-28-2010, 01:11 PM
What night are they eating at TTS? We have reservations at 7:50 on Saturday the 11th!

That is actually the night that they will be there. Their ressie is for 8:45 pm. So, you just might see them depending on how leisurely your dinner is!

april2011bride
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Thats awesome! Ill be sure to keep my eye open for them!:goodvibes