PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's

DisneyMommy77
11-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Hello,

Just wondering what might be a better choice.Chef Mickey's at 7AM or 8:15AM? If we do 7AM then we can hopefully make it to MK by rope drop, but if we do 8:15 we get to sleep in a little more. Anyone done 8:15? What time did you arrive at MK?

Another question: We will be driving from off property that morning. (condo right outside Disney World) I am trying to figure out how we do this. We drive to the contemporary for breakfast, does the parking cost money? Then do we have to drive over to MK to park in their parking area, and possibly pay again? Any advice?

What time do you think we should leave our condo? (Mile away from Main entrance)

Thanks so much!

Nadjalu
11-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Personally I would do the later time (I sleep in a bit on vacation...even at WDW).
I would assume you would be about an hour maybe add 1/2 more and you can be at MK.

As for parking what you want to do is park in the TTC and take the Monorail to the CR, then the Monorail to MK. No moving the vehical around. Much easier to get around.

Have a wonderful vacation!

MSSANDRA
11-25-2010, 12:07 PM
I would not try to do a 7:00 adr with a 3 year old. To be sure to get there on time you would need to leave shortly after 6am!!! That would make for a LONG day.

crabbygal902
11-25-2010, 07:01 PM
If your 3 year old is anything like my kids that age, she'll be up at the crack of dawn and so will you! I'd go for the earlier ADR so that you don't have to rush through a character breakfast, trying to get to RD.

It usually takes us about an hour and a half to do Chef Mickey's. Don't forget to factor in a bathroom break and getting downstairs to the walkway to MK. The walk takes 5 (or closer to 10 if your little one is walking) from the side entrance of CR to the security checkpoint at MK.

As for parking what you want to do is park in the TTC and take the Monorail to the CR, then the Monorail to MK. No moving the vehical around. Much easier to get around.

This sounds very logical, but you may want to check on the time that the TTC parking lot opens. We always stay on property so I've never paid close attention, but it seems that I remember seeing someone on the Dis complaining that they couldn't get to their breakfast location as early as they hoped because the lot wasn't open yet.

I'd leave the condo no later than 6:15 for a 7:00 ADR. You could always wander around the CR a bit if you are early.

DisneyMommy77
11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the tips!