PDA

View Full Version : Ohana breakfast or Chef Mickey's?

MagicalMawMaw
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I have never been to either Chef Mickey's or Ohana at breakfast.

I was wondering which you think is better for a couple.
I love Mickey Mouse..is my favorite character.
We love Ohana at dinner..it is our favorite meal.
Is our MK day so both spots are handy.

Thanks for any imput.

Irish_Mike
11-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Both are very nice. I've been to Chef Mickey's and it has the traditional breakfast menu (OJ, Milk, Soda, Breakfast Pizza, Potatos, Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, etc. with characters like Mickey, Donald and Pluto

Ohana's is nice, so I've heard ( Haven't gone). I'm guessing the same menu, except with Lilo and Stitch.

My favourite? Crystal Palace. I love the decor, I love the food, and I love Winnie the Pooh <3. Plus, it's right in the Magic Kingdom, and you can get in earlier then the others because you have reservations. (This is great, especially for pictures on Main Street because it's before the crowd)

saffron1000
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Ohana's is waaaayyyyyyy better!!!! Food is great and you are served not buffet. Great views of the magic kingdom too!!!!! They have all the traditional characters there along with Lilo and Stitch. :thumbsup2

WDWisTheBest
11-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Ohana's is waaaayyyyyyy better!!!! Food is great and you are served not buffet. Great views of the magic kingdom too!!!!! They have all the traditional characters there along with Lilo and Stitch. :thumbsup2

I agree. Family was there in October for breakfast and enjoyed Ohana's.

MJMcBride
11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I think 'ohana is the best character breakfast going

http://www.mouseextra.com/2009/03/20/ohanas-character-breakfast-my-favorite/#comments

thats the review on my website

MagicalMawMaw
11-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks! I'm leaning towards Ohana now for sure!

crabbygal902
11-24-2010, 03:35 PM
We've been to both. Chef Mickey's 4 times in the past 6 years and 'Ohana's breakfast just once on our last trip that was exactly one year ago.

As much as I want to love Chef Mickey's, our service got worse and worse each year. The food is fine, the character interaction is fine...the service has gotten downright terrible. Chef Mickey's was a must-do for us and I love the pictures that we have taken of our boys during the different stages of their babyhood and early childhood...but we're not going back on our next trip.

However, 'Ohana was a very pleasant surprise for us. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, especially since I'm a picky breakfast eater and there isn't a buffet to choose from. Their breakfast was terrific! One of my favorite aspects of the 'Ohana breakfast is that you never have to leave your seat since the food is served family-style. My boys also love Stitch and this was a great way to meet him.

Maybe we've just had a string of bad luck at Chef Mickey's, but we will be going to 'Ohana from now on.

3pletprincesses
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I agree. Family was there in October for breakfast and enjoyed Ohana's.

ya that! The food was sure family style to our table which is better then buffet in my opinion when you have young kids but the best was Stitch. He was sooo funny. My girls still talk about the hair do he did to one of my girls when we went. They laugh about it every time they see a picture of him. That's the only restaurant they asked to go back when we go in May.

MJAJmom
11-24-2010, 05:56 PM
We've been to both meals a few times and they offer very different experiences. I much prefer Chef Mickeys over Ohana.

Chef Mickeys has the Fab5 characters dressed in chef's clothes (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy). The atmosphere is very lively. Breakfast is a buffet with several hot/cold choices. The characters circulate quickly and you usually can see them twice (they don't feel rushed and spend quality time at your table). Every so often, the characters will have a sing-a-long and everyone waves their napkins. It's a fun place.

Ohana's has 4 character (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Mickey) that wear a leia or hawaiin shirt. Breakfast is a fixed menu served in a platter family style at your table. A separate server comes around with Mickey waffles. The characters only come around once to your table, and every time for us Lilo and Stitch have been very rushed at our table.

For me, I prefer a buffet because I'd like to choose from several hot/cold offerings. I didn't care much for the Ohana food. My boys liked the characters so that's the only reason why we went there. Both are on the monorail, so it offers easy access to MK when done with breakfast.

Hope that help. Have a wonderful trip!!

pooh2001
11-24-2010, 06:56 PM
'Ohana for breakfast - nice and fun for couples too.
The bread and fruit in the AM is wonderful. The OJ is fresh squeezed and the Kona coffee (yes there is NO Nescafe served) is the best.
The food is brought to your table family style - one big platter for only you and yours to share.

Chef Mickey's is very busy, lots of kids, noise, crying, screaming - buffet with lots of little fingers touching it. If you want a loud wake up call in the AM , go to Chef Mickey's.

:thumbsup2 If you want to see Mickey, Lilo, Stitch and I think Goofy with a nice atmosphere and less germs - please do 'Ohana for breakfast. :thumbsup2

Both places offer the photo package :goodvibes

eeyoresnr
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
we have done and love both (as a couple) but I like 'Ohanas best since you don't have to leave the table, they bring your food "family" style just like dinner, but either choice is a good one:thumbsup2

*ThinkTink*
11-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Ohana's hands down! I will never go back to Chef Mickey's again.

eeyoresnr
11-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Ohana's hands down! I will never go back to Chef Mickey's again.

why?:confused3

*ThinkTink*
11-25-2010, 01:51 AM
We were all excited to try CM on our last trip (dec 09).
Went, wasn't impressed.
The characters flew by (some never stopped), service was not up to disney standards, the breakfast was edible but I can find the same things at the CS at POR, and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo noisy! I had to yell at my hubby across the table. Not enjoyable. The rest of our group was not impressed at all either. All were very disappointed.

I much prefer to go to any of the ones listed below. We have been multiple times to these character breakfasts. Never had any problems, never! And 3 of the 4 listed are already scheduled for the 2011 trip.
Tusker House
Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Ohana's

carrie6466
11-25-2010, 08:25 AM
I would definitely pick 'Ohana for breakfast over Chef Mickey's. We did both in July of '09. DD had a much better time at 'Ohana and we liked the food better.

sohappy
11-25-2010, 08:39 AM
We usually do both. I agree that Chef Mickeys is loud and busy, you have to actually get up to get the food, but there is a better selection than Ohana.

Ohana has awesome juice and my kids love the fruit and bread (and the bacon). Our last experience at Ohana was horrible. We weren't even seated before we had 2 characters at the table. We didn't even get our food before the other 2 came and left. We were sooooo rushed. We were in and out in less than 35 minutes. Once we actually got to sit down without the characters, I noticed that all of our pictures were on taken on the wrong setting and did not come out at all. So disappointing.

That being said, we are doing both again this trip. If I could only pick one, I would probably pic Ohana.

kgallag808
11-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah I would have to do Ohana's for breakfast. We have been to both but the atmosphere at Ohana's is easier to handle for a couple in the morning. If I had children with me I would definitly go for Chef Mickey's. Both are great but that's just my opinion.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Another thing to consider is that Chef Mickey's is the traditional buffet where you get up and get the food yourself, where as at Ohana you need to ask your server if want some more food.