PDA

View Full Version : If money were no object

Suz725
11-24-2010, 09:23 AM
what would be your first choice for dinner at either the parks or resorts?

Tricia1972
11-24-2010, 09:37 AM
The Victoria Room at Victoria & Albert's. We did the Chef's Table and it was amazing, but I missed the ambiance of the dining room. I think that the Victoria Room would be perfect!

cluvsdisney
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Shulas

TDC Nala
11-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm with Tricia but I prefer the chefs table - don't need any of that romance stuff, just bring me the food and the wine.

Uncleromulus
11-24-2010, 11:18 AM
First--V&A.
Followed by Shula's

kanatamom
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Another vote for Victoria and Albert's. Best dining experience I've had anywhere!

Eponine1
11-24-2010, 01:02 PM
The Victoria Room at Victoria & Albert's. We did the Chef's Table and it was amazing, but I missed the ambiance of the dining room. I think that the Victoria Room would be perfect!

Ditto.... I think it would be perfect !!!!

Irish_Mike
11-24-2010, 01:04 PM
I would do Citrico's. I hear it's quite nice.

BoosGram
11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Didn't have to think twice about this one: V&A's.

BriarRosie
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Chiming in with the others about Victoria and Albert's. Chef's Table or Queen Victoria Room, it doesn't matter to me. Just bring on the meal. :laughing:

I've done the Chef's Table and haven't done the QVR, but I'd go to either in a heartbeat.

Second choice? Hard to say. I still go to my favorite places time and again.

IluvKingLouis
11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, I'd go for ANY of the signature dining, as I've not been to any. I suppose it's something we could budget for, but I'm the only adventurous diner in the family, and the ewwws and yucks, would make it not so enjoyable. ;)

Ed J
11-24-2010, 03:05 PM
If money is no object you won't find me in a restaurant, I'll be surrounded by friends and family eating & drinking (mostly drinking) while watching the fireworks from my hired yacht.

http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Recreation/SpecialtyCruises/SPE_SC_998.JPG?t=2009-12-11T15:39:54

The Grand 1

The Grand 1 is an indulgent 52-foot Sea Ray Sedan Bridge Yacht available for luxurious cruises accommodating up to 18 people (17 if a Butler is in service) around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. The Grand 1 is an ideal place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Call (407) 824-2682 for reservations. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

And we will have the butler :laughing:

mjp12831
11-24-2010, 03:10 PM
havent been to many of the places mentioned so far - best I've been at is the Yachtsman hands down.

also, more to op's question, I'd say resorts have better dining overall compared to parks

PoohsFan1
11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
If money is no object you won't find me in a restaurant, I'll be surrounded by friends and family eating & drinking (mostly drinking) while watching the fireworks from my hired yacht.

http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_US/Media/InternetMediaType/Recreation/SpecialtyCruises/SPE_SC_998.JPG?t=2009-12-11T15:39:54

The Grand 1

The Grand 1 is an indulgent 52-foot Sea Ray Sedan Bridge Yacht available for luxurious cruises accommodating up to 18 people (17 if a Butler is in service) around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. The Grand 1 is an ideal place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Call (407) 824-2682 for reservations. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

And we will have the butler :laughing:

I completely agree with this. However the Chef's table at V&A's would be a close second :goodvibes

AKLFan3
11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I would definitely try Victoria & Albert's. I also have eaten at Citricos every other year and it is amazing. I never get tired of it. :thumbsup2

bcrook
11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Every year, I try to gather enough courage to go to Blue Zoo and order anything I wanted on the menu. I always chicken out. This year, I actually had reservations and cancelled. Friends treated my wife and me to an amazing dinner at Jiko. I had a fantastic filet, amazing dessert and coffee, the African wines were outstanding and the service phenomenal. But I would like to go to California Grill and Citricos too.

gibbersome
11-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Victoria and Albert's, regular dining, or chef's table and Queen Victoria's room if you have more time on your hands. The prospect of a 4-hour meal is a bit intimidating though...

Pooh&OurHunny
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
another vote on V&A

Cat0727
11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
For me, it'd be Jiko and V&A :thumbsup2

Cheshire Figment
11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I've done v&A CT four times. I would want to try the QVR.

No other options.

drenalin'junkie
11-24-2010, 07:25 PM
V&A yet again.Price on the rest of Disfood isn't significantly higher than what I pay locally so it's not a "money's no object" type meal

bcrook
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
V&A yet again.Price on the rest of Disfood isn't significantly higher than what I pay locally so it's not a "money's no object" type meal

I think the following Todd English Blue Zoo options are a little costly, but they sound so good...

Start with a seafood appetizer to share: Selection Platter - maine lobster tail, oysters, clams, jumbo shrimp, day's ceviche, tuna cruda, dipping sauces $49
Add the Beef Tenderloin - celery root, asparagus, seasonal mushrooms, warm salsify gel, veal jus $42
Include the side: Lobster Broccoli Stuffed Cheddar Potato $9
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart - roasted pineapple and dark rum flambéed exotic fruit sorbet $14
plus a cocktail or two...$30.00

total for this indulgence for 1 person: $95.00 plus some portion of the appetizer - $110.00 per person?

or

Chef's Tasting - 5 course tasting menu created daily $79
Sommelier's wine pairing $30
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart $14.00
$123.00 per person.

Granted $295.00 at VA is considerably more, but $123.00 per person is nothing to sneeze at.

BGK
11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Chef's Tasting - 5 course tasting menu created daily $79
Sommelier's wine pairing $30
Mai Tai Banana Cream Tart $14.00
$123.00 per person.

The chef's tasting comes with a dessert assortment such as this:
http://bacongreasekid.smugmug.com/photos/972325285_Fc9zf-M-2.jpg
(Yes, the creme brulee is on fire. It's also staggeringly good.)

I'm beyond a two-fisted eater, and I'd esplode if I had a "stand-alone" dessert in addition to the chef's tasting.

*ThinkTink*
11-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Top five favorite restaurents:
1-Victoria & Alberts
2-Yachtman Steakhouse
3-California Grill
4-Wolfgang Puck-Dining Room
5-Shula's

mollygirl13
11-25-2010, 08:31 AM
For me, my vote would be Shula's. :love:

Sweet Melissa
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Honestly, I've never really felt priced out of anything that Disney has to offer. I guess the Victoria and Albert's chef's table is at the top of my current to-do list, though.

Zife
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Based off of the places I've been to, I'd go with either Jiko or Narcoossee's.
I've always wanted to try V&A, but I'm not a seafood eater, and the sample menus I've seen always seem very fish heavy. And while my wife and I call ourselves foodies, I'm not sure either of us could do fois gras...
Bluezoo and Shula's both look good too, but I tend to stick with DDP restaurants (why pay for meals when I already have :-) )

bcrook
11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
The chef's tasting comes with a dessert assortment such as this:
http://bacongreasekid.smugmug.com/photos/972325285_Fc9zf-M-2.jpg
(Yes, the creme brulee is on fire. It's also staggeringly good.)

I'm beyond a two-fisted eater, and I'd esplode if I had a "stand-alone" dessert in addition to the chef's tasting.

I'm sold on this. I don't return until May 2012 - but bluezoo is on my list for sure. Money will be no object.

KYMickey
11-25-2010, 10:22 PM
First--V&A.
Followed by Shula's
Those would definitely be my choices also!

TDC Nala
11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
And while my wife and I call ourselves foodies, I'm not sure either of us could do fois gras...

Don't worry - V&A isn't allowed to serve it. Disney banned it from their restaurants a couple of years ago. You CAN get it at Bluezoo. It's been offered on the tasting menu both times I have asked about it.

However, the Bluezoo tasting menu isn't all that expensive compared to V&A, and they will apply the TIW discount to it, so if money is no object it's still V&A Chefs Table for me.

Redwitch
11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
V&A and the the Chef's Tasting Menu at the Flying Fish are the only two restaurants that really make me stop and think...this is a bit over the top. I think the Disney prices are in line with the local costs. At WDW you are paying for the theme as well as the food. DD and I spent $70 on lunch following our Black Friday shopping. We do not eat out often, but when we do, we prefer good food and service over bargain prices. So, if money is no option ~ CT @ V&A for me.

Ro Z
11-26-2010, 07:34 PM
When I first read this question I thought about restaurants....until I read the post about the private yacht. That is my choice! That would be soooo much fun!

honeymo78
11-26-2010, 08:04 PM
While I would love to go to V&A, since I don't eat any type of seafood, I don't think it would be a great option.

My vote is for Shulas. We dine there once every trip but I wish I could eat there every night.

TDC Nala
11-26-2010, 08:25 PM
The thing about V&a is you can substitute any course you want. No seafood required.

honeymo78
11-26-2010, 08:45 PM
The thing about V&a is you can substitute any course you want. No seafood required.

We asked about that here a few years ago and were berated for wanting to ask to skip the seafood unless we truly had an allergy (and even then suggested we eat elsewhere). In looking the menus people have posted there have been many items we would have loved to have. Glad to know that we can put it back on the list of things to do some trip (probably when we have the Platinum plan).

branv
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
*sigh* V&A for sure. I just can't seem to bring myself to pull the trigger on the cost. On our upcoming trip to WDW & DCL, though, the Dream has Remy, whose menu was put together by the V&A chef and is quite similar. Now that is only $75/pp, and if I have the best luck in the world we'll get that one if all the concierge, platinum and gold cruisers don't snatch up all the ressies. :thumbsup2

BTW: TDC Nala, your Duffy pic made me snarf my coffee. Little warning next time? ;)

TDC Nala
11-27-2010, 10:35 AM
We asked about that here a few years ago and were berated for wanting to ask to skip the seafood unless we truly had an allergy (and even then suggested we eat elsewhere).

That doesn't mean you can't DO it. V&A will be pleased to substitute courses for you.

Suz725
11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
can someone tell me more about the Chef's table at V&A? I do have a seafood allergy but MH does not...where can I see the menu? I looked at Disney.com but I dont see it

Minnie J
11-28-2010, 05:56 AM
V&A's For sure!!:thumbsup2

hsbigboy
11-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Did I say that we love the California Grill? It's always our favorite. Best food, wine list, service, and we always go out on the roof for the Magic Kingdom Fireworks.

BriarRosie
11-29-2010, 01:43 PM
can someone tell me more about the Chef's table at V&A? I do have a seafood allergy but MH does not...where can I see the menu? I looked at Disney.com but I dont see it

The menu is customized for you before you eat there. V&A will call you a couple days before you dine there to confirm with you if you have any food allergies or dislikes. They will make sure you get the full experience with foods you can eat and enjoy.

DisneyStarWisher
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm so glad to hear that many of you would pick Shula's! I hope my DH and I can eat there on Valentine's Day. Money IS an object, but with the restaurant.com $25 coupon and a portion of my DH's meals being covered for his conference, I think we can swing it! It looks like I picked a good one! Can't wait!!!

Disneyfreak616
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
The Queen Victoria room at V&A's for sure! And also Shula's....that filet....it's like heavennnnnn. :cloud9: