PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurants when you are not doing DDP?

moparop
11-23-2010, 12:40 PM
We are leaving for Disney in about 48 hours and have a split stay and only have DDP for part of it. We've got a day we are planning on doing AK/Boardwalk as part of this. Where do you think you get the most bang for your buck in these locations?

Thanks!

Nadjalu
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Personally I would still go to Crystal Palace or Ohana, love both of them.

However I think it is going to be where ever you can get in if you don't have adrs already in place.

You are going at one of the busiest times of the year for WDW. I wish you luck getting in what you want.

(but I would try to make an adr ahead of time).

We were there the week after this last year and every day by 11am the parks had signs at the gates saying all TS places were booked, enjoy a nice meal at their CS restaurants.

moparop
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh! we already have ADRs for a bunch of places when we are on the DDP part of the trip. We've got about 36 hours where we will be winging it. For the most part, we will want to eat at CS places, but I did not know if there were certain CS places that were better for the OOP budget.

Tinkerbellie16
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
AK's Mara is good for counter service. But unfortunately I have nothing good to say about any of the counter service places near the Boardwalk. I would opt for going to Epcot and go to France or Morocco for some good, quick grub!

MyLittlePiglet
11-23-2010, 03:12 PM
The ESPN club on the broadwalk was very pocketbook friendly. Although bar/pub food it was VERY very good. Hubby and I agreed, considering kids, although not consulting them per say too young still, we would go back again is paying out of pocket.

TDC Nala
11-23-2010, 03:38 PM
If you're looking for CS, the Picabu cafeteria at the Dolphin is near the Boardwalk, is not on the dining plan, and generally has better food than Disney CS (those in the nearby area for sure)

Ro Z
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Try Big River. Food is good. You can get burgers ands nachos or turf & surf. Prices are not too bad. We also like ESPN.

Nadjalu
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM
If you are looking for great CS you can't beat Wolfgang Puck's Express in the marketplace...DTD.

It is fabulous. Everything is great, you pay CS prices, yet your food is brought to you as well as your refills.

bigal'sdaughter
11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Looking at your adorable pic of those kids I feel that at AK Flame Tree gives you the best bang for your buck! You can get a 1/2 slab of ribs meal and I bet 2 of you could share that!