PDA

View Full Version : Best Bar Eating at DTD?

Withacy
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
On arrival day (Dec. 9th), we think we'll get in between 3-5 (driving from Atlanta). We intend to see a movie (Tangled!) at AMC - probably between 7-8. With so many unknowns, it's impossible to make ADRs. :confused3

I was hoping to just stop by someplace like HoB and get an appetizer (and maybe adult beverage) at the bar before the movie. There are just 2 of us.

What's the best bet at DTD to stop in and get a quick bite? Or should I just give it up, and plan on CS?

TDC Nala
11-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd say Raglan Road.

engle
11-23-2010, 02:29 PM
We like T-Rex and Fultons for drinks and apps at the bar...it is just the 2 of us as well and we do this type of eating/drinking alot. We also like the drinks at Bongos..not sure if you can order food at the bar.

webray
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Perfect time to arrive and have apps and cocktails at HOB's. They have a fantastic happy hour and a wonderful app menu.

Enjoy!

*ThinkTink*
11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Raglan Road, definately!

Withacy
11-23-2010, 11:52 PM
I love Raglan Road - and we may end up doing it (especially if it's nice and we want to sit outside) - but we have an ADR there the very next night (Friday, Dec. 10th) - so I'd sort of like to try something else.

I didn't even think about happy hour! They have happy hour at HoB (or anywhere else)? (If you didn't guess, I'm not really much of a bar person.)

I have a WDW dining app on my iPhone. At HoB, the Crispy Catfish Nuggets and VooDoo Shrimp sounds good. My friend would love the Scallop Forest at RR.

There's some good stuff on the T-Rex & Fulton's menus too. Do all these places serve food in the bar (to non-ADR folks)?

Like I said, I don't go to bars often - and I don't think I've ever gone to a restaurant bar at WDW (though I went to the Adventurers Club & I love Jellyrolls - that's a different sort of thing).

Thanks for the help!

TDC Nala
11-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Universal restaurants have happy hours but I am totally unaware of any restaurants at WDW that have them. If Webray says HOB...then it's HOB! I wouldn't go to Bongos for anything but drinks, did NOT like the food.

Uncleromulus
11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Paridiso 37 isn't bad for appetizers and drinks. Their beer is the coldest in town!!

Withacy
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Paridiso 37 isn't bad for appetizers and drinks. Their beer is the coldest in town!!

Well, I'm not a beer person - but looking at their menu, the Caribbean Crab & Fish Fritters, and the Mac & Cheese Bites sound very good!

OK, now this is an embarrassment of riches. I've had to go from "is there someplace" to "How do I Choose?!?!?"

If I'm understanding, from everyone's posts, that getting in to eat apps at the bar without an ADR isn't impossible...

:woohoo:

a742246
11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Raglan Road has unique entertainment. Two Irish musicians and two Irish dancers very entertaining. :cool1:

Uncleromulus
11-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Withacy: You are correct--often easy to grab a seat at the bar w/o any prior reservations.

bcrook
11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
House of Blues had happy hour prices late at night when we were there in October. We had a great time eating half price appetizers and drinks. But we arrived after 9:30 pm.

Micca
11-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Years ago I stopped in to Wolfgang Puck's (the location across from the former Virgin Megastore). It was early afternoon and there was a bar near the front entrance where I had some really good beer and sushi while DW and DDs did some shopping. I'm not even sure if that bar is still there, but that was a delightful way to kill an hour or so that day. :earsboy:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Personally I would go for counter service and eat at the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney Marketplace, which I is simply amazing and in my opinion the best value in all of Walt Disney World.

Ro Z
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Never had a problem getting in to the bar at T-rex or Paradiso. I would choose T-rex because I love the nachos but we have had great stuff at Paradiso too and the margaritas were yummy!