PDA

View Full Version : What is considered dressy for restaurants like Artist Point?

hammy13
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
We have ADRs for Artists Point. They told me it is "dressy" but I'm not sure what that means in WDW. I want to pack lightly and also wear comfortable clothes. Would a brand new pair of velour pants and a sequined sweater be considered dressy enough? Or do I need to pack dress pants? Can I wear my Nikes if I wear nice pants?

PictureJumpr
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
I frequently have dinner at Artist Point in khaki shorts and a light sweater, or in capris, or in jeans. I am generally wearing crocs or reeboks on my feet at the time, too. We usually don't go in our been-out-all-day-in-the-sun park clothes, but hardly ever dress up.

JZCubed
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Ripped jeans for either a man or woman seem to be 'inappropriate' by Disney standards.

So too do overly revealing tops for women (halters) and plain t-shirts (like a 'wife-beater' as we say in the north east).

My wife and I eat very well while at Disney (CA Grill, Citrico's, blueZoo, etc.) and I wear jeans and anything with a collar. My wife might also wear jeans, but with a sweater similar in description to your sweater.

Honestly, I have reached a point wear my 'polo-style' shirts and t-shirts that I pack are all Disney themed. Do ya' think I'd ever be turned away from CA Grill wearing my jeans and Mickey Mouse t-shirt under a blazer....hasn't happened yet.....but never ripped jeans.....

What Disney is really looking for - did you put your outfit together or were you just at the swimming pool. The Signature places really don't want you look like you've just come from the pool.

I hope this helps more than it confuses.....

WheelCEO
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Ripped jeans for a man seem to be 'inappropriate' by Disney standards

These should be against the man code and inappropriate everywhere

DisneyFamily123
11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
We ate at California Grill, Narcoossees, Citricos, and Jiko. DH (me) wore kakhi colored shorts and a disney-themed hawaiian print shirt. DW usually wore a matching sundress and and DS4 usually wore shorts and a matching shirt. We were probably among the best dressed.

The majority of people wore similar clothes... some men with long pants, women with capris, etc.. I don't remember anyone wearing jackets or ties.

Wouldn't velour be kind of hot?

Next trip (10 days!) -- signature dinners at California Grill, Narcoossees, Artist Point, Flying Fish, and Hollywood Brown Derby!!!!!

eva
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
For the signature restuarants we normally go with Dockers and polos for the guys and capris or a sundress for the ladies. But I have seen people dressed up and down more. So don't be too concerned. Just stay away from tanks, t-shirts, tennis shoes, etc. They prefer that you do it up a bit more than park wear.

prncess674
11-22-2010, 09:44 PM
. Would a brand new pair of velour pants and a sequined sweater be considered dressy enough? Or do I need to pack dress pants? Can I wear my Nikes if I wear nice pants?You mean like track/yoga pants? Why in the world would you wear workout wear with sequins? :confused3 Personally these pants sound like something that should be reserved for the workout facility. Throw in a pair of dress pants and a pair of strappy sandals. Neither will take up much room.

Uncleromulus
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
This is what is actually prohibited:
Torn clothes, swimwear, tank tops on men, hats on men, cutoffs, t-shirts with "offensive" wording or pictures.
Anything else goes. Footwear isn't even mentioned as part of the suggested code.
What you propose to wear will be just fine--including the Nikes no matter which pants you wear.

wcpamotm
11-23-2010, 12:31 PM
This is what is actually prohibited:
Torn clothes, swimwear, tank tops on men, hats on men, cutoffs, t-shirts with "offensive" wording or pictures.
Anything else goes. Footwear isn't even mentioned as part of the suggested code.
What you propose to wear will be just fine--including the Nikes no matter which pants you wear.

This is absolutely true.

But remember that the atmosphere at the signature restaurants in the hotels is part of the attraction, and that dressing up just a bit helps to maintain it. Not a jacket nor even a shirt and tie (few if any will wear those), just something a bit nicer than what you would wear in a theme park all day.

Not willing to join the fashion police - after all, if it's ok with Disney who I am to say otherwise? I just feel more comfortable myself with dressing to mark the occasion of a nicer meal.

AirGoofy
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I wear golf shirt (short-sleeve shirt with collar), dress or jean shorts, socks, and tennis shoes and have found that I even more overdressed than some.

DG-12
11-23-2010, 03:41 PM
:rotfl2:Sorry-OT But made me laugh out loud. Dana

eva
11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
This is absolutely true.

But remember that the atmosphere at the signature restaurants in the hotels is part of the attraction, and that dressing up just a bit helps to maintain it. Not a jacket nor even a shirt and tie (few if any will wear those), just something a bit nicer than what you would wear in a theme park all day.

Not willing to join the fashion police - after all, if it's ok with Disney who I am to say otherwise? I just feel more comfortable myself with dressing to mark the occasion of a nicer meal.

Your answer is right on the money. I like to remind people that nice restaurants often will let you wear whatever you want within reason. But that doesn't mean that you will feel comfortable wearing just anything. I guess you could use something like a wedding as an example. No one will ask you to leave a wedding if you wear jeans. But do you feel that wearing jeans to an evening wedding is appropriate? Only you can answer that question. For me, I like to dress up a bit for things like that. So I wear a sundress or dressy capris for the signature restaurants.

Sorsha
11-23-2010, 11:44 PM
When we went to Yachtsman Steakhouse in October, here's what we all wore:

DH: White cotton Docker's-style shorts with a nice light yellow polo. Brown leather fisherman sandal-style shoes.

Myself: Black a-line knit long dress with a small palm tree embroidered on the front, embellished with a few sequins here and there. Black Crocs sandals.

DD16: Gray, knee-length cord walking shorts, with a dressy embellished gray, white, and silver tee. I don't remember her choice in footwear. This child is my tomboy and wouldn't wear a dress if you paid her. I do remember that she looked very nice though.

DD7 and DD10: Matching Gymboree sundresses in a navy and white Hawaiian floral print, white bike shorts underneath for modesty. Here they are sitting with their cousin waiting for the bus. He was going with his daddy somewhere else for dinner that evening...
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w220/sorsha_mt/100_0928a.jpg

We all felt neither over- nor under-dressed. :)

Hopefully
11-24-2010, 06:50 AM
I agree I don't want to be part of the DIS clothes police either, but here is what we wear.
We always go back and freshen up and change before heading to a Signature Restaurant. I wear a nice pair of Capri's and a dressy blouse with nice sandals. DH and DS wear dress shorts and sport shirts with dress sandals SH or dress shoes DS.
Eating in a Signature Restaurant is special for us, and we want to dress up a bit. It contributes to the atmosphere.

pilferk
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM

Unless they are ripped, in the knees, from "over use". Those are perfectly acceptable, especially on "trash and leave" day when you have to run to the hardware store for more bags (not that I have a particular instance in mind when I last wore sed ripped jeans)...except, of course, if you're dining at a Disney Signature restaurant. They definitely DON'T fit the dress code.