PDA

View Full Version : What WDW food did you not enjoy?

Elliesmommy
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Please share with me/us the food that you would never eat again at WDW!

For me it was a meatball sub from the ABC Commissary a few years back. The meatballs dissolved on my tongue. I don't think that they are on the menu anymore, however, I doubt I would ever eat at the Commissary again.

Oh, I will never eat a meatball again as long as I live!

Nadjalu
11-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Would not eat at Boma again.

I can't say the dishes were gross, but they sure weren't for us. I had read up on it, read reviews here for months before dining there, and all I heard was it can be "spicey".
Spicey we love....but no one said it wasn't "hot" spicey......
Boma uses spices like cinnamon, vanilla and fruits in everything. The meats are rubbed in them, the potatoes, all the sides, even the soups are sweet. It was like eating a holiday dessert for dinner.
NOT something we liked.

So I try and warn people if you don't like those spices then Boma is not for you. For people who do...it is right up their alley.

Woth2982
11-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I did not enjoy the cous cous with lamb at Epcot can't remember what restaurant it was but it was in the World Show Case.

TinkerbelleAbbysMom
11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
The philly cheesesteak at Cosmic Rays! GROSS!

The Hendies
11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Last week we were offered a sample of Pumpkin Fudge at MK. For the first 10 seconds it tasted good, then for the next half hour all I could taste was a shortening/greasy flavor. Yuk!

Nancy F
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I really thought it would taste better. We didn't care for it at all.
Nancy

cbg1027
11-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Breakfast Lasagne at Crystal Palace! Blech!!!!!

alice99
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Absolutely the WORST burger in the ABC Commissary, in Hollywood Studios.

We ate sandwiches all week and on the last day I promised the kids they could have some fast food.

I was even looking forward to the burger, more than the kids I think.

It was downright nasty, so disappointing! :sad1::sad1:

cluvsdisney
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Beaches & Cream is off our list. We went there for lunch last month and the hamburger tasted like one of the cheapy brand frozen burgers that come in a box at Costco...with some freezer burn for good measure.

I don't see going back to Captain's Grill either. We didn't enjoy our dinner there at all.

margareton27
11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Pomegranate pork chop at Kona Cafe. I have never had anything that had absolutely no taste like this. May be they forgot the sauce :confused3

LBlovesM&WDW
11-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I know it's all subjective, but my duck entree at Chefs de France was the worst I've eaten. It was overcooked and dry, and obviously sat under a heat lamp considering it was brought to the table less than 3 minutes after we ordered. We will never return for that reason and the fact that the waiter took my husband's plate and dumped it before we knew he took it. H is a slow eater and then Remy came by, so neither or us were paying attention to our food. It was the only bad experience we've had in the World.

LockShockBarrel
11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
The greens from 50's Prime Time:scared1:

Incidentally I'm also a little leary of the fried chicken. I've had it twice. First time it was good, moist with a good amount of meat. Second time I swear it came from an anorexic chicken.

meagansmomtoo
11-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Boma! None of us liked it. I had read and researched on here and was so excited to try it. Yuck, love visiting the AKL but I never will eat at Boma again. I didn't even like the Zebra Domes. Probably the worse meal we had. But most people rave about it....just not for us.

Amber Leigh
11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Will never eat in Germany again. Everything was SO salty, and this coming from someone that actually LIKES a little extra salt on her food.

Also Kona Cafe (for dinner). The breakfast is great, but the dinner was a hot mess. All the meat was overcooked and dry.

GovieMom
11-22-2010, 08:14 AM
The steak at Sci-Fi at dinner. It was absolutely gross and was not like any other steak I've ever had ... more like mystery meat. And to top it off the potatoes that came as a side were half-raw. Disgusting ... blech!

TDC Nala
11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Dole Whips.

Yes it is true. I don't like Dole Whips.

I don't like Zebra Domes either.

Tricia1972
11-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I have three that I can think of off of the top of my head:

Tonga Toast - Burnt grease and sugar, so bad that I felt sick to my stomach after eating it.

Turkey Leg - I agree with the PP that it looks better than it tastes

Zebra Domes - I was surprised that they were cold and jelly like. It was cold mush in my mouth. Very gross.

OhThePain
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
The food at 'Ohana. The only 2 things I didn't mind eating there were the shrimp and the dessert. Everything else was either overcooked and dry or tasted like it was out of the frozen food section.

The mushroom filet at Le Cellier. Way way way too much salt.

The chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray's. A bit fatty and just didn't taste right.

daannzzz
11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
California Grill: The specialty salad with the Poached egg on top. It started out okay but quickly became to rich and odd tasting. I should not have let the waiter talk me into it.

PictureJumpr
11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
There have been several instances of things I would rate as 'mediocre'... but the one that stands alone as the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW is the god-awful grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. :sad2:

Liltx
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
The Moroccan rest. food was very bland. GO FIGURE?

Coral Reef- I do like the beet salad and app. for two but have had some horrible entrees.

Chef Mickey's- we eat there only because my kids love the characters, the food is pretty bad to inedible.

dmslush
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Dole Whips.

I don't like dole whips either!

GovieMom
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Me either ... they're way too tart!

Redwavess
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't like the regular popcorn. popcorn:: Too salty!

I LOVE the dole whips!! :lovestruc

sophie832
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM

Count me in with the anti-Dole Whip crowd. However, it's because I just don't like pineapple at all, so I pass on all things pineapple. DH loves to get a Dole Whip from time-to-time, but he says nothing will surpass getting one at the actual Dole plantation in Hawaii.

doclegler
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
We really didn't like the Cheddar Cheese Soup (from Le Cellier) at the F&W Festival. I thought the soup tasted really onion-y with a lack of great cheese flavor. VERY disappointing in our book! Luckily we only spent $4 on the "sample"!

jenjersnap
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM

Zebra Domes make me shudder. You can almost taste, and certainly mouth feel the texture of, the gelatin in them. Gelatin and baby animals are my only food aversions. *shudder*

The only other awful food I've had at Disney was a veggie burger from Pecos Bill. Ice cold AND burnt to a crisp. :confused3

dzneelvr
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Only 3 in all our years of trips: The lasagna at the (now extinct) Alfredos in EPCOT, The Dole Whip at MK, and the Cobb Salad at DHS Brown Derby. I'm not a dessert person, so those items aren't necessarily ever that good to me.:surfweb:

WheelCEO
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Beaches & Cream is off our list. We went there for lunch last month and the hamburger tasted like one of the cheapy brand frozen burgers that come in a box at Costco...with some freezer burn for good measure.

same when I went.. was not impressed at all.. it leads me to believe those that rave over the place don't eat out very often

feistygalkmc
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger at Pecos Bill's, even with the topping bar it was disgusting.

I would call the sandwich I got at Flame Tree mediocre, I think it was the beef BBQ sandwich. Their sauce was too tangy for me, I like a sweeter BBQ sauce. I would eat there again but would probably try the chicken or the pulled pork sandwich

skier_pete
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
There have been several instances of things I would rate as 'mediocre'... but the one that stands alone as the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW is the god-awful grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. :sad2:

This.

psac
11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
The Chicken Parmeasan, Arancini, Calamari, and Zeppole from Via Napoli. All sub-par. The pizza was decent, but that was it. Otherwise, Tutto Italia is SOOOO much better, and we regretted trying Napoli this trip instead of Tutto as usual.

ps -- The family next to us thought Via Napoli was their favorite meal on the trip... well, second favorite to Planet Hollywood. Take that as you will.

pigletto
11-22-2010, 09:01 PM
San Angel Inn.

And let me say.. I saw all the nastier reviews and debates about texmex vs. "authentic" Mexican. I saw all those who enjoyed it and we decided to completely reserve judgement and try for ourselves. We aren't overly picky and I am generally happy with a warm meal.
Our only special request was that dd was vegetarian and we had that listed on the reservation, mentioned it to the host at the podium AND confirmed it with our waiter when she placed her order. And... her food had meat in it:rolleyes1
I tried it, husband tried it.. it was meat. The waiter apologized and brought her something else (I think we actually must have been delivered the wrong dish in the first place).
Everything else was yucky. That's the only way I can describe it. Nobody enjoyed their meal, though we did like the atmosphere. It's a shame, I wanted to like it and thought others were being too picky perhaps.
I don't think that anymore, and I certainly won't return.

Jaimie1911
11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Teriyaki steak at Kona (nasty sauce, dry steak although I order med rare)
Cheddar cheese soup at LeCellier (blech)
Everything at 'Ohana but especially the turkey and pork (sooo dry & bland)
Bacon cheeseburger from Cosmic Ray's (but I was coming down with the flu so that may have been why)

DCDisney
11-22-2010, 09:31 PM
The runny CS eggs at any CS.

The chicken parm at Mama Melrose. Soggy breading and dried out chicken with hardly any sauce or pasta.

Disneyfreak616
11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I did not enjoy the cous cous with lamb at Epcot can't remember what restaurant it was but it was in the World Show Case.

You're probably thinking of Marrakesh in Morocco.

EvilQueenT
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
the duck confit app at narcoossee's was like licking pure salt. i have to give a "boo" to the simple turkey club at hob...food poisoning did not leave me in my happy place.

VG9493
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I too have to say the Dole Whip...everyone always raves about them. Not for me.

drew64
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Do not enjoy several of the supposedly "wonderful" treats including:

Dole Whips - oversweetened chemicals
Turkey Legs - disgusting
Tonga Toast
DW pizza in general
Kitchen Sink- Disgusting mish mosh of toppings poured over Edy's ice cream from your grocer's freezer

CoolDisneyCat
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
the chocolate crepes from the stand at France in Epcot..

Just nasty! It was Hershey's syrup drizzled over cardboard.

Paranurse
11-23-2010, 05:19 AM
The Moroccan rest. food was very bland. GO FIGURE?

I ate a lamb sandwich there once. It was so bland I asked for a mayonaise packet.........you woulda thought I asked for their firstborn! The guy walked to the back then came back and tossed the packet on the counter instead of putting it in my outstretched hand. Didn't get a smile with that one!:lmao::rotfl:

Oh yeah....Dole Whips also.......nasty!

chipndales
11-23-2010, 08:37 AM
The only thing I can think of that truly got my skeeved was the fixins bar at Peco's Bills. I was so excited to try it because of the rave reviews it had gotten here, but when we went, it looked like a food fight had taken place. I watched people pick with their fingers and kids grab without tongs. Just did not look sanitary to me. :( I was pretty bummed out. We did let the counter know and they came to clean up and replace some items. The food was lacking, even for "fast food".

Add me to the anti dole whip. It wasn't what I'd hoped for.

And the cheese soup at Le Cellier. Yuck. :( Also a big let down as I love, love, love soups!

Kay1
11-23-2010, 08:53 AM
The veggie burgers from the All Stars which are offered with bacon and cheese as the only toppings are bad. Also, when we stayed at CS, my son picked up a couple of things at the Pepper Market which were almost mysteriously flavorless.

The original veggie pie at R & S was just awful but there must have been complaints because now it's much better. :)

thunderbug548
11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
The only thing I can think of right now is the cheese fondue from this year's F&W Festival. It tasted like beer (which I hate). I got no cheese flavor from it. It was really thin too so it didn't really stick to the dippers. We ate the potatoes and tossed the rest. Maybe we just got a bad batch but it was horrible.

IluvKingLouis
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not a sweet tooth person, so two small spoonfuls of the Dole Whip is enough. Lucky for me DD7.5 is good about sharing.

I agree about the turkey legs. Had that salty, chemical flavor that those saline injections produce. Blech!

Runny scrambled eggs at Ohana's breakfast. Even after I asked if they could be well done.

NMW
11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Neither my husband nor my sons enjoyed the turkey legs-they threw them out. I didn't even try them.

I dislike the cheddar cheese soup at Le Celliar and don't understand what all the fuss is. DH and the boys like it however.

The CS we had at ABC Commissary in 2005 (have not been back since) was so bad, we couldn't eat it at all. We threw it out and went to the place near the Indiana Jones show. This food there was not great, but at least it was edible. We've made it a point to only ever do TS lunches at DHS since that trip.

I'm also fairly certain I would dislike Boma. I detest cinnamon on meat and some of the other spices they use there. I also really do not like buffets, except for breakfast. I have no desire to eat there, no matter how many great reviews I read.

KJay
11-23-2010, 01:36 PM
So many people had recommeded a Dole Whip, I knew I had to try it when I recently visited Disneyland. I really didn't understand what to expect- I didn't know that it was basically pinapple flavored soft-serve ice cream. I loved the first few bites, started not liking too much by halfway through, then I had to just throw the rest away. I know, I know- I've heard people GASP when they hear I threw away a Dole Whip! The flavor was really great, but I guess I'm not much of a pineapple ice cream person ;)

dutchdisneyfamily
11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Pizza Planet. Blech. The pizza was nasty looking, so I ordered the caprese salad. It was awful. If salad can be greasy, it was. We didn't enjoy this place at all.

PoohsFan1
11-23-2010, 05:06 PM
For me...

- Any burger from any of the CS restaurants, can't stand the buns, they fall apart before taking the first bite plus the patties always taste like cardboard to me.

- The Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich at Le Cellier. I knew after I ordered it that I would regret it because I love the Mushroom Filet so much, but wanted to try something different this time around....I know to only go with what I know best.

TheAnswer
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't think I've ever had a meal I didn't enjoy, as crazy as that is to believe.

KatMark
11-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Definitely the skillet at the Whispering Canyon Cafe--absolutely awful food.

Belle5
11-23-2010, 05:31 PM
grapefruit cake-- HBD (white cake)
cheddar cheese soup- LC (boring)
lobster bisque-Coral Reef (odor was awful)
Kileau Torte-Kona (so rich it made me sick)
Bread pudding-'Ohana (just ok--why the raves?)
cupcakes-Starring rolls (just sickeningly sweet)
herring salad-Biergarten

edited to add: Kitchen Sink for reasons listed in MSLRAC's post below
Turkey legs
most items at Yuk and Yeti

MSLRAC
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Do not enjoy several of the supposedly "wonderful" treats including:

Dole Whips - oversweetened chemicals
Turkey Legs - disgusting
Tonga Toast
DW pizza in general
Kitchen Sink- Disgusting mish mosh of toppings poured over Edy's ice cream from your grocer's freezer

I am right there with you on all of those and would add LeCellier's soup to the list.

For those of you that mentioned Boma being sweet spicy...does that include breakfast?

JerseyDisneyGirl
11-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Hands down, every thing for dinner at Ohana. The meat was either dry, mushy, or fatty. Every thing else I could have gotten at Trader Joe's. Horrible!

geenerbell
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
The Almond Pretzel in Norway. It was like eat communion bread with fingernails sprinkled on top. EEEk!

Ctsplaysinrain
11-23-2010, 07:14 PM
For me , it was everything at Le Cellier. I tried the cheese soup, the mushroom filet and the chocolate mousse. The soup ( which I tried 2 diff times to see if t was a fluke) and the filet were SEA WATER Salty.. Inedible. The mousse was cute but it was tasteless.......

gailg3horses
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
the grilled chicken sandwich with the goat cheese on it. The odor was awful I couldn't eat it. :sick:

Ctsplaysinrain
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
For me , it was everything at Le Cellier. I tried the cheese soup, the mushroom filet and the chocolate mousse. The soup ( which I tried 2 diff times to see if t was a fluke) and the filet were SEA WATER Salty.. Inedible. The mousse was cute but it was tasteless.......

MJMcBride
11-23-2010, 07:44 PM
First of all, pizza stinks at WDW except maybe at Pizzafari

Wolfgang Pucks was awful

goofy4prez
11-23-2010, 08:21 PM
The food at 'Ohana. The only 2 things I didn't mind eating there were the shrimp and the dessert. Everything else was either overcooked and dry or tasted like it was out of the frozen food section.

The mushroom filet at Le Cellier. Way way way too much salt.

The chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray's. A bit fatty and just didn't taste right.

I have to agree with you about the fillet. I found the fillet way to salty. For me the whole mushroom fillet was nothing more than an average piece of meat plopped on a bed of Uncle Bens white rice with a fancy name called risotto, and a can of Campbells mushroom soup poured on top right from the can. Never again for me.

I don't like the regular popcorn. popcorn:: Too salty!I LOVE the dole whips!! :lovestruc

There is no such thing as popcorn with too much salt on it. :rotfl2:

My worst meal was not Le'Cellier (but close), It was ABC Commissary. I had the cuban sandwich. It was one of the few times I have ever taken a bite out of my food and had to quickly spit it out into a napkin. I've been told it's no longer on the menu, but the damage is done, I will never return to ABC again.

PixieMichele
11-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Anything and EVERYTHING from the Garden Grill in Epcot. We actually got up from the table and left, it was GROSS.

Googelibear
11-23-2010, 09:43 PM
I can't eat what they serve at Cosmic Ray's :blow:

sumsmommy03
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Akershus breakfast. None of us enjoyed the meal here and ended up leaving hungry. Cold mass produced scrambled eggs, uncrispy bacon and sticky cold potato casserole. What a waste of a TS meal.

Colleen27
12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
We're generally easy to please, but there are a few foods/restaurants we steer clear of at Disney. Some because they were just bad, some because they just aren't what I like.

Turkey legs. My kids love them at the local Renaissance Festival, but at Disney they just aren't the same somehow. They don't have that cooked over an open fire smoked taste, more like a "smoke extract" and salt taste.

Boma - I don't care for cinnamon or vanilla, especially in savory dishes, so this place just wasn't to my taste at all. And the Zebra Domes were just okay at best, I don't get what the huge attraction is. It is, thus far, the only DIS board favorite that has disappointed.

Pizza Planet - I don't know how you mess up pizza but Disney's perfected the technique. We've never had good pizza on property, but PP was by far the worst.

Crab legs at Coral Reef (no longer on the menu anyway) - Just rubbery, overcooked, and not good. I'll stick to the fish next time.

laura_<3
12-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Chicken curry from ABC Commissary, gross!

mom2val
12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
LeCellier
Mushroom Filet- salty and had way to much truffle flavor
Cheese Soup- horrible, such a dissapointment ( I LOVE cheese)

Jiko- we all were sick the next day

Tony's- we have had such bad service here that even if the food were 5 stars we'd never go back in!

DCLbrideSept2009
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Tonga toast - I guess we were expecting something different?
Pizza at Boardwalk - and I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to pizza, but that pizza was GROSS.

honeydiane1953
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
The more accurate way of putting this is what in Disney did I enjoy? Lots less answers. Food is sooo mediocre it's pitiful.
s

goofy4prez
12-01-2010, 03:44 PM

That just about sums up everything on the menu at ABC Commissary. :rotfl2:

liamsaunt
12-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Dole Whip: too sweet and cloying

Cobb salad at HBD. I like Cobb salad but theirs was served ice cold, mushy, and chopped way too fine.

Grapefruit cake at HBD: dry and too sour

Mussels at Artist Point: came out with half of the shells completely closed and the other half only slightly opened and those mussels were undercooked. Would have sent them back if our waiter ever bothered to come back and check on us. Too bad because the broth had a nice flavor.

WDW bacon in general: undercooked and floppy.

Overall though, I usually find something to enjoy wherever we go.

Oglet
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Without a doubt their horrible nasty my kids wont even eat it Pizza

crazycatlady
12-01-2010, 09:45 PM
San Angel Inn.

And let me say.. I saw all the nastier reviews and debates about texmex vs. "authentic" Mexican. I saw all those who enjoyed it and we decided to completely reserve judgement and try for ourselves. We aren't overly picky and I am generally happy with a warm meal.

Everything else was yucky. That's the only way I can describe it. Nobody enjoyed their meal, though we did like the atmosphere. It's a shame, I wanted to like it and thought others were being too picky perhaps.ti
I don't think that anymore, and I certainly won't return.

I agree with this. We had Teppan Edo planned for my DD's birthday lunch and we ended up switching it to San Angel Inn because of the atmosphere. Big mistake. My DS had to order tortilla soup oop because the menu choices were so....different. DH and DD both got some sort of steak taco and neither one liked it at all and DD is not a picky eater by any means. She barely ate any. My chicken in cream sauce was ok. Definitely the worst meal we had on property.

momof2cutegirls
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Just ate at LeCellier tonight! The mushroom filet really was all it's hyped up to be! Unfortunately, the Campfire Smores were not. It was the prettiest and most unique dessert we've had here, but the marshmellows were not even warm. And then the cookie thing below was so thick, you couldn't cut it. I picked it up and did take a bit, and it wasn't that great. Basically, my girls ate the vanilla ice cream and that was it. Overall, a great meal minus that particular dessert.

ZoZo
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I thought the fish and chips at Raglan Road were terrible. they were barely lukewarm and the breading was kind of doughy (not cooked completely). Yuck.

hammie59
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
The greens from 50's Prime Time:scared1:

Incidentally I'm also a little leary of the fried chicken. I've had it twice. First time it was good, moist with a good amount of meat. Second time I swear it came from an anorexic chicken.

I agree with the greens. Yuck.

cymbaldiva
12-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Absolutely the WORST burger in the ABC Commissary, in Hollywood Studios.

Agreed - absolutely blech!

Dole Whips.

I don't like Dole Whips either. I thought about trying Zebra Domes, but after so many people said Dole Whips are good and so many people were wrong...pass.

Pizza Planet. Blech. The pizza was nasty looking, so I ordered the caprese salad. It was awful. If salad can be greasy, it was. We didn't enjoy this place at all.

Once again - agree. The pizza is bad, the side salad was bad - never tried the caprese salad, but it's probably not too good either. I want to love Pizza Planet, but I just can't.

My worst meal was not Le'Cellier (but close), It was ABC Commissary. I had the cuban sandwich. It was one of the few times I have ever taken a bite out of my food and had to quickly spit it out into a napkin. I've been told it's no longer on the menu, but the damage is done, I will never return to ABC again.

I was going to order the cuban at ABC, but when I asked the CM what was on it and he looked at me blankly and shrugged I ordered the burger instead. See top of this post for my opinion on that....

Just my .02 :hippie:

He2Mommy
12-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Akershus breakfast. None of us enjoyed the meal here and ended up leaving hungry. Cold mass produced scrambled eggs, uncrispy bacon and sticky cold potato casserole. What a waste of a TS meal.

I totally agree. This was definately my LEAST favorite meal of my Thanksgiving trip.

Also, I did not care for the chicken and pork at Ohana. It was way too dry and had an odd tast to it.

Chee Chick
12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
My worst meal was the Crispy Honey Chicken at Yak and Yeti. It was terrible! The chicken seemed like old frozen chicken nuggets. It wasn't fresh at all.

CapnZach
12-02-2010, 10:49 PM
The sad excuse for BBQ at Animal Kingdom!

pampam
12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The worst pizza I've ever had in my life was from ASMO or ASMU. Never again.

lovndisney12
12-07-2010, 06:23 PM
None of us liked Boma (2 families / group of 6)
Turkey leg
Sunshine Season foodcourt in Epcot - Kid's sweet and sour chicken- disgusting as it had bone in it.

aclarke
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
We just went for Thanksgiving week and I made all our ADR's far in advance. I know a lot of people like the Crystal Palace BUT we all HATED the dinner there. The selection was lacking and what they did have tasted AWFUL! It's not cheap either. Would NEVER go back again. Even their breakfast is just so so.

tinkalicious
12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Chef Mickeys!!! I've never had such overpriced, sad food. It was like a bad church potluck. Obviously the atmosphere was fun, but the food was lame (especially because we loved almost everything we had everywhere else!)

For those of you that said Garden Grill - we actually had planned to eat there, until we went into the Land Pavillion - does anybody else notice a weird smell in there? We were totally grossed out - it smelled like bean and bacon soup at the school cafeteria. (and we rode Soarin' 4 times on different days, and the smell was there every time!) :eek:

flamingglobessigmund
12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Shrimp and rice at Lotus Blossom Cafe in China. More bland than a frozen meal.

TDC Nala
12-08-2010, 02:13 PM
never tried the caprese salad, but it's probably not too good either.

It's actually gone. Replaced by a garden salad with chicken.

Zife
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Neither my wife nor I will ever go back to Sci-Fi. It just didn't seem like good food, even though it should have been.

sunnysideup3
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I didn't like the Restaurant Marrakesh. It was overpriced, our food was cold and we were rushed as they were trying to get people through for the Illuminations. Horrible service and sub-par food.

stitchaholic
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I loved BOMA, but also do not get the hype about the zebra domes, they were too sweet and just gross, there were many others desserts that were way,way better.
the meat at Ohana
hamburgers at peco bill

scot@dvcstore
12-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Easy answer, the smoked turkey leg. Not my idea of a tasty park treat. :banana::cool1::banana:

dkoerner27
12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Nancy

thats the best food there is! to each their own i guess.

alice99
12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Chef Mickeys!!! I've never had such overpriced, sad food. It was like a bad church potluck. Obviously the atmosphere was fun, but the food was lame (especially because we loved almost everything we had everywhere else!) :eek:

I completely agree. Nasty, cheap food.... completely overpriced.

alice99
12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
The family next to us thought Via Napoli was their favorite meal on the trip... well, second favorite to Planet Hollywood. Take that as you will.

Second to Planet Hollywood, funny!! I guess they don't get out much.

JennyLynn21
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
The Mickey Ice cream sandwich bar was terrible that we got at Magic kingdom. It tasted freezer burnt .. and the cookie part of it stuck to my teeth and was really weird.

Not for me!! :) But the frozen pineapple bar ... YUM! :)

beccab
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Boma's. It was our least favorite. I am more adventurous than DH but I didn't care for most of the offerings. The roast beef even though rare, I thought was rather tasteless and dry. The chicken was the same; dry & tasteless. The other food offerings, I didn't like except for the butternut squash soup which was delicious. I was very disappointed since we had been looking forward to it so much. On the other hand, the resort is gorgeous. We stayed there many years ago and I had forgotten how beautiful it is.

pampam
12-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Easy answer, the smoked turkey leg. Not my idea of a tasty park treat. :banana::cool1::banana:

Yes. I guess I was disapointed because I was thinking it would be like a roasted turkey leg. Mine seemed a little pink after I started to get into it. I just threw it away.

CathieArms
12-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Please share with me/us the food that you would never eat again at WDW!

For me it was a meatball sub from the ABC Commissary a few years back. The meatballs dissolved on my tongue. I don't think that they are on the menu anymore, however, I doubt I would ever eat at the Commissary again.

Oh, I will never eat a meatball again as long as I live!

Garden Grill at Epcot. Not that it was "bad" per se, just that it wasn't anything to write home about. And, there are sooooooo many better options out there.

kupperman
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
My husband and I also didn't care for the Dole Whip. We also had gray and tasteless burgers at Cosmic Ray's. The Yakatori house at Epcot had greasy nasty beef! All our other meals at WDW have been ok for us.

marlower
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM

I totally agree with this one! I was so excited to taste the grapefruit cake but it was just nasty!

Rags
12-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Pecos Bill's!!!!!! I thought I woulkd try it again this year because last year I thought it was horrible and it was awful yet again!!!

I've learned my lesson never again.

jlhill4444
12-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I did not enjoy the Traditional Kjottkake at Akershus. It had a sweet flavor to it and was really dry and crumbly. Not anything like my family made. The beef was grisly and not good quality. Yuck!

Planogirl
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't like Dole Whips either.

I also disliked the food at Chef Mickey's. Plus we had horrible food at the 50's Primetime Cafe and even worse service. It disappointed me since so many people rave about it.

A DISer commented that people that like Beaches and Cream must not get out much. I think that might depend on what you order. I've always had good luck with the chicken caesar salad there.

Belle5
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM
A DISer commented that people that like Beaches and Cream must not get out much.

You know, Planogirl, I often think this very thing! We are very spoiled just by the number of restaurants we have in our area (used to be more restaurants per person in Dallas than anywhere else in the country--don't know if that's changed). But more than that, sometimes I wonder what quality of food people eat at home that they would think that certain dining experiences are fabulous, delicious, etc. When people carry on about the deliciousness of certain foods, I think, "What are you cooking at home that you think that food is good?" An example of that might be the mac and cheese at LTT--it's Stouffer's, for goodness sakes! The sundaes at Beaches n Cream are pretty good, but if you think the burgers and onion rings or whatever are the most delicious ones you've ever had:confused3????

I have learned after many years on this board to take reviews with a grain of salt until you have a feel for a poster having similar tastes preferences. You might be reading the reviews of someone who eats Banquet frozen dinners each night at home, so of course Chef Mickey's is the greatest food they've ever tasted! (No offense to those who like CM. I have had a number of meals there myself when the kids were little :laughing:)

melissac
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Raglen Road was the worst food we have ever eat at Disney. Out of 6 of us no one like thier entires. The Bread pudding was excellant but not enough we would go again and waste our money.

Planogirl
12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
You know, Planogirl, I often think this very thing! We are very spoiled just by the number of restaurants we have in our area (used to be more restaurants per person in Dallas than anywhere else in the country--don't know if that's changed). But more than that, sometimes I wonder what quality of food people eat at home that they would think that certain dining experiences are fabulous, delicious, etc. When people carry on about the deliciousness of certain foods, I think, "What are you cooking at home that you think that food is good?" An example of that might be the mac and cheese at LTT--it's Stouffer's, for goodness sakes! The sundaes at Beaches n Cream are pretty good, but if you think the burgers and onion rings or whatever are the most delicious ones you've ever had:confused3????

I have learned after many years on this board to take reviews with a grain of salt until you have a feel for a poster having similar tastes preferences. You might be reading the reviews of someone who eats Banquet frozen dinners each night at home, so of course Chef Mickey's is the greatest food they've ever tasted! (No offense to those who like CM. I have had a number of meals there myself when the kids were little :laughing:)
I would rather eat at practically any Tex-Mex hole in the wall here than some of the so-called good Disney places but then I love Tex-Mex. :) I still say that the salad at B&C is (or at least was) pretty good though.

Does anyone actually like the food at Chef Mickey's? :eek:

2Pirates2Princesses
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
reading this thread is making me think twice about the dining plan for our August trip :confused: I know everyone has their own preferences and opinions, but bad food reviews are hard to forget. Surprisingly, several posts on this thread mention the same popular table service restaurants (Le Cellier, Boma, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill).

ZoZo
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Fish and chips at Raglan Road. Barely lukewarm and soggy. Plus the music was so loud, we couldn't hear each other talk. all in all, a terrible meal.

MindyDean
12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Flame Tree BBQ- awful!. BBQ was so dry. I'm from Texas and we have great BBQ , so maybe I just expected more.

GailT
12-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Nancy

I second that almost like the chicken was a dried up prune, YUCK :santa:

mhsjax
12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Flame Tree BBQ- awful!. BBQ was so dry. I'm from Texas and we have great BBQ , so maybe I just expected more.

You being in Texas and another pp from Memphis and my family being from Memphis, WDW bbq just isn't going to cut it, no matter how they slice it or pull it.. lol

Belle5
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM

You just saved me some wasted money. We have been to DAK many, many times--but never stopped at Flame Tree for a meal. That was about to change so that we could have a "new" experience. BBQ is a huge part of our life here in Texas, and if you are saying it's dry, bad, etc.--I am going to trust you on that. We are used to outstanding BBQ! I am thinking there is no way it couldn't disappoint...

Colleen27
12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
You just saved me some wasted money. We have been to DAK many, many times--but never stopped at Flame Tree for a meal. That was about to change so that we could have a "new" experience. BBQ is a huge part of our life here in Texas, and if you are saying it's dry, bad, etc.--I am going to trust you on that. We are used to outstanding BBQ! I am thinking there is no way it couldn't disappoint...

It isn't bad at all, but - and this is a biggie - it isn't going to hold a candle to what you can get locally if you're from a part of the country known for BBQ. It is very good compared to what we can find here at home in Michigan, but not nearly as good as the BBQ we had when we were vacationing in Texas. For the majority of us who don't live in places with really fabulous BBQ it is enjoyable, but for those of you lucky enough to have excellent BBQ at home it isn't likely to impress.

mhsjax
12-10-2010, 10:28 AM
It isn't bad at all, but - and this is a biggie - it isn't going to hold a candle to what you can get locally if you're from a part of the country known for BBQ. It is very good compared to what we can find here at home in Michigan, but not nearly as good as the BBQ we had when we were vacationing in Texas. For the majority of us who don't live in places with really fabulous BBQ it is enjoyable, but for those of you lucky enough to have excellent BBQ at home it isn't likely to impress.

Yeah, kind of like those from NYC expecting really great Italian food. Probably not going to impress anyone from a larger city that has lots of authentic Italian restaurants.

Planogirl
12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
reading this thread is making me think twice about the dining plan for our August trip :confused: I know everyone has their own preferences and opinions, but bad food reviews are hard to forget. Surprisingly, several posts on this thread mention the same popular table service restaurants (Le Cellier, Boma, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill).
Boma is good but different. We had no trouble finding things we liked but some of the items do taste a bit weird IMO.

The others seem to be more of a matter of taste but to me Le Cellier is way overhyped and Chef Mickey's just isn't good.

timandheather
12-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I would say the Chicken Parm at Tonys Town square! It was like eating leftovers!
then the food at Chef Mickeys a 10 dollar vegas buffet has better food! the CS Pizza at AK was bad.

BUT all of the other 20 meals we had where great!

Joolish1313
12-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Le Cellier: everything at it. Everyone's steaks were so-so, the side dishes weren't as good as hyped and the dessert selection was meagar.

Also, Grand Floridian used to be our fave 1st night resturant but they changed the menu and the new pasta sauce was like paste.

ANYTHING at a serve yourself buffet is mediocre. I woud recommend the Family Style, which is cooked for your table.

I feel like all the really tasty food has disappeared from the menus as Disney leans towards "safer" and less exotic tastes to cater to everyone that is on the dining plan.

blondietink
12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
We ar done with Chef Mickey's for good. The food has been getting worse every time we have been there. Last time most of the food was tasteless, cold by the time we got back to the table, not much selection, poor waitress service and we never got to see all that characters and the CM's didn't even care when we said Pluto never came by our table.

mickeymotto
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I did not enjoy the Cobb Salad from Brown Derby, but loved everything else we had there. I think it was the texture and the dressing.

I did not enjoy ANYTHING from the Coral Reef! Bleh!:sad2:
I love seafood, but not from here.

I also did not enjoy my meals from Chefs de France and Mama Melrose. We had the Braised short ribs and pasta form CdF and the pasta and chicken parm from MM.

However, I am a Dole Whip lover!!!!:love:

Googelibear
12-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I would never eat again at Cosmic Ray's - :sick:

None of the QS restaurants at HS are interesting to me.

I prefer the World Showcase and resort restaurants

kalvin
12-13-2010, 04:40 AM
I have never enjoyed Crispy Veg..:confused3:confused3

WeLuvDiz
12-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Ordered the rack of lamb at HBD....UGH never again:eek:

pampam
12-13-2010, 06:02 AM
I would never eat again at Cosmic Ray's - :sick:

Why?

A_Princess'_Daddy
12-13-2010, 06:55 AM
There are a few things that I know I won't enjoy, such as turkey legs, or that are very difficult to prepare well in any sort of quantity, such as duck, so I steer away from them at WDW and similar places.

The only two things that I've been surprised to genuinely not like at WDW were the Zebra Domes (I tried them three times, figuring I must be missing something, but I just found them unpleasantly sweet and mushy each time) and the ham & brie panini at Beach Club Marketplace (it was burnt on the outside yet still refrigerator cold on the inside both times that I ordered it).

Disney Spaz
12-13-2010, 11:13 AM
I have to agree with those from Texas who said if you are used to great BBQ in Texas WDW will disappoint. I am from Maryland where we have Chesapeake Bay steamed blue crabs. To say I love crabs is an understatment. However when we went to Fulton's I was sorely disappointed with the crabs and most of the other seafood. However, those around us were raving about the same things we were eating. I think it is all about exposure. As for my worst food is have to agree with others about the zebra domes. YUCK! But Chef Mickey's will win hands down. The food was awful and to top it off we got the Norovirus there and were all hospitalized. After that just hearing the name Chef Mickey's makes me sick to my stomach.

SnowWtch
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
DH and I didn't like the eel roll at Tokyo Dining. I would have thought it would have been wonderful since they do sushi and tempura. It was small and you couldn't even taste the eel. Good thing the tempura was tasty.

Another thing we didn't like was the lunch skillet at WCC. The only thing we liked from that skillet were the ribs. Good thing they let you get as much as you want b/c we made a meal of just those.

7165red
12-13-2010, 06:36 PM
For me it was Boma, some of the dishes were too sweet.

blondemom
12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
We did not like the food at Chef Mickey's. It was cold and not very appetizing. The worst food, however, was at the Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom (lunch). I can't even walk past that restaurant without feeling a little sick. We were expecting so much more from it because of the reviews. It was just awful. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

DisneyStarWisher
12-13-2010, 09:13 PM

I completely agree!!! I HATED that meal! Of course, I also hated the curried chicken salad at Wolfgang Puck Express. Maybe, it's just a curry thing.

My whole family did not like Boma. Just too different for us.

Norway School Bread--a snack I had heard great things about so I thought I would give it a try. YUCK!!!

DrKnow
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
The Almond Pretzel in Norway. It was like eat communion bread with fingernails sprinkled on top. EEEk!

:rotfl2:

WheelCEO
12-14-2010, 12:48 AM
VIA NAPOLI..

now, it wasn't "bad", however with every trip I am more and more convinced that the average member on the disboards doesn't get out much. The pizza is simple a coal oven pizza for triple the price.. and half as good. My entire party of 5 did not understand the hype that this board created.. check out your local yellow pages, eat some pizza there and save yourself the $$$

stitchaholic
12-14-2010, 08:05 AM
school bread was my biggest dissapointment, I LOVE coconut, so I thought i would love this, however, it was just weird tasting and there is a spice in there that completely overides the coconut

rhodymom
12-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Ohana's was the biggest disappointment for sit down (and I tried it twice!...fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on ME!)

DEA
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
The cordon bleu chicken sandwich at ABC Commissary was pretty disgusting.

Surprisingly, a pork dish I had at Hollywood Brown Derby was not good at all to me. It tasted like I was eating dirt. Not a "savory, earthy taste," no... dirt.

Iluvthemouse
12-15-2010, 01:04 PM
the Creme Brulee at Wolfgang Pucks Express

it was very eggy, same texture as flan, which I dont like..

The Soarin creme brulee at Sunshine Seasons was very good..

LuvLuvLuv
12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
i didn't like tonga toast. it was too sweet, and i don't think i like warm, smooshy banana. ((however kona is my favorite breakfast.... i just get the big kahuna now!))

i wanted to love this :(

Laketravis
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Garden Grill at Epcot. Yuck.

Three people at the table, and the first platter they bring has two slices of turkey and two small beef medallions. A couple of ice-cream scoops of dressing and, I believe, mashed potatoes.

For almost $40 a head? The turkey tasted like something from a Swanson TV dinner, the "beef" medallions were about as big as a small meatball and the same consistency.

Asked for more, was brought another platter. This time, two slices of turkey and one beef medallion.

Also, do not sit in the "outer" ring. The AC vents drip condensation down onto your food. We didn't realize where it was coming from until it was too late.

Tegan_Shade
12-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I've had both good and bad meals at DWD. However, that is usually because of a matter of personal opinion and rarely (from my experience) from just plain bad food. For example, I don't like pasta so anyplace that serves pasta is a no-no for me... most of the time. The worst thing that I have ever had though was Lobster Benedict at 1900 Park Fair. I'm one of those people that has to try new things and I saw it and said "ooh. Something new!" ... Never again, lol. Although the rest was great I guess a sea food and eggs combo isn't my thing.

walkdmc
12-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Ohana's dinner. The beef was so dry and overcooked it was almost jerky, but not nearly as good. Everything else (except the dessert) was tasteless, with the salad being the worst--soppy soggy mess with no taste.

The entertainment was fun if you're....like 5....cheesy and annoying if you're older than 5 and not related to participants.

pas130
12-15-2010, 02:45 PM
After having some apps and desserts and AKL in the CL lounge (including Zebra domes) had no interest in Boma. Just not my taste...

DH didn't like the "smoked" BBQ at Whispering Canyon

We love CM breakfast, not so much dinner.

And the beef skewers at O'Hana were definitely more than rare our last 2 visits. We still LOVE O'Hana's though. All the rest of the food is excellent.