PDA

View Full Version : How do you offer dessert credit to neighboring table of guests?

PelletierBears
11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I've read on past threads of people on the dining plan offering their dessert credit (for table service) to a neighboring table. We think this is a great way to spread some pixie dust around.

Not to sound silly but how do you do this? Do you have your server identify a table of guests who are not on the dining plan and have the server ask them if they'd like a complementary dessert? Do you offer this yourselves?

I appreciate your thought and /or experiences

Thanks,
Lisa

Nadjalu
11-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure you are not able to do this anymore. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

But when on the dining plan you are not allowed to use credits for someone not on your plan.

Sorry, maybe at one time but I haven't heard of this.
Would be nice though.

mskayjay
11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
When we travel and are on the dining plan, the last day we are there I always go in to Roaring Forks or where ever we are staying and if there is someone paying cash for their meals I pay for it with my dining plan credits. It is my money that paid for the credits so why can't I do this? I've never heard of it not being allowed before so if it was and I've broken some rule.....shame on me. I really don't see how they can say you can't do this. I mean if I walk up to Peco's Bills and order 4 burgers how can they tell me I can't do that with my credits really????

With desserts, when we are there doing our anniversary trips they always seem to send out and extra cupcake or something and we have already had dessert. We ask the people around us with children if they would like it or ask the waitress if she sees someone around with a family that would like it. Is that not allowed?

Nadjalu
11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, someone is going to have to explain this to me then.

Because all I read on the boards is you cannot let anyone not on your plan use your credits.

Is this only for TS or does it account for CS as well?

Please someone explain this. :confused3

PelletierBears
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok, someone is going to have to explain this to me then.

Because all I read on the boards is you cannot let anyone not on your plan use your credits.

Is this only for TS or does it account for CS as well?

Please someone explain this. :confused3

What I remember reading in past posts is this:

You have dinner at let's say Whispering Canyon (since we're staying at WL : ) ...you decide to skip dessert which is included in your dining plan credit. So instead of letting it go to waste you ask a neighboring table, " hey would you like dessert on us tonight?"
Since the server is the only 3rd party involved in the transaction :lmao: I suppose it depends on their mood as to whether they tell you it's not allowed.

It would be nice to share since we're trying the deluxe plan for the first time and know we won't eat all the desserts.

Thanks!

vicki_c
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
The DDP rules very clearly state that you can't use your credits for people not on the dining plan. From what I have read here, the vast majority of servers follow that rule. Whether that would be looser when you're only talking about dessert - who knows? But it is not allowed by the DDP rules published by Disney.

I just pulled this from the DDP brochure:
You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan.

Tinkerbell2B
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
What I remember reading in past posts is this:

You have dinner at let's say Whispering Canyon (since we're staying at WL : ) ...you decide to skip dessert which is included in your dining plan credit. So instead of letting it go to waste you ask a neighboring table, " hey would you like dessert on us tonight?"
Since the server is the only 3rd party involved in the transaction :lmao: I suppose it depends on their mood as to whether they tell you it's not allowed.

It would be nice to share since we're trying the deluxe plan for the first time and know we won't eat all the desserts.

Thanks!

That makes sense to me. You order the dessert that is part of your plan and pass it along to someone else if you don't want it. It doesn't seem that there would be alot that anyone could do. At least the dessert would be enjoyed by someone!! I don't want to break any rules though!!

Nadjalu
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Ok, so what you are describing is asking the people next to you (for instance) do they want your dessert. Then you preceed to ask them what they want, order it and then give it to them???

Other than that I don't see how you are able to do this when the majority of the CMs will not allow you to give your credit to someone else.

Sorry, just trying to clarify.

TDC Nala
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I am closing this as WDW has a written rule against using your TS dining allotments to buy food for other parties.