PDA

View Full Version : la hacienda de san angel

chipndales
11-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Has anyone eaten there and what did you think? Made ressies for my brother and I (he lives in AZ and loves Mexican, but he eats real Mexican). Was it worth the price, in your opinion, and how was the food? :goodvibes

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Oooo! I'd love to know this, too!

puntagordabob
11-20-2010, 09:28 PM
great food....price wasnt bad at all

katieam1
11-20-2010, 11:23 PM
We went during our September trip and it was the most amazing meal of the trip the food just melted in your mouth it was so good. I was blown away with our meal. There are some pictures on my signature under September Food. We are heading there soon and we are planning 3 meals there we loved it so much. So I will have more pics soon. We were able to watch Illuminations while enjoying a terrific meal and it is so amazing. Hope that helps and the pictures help you decide! :)

Mrs. Darcy
11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to eat there and I'm glad the OP put up this thread!

CanadianPaco
11-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to eat there and I'm glad the OP put up this thread!

I agree! Thanks!:santa:

Havana
11-21-2010, 07:11 AM
We really enjoyed our meal here. In fact, it is the meal that I most remember from our past few trips. The prices are not too bad. We shared the two person platter and it was plenty of food. They bring you more rice, beans and flour tortillas if you need. It is beautiful inside, and the server was Outstanding!

chipndales
11-21-2010, 07:42 AM
We went during our September trip and it was the most amazing meal of the trip the food just melted in your mouth it was so good. I was blown away with our meal. There are some pictures on my signature under September Food. We are heading there soon and we are planning 3 meals there we loved it so much. So I will have more pics soon. We were able to watch Illuminations while enjoying a terrific meal and it is so amazing. Hope that helps and the pictures help you decide! :)

That Tilapia looks outstanding! I think my mouth just watered lol. Thank you so much for the link and opinion... I'm positive I made the right choice now. :cool1:

chipndales
11-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Thank you, thank you for all the opinions. I love it! I'm excited to get there and try it already!

JDUCKY
11-21-2010, 07:51 AM
The food there is excellent. Esp. the cheese empanada. O. M. G.! :)

chipndales
11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
The food there is excellent. Esp. the cheese empanada. O. M. G.! :)

I'm making a note of that lol. I think they might have to roll me out of there...:lmao:

ntsammy5
11-21-2010, 08:18 AM
but he eats real Mexican). Was it worth the price,

We're trying it in two weeks. This is now the only Epcot restaurant we haven't eaten at.

Just out of curiosity what is real Mexican? What is real American food? There are so many varieties and choices as to make it impossible to tell what "real" is.

Our DIL was born and raised in Mexico City and Columbia and she has wildly different opinions as to what is authentic Mexicn and authentic American! :lmao:

Since our son loves to grill & smoke stuff she will tell you taht is real American. Oh and pizza too. That's real American! :rotfl:

Just saying........

chipndales
11-21-2010, 10:34 AM
We're trying it in two weeks. This is now the only Epcot restaurant we haven't eaten at.

Just out of curiosity what is real Mexican? What is real American food? There are so many varieties and choices as to make it impossible to tell what "real" is.

Our DIL was born and raised in Mexico City and Columbia and she has wildly different opinions as to what is authentic Mexicn and authentic American! :lmao:

Since our son loves to grill & smoke stuff she will tell you taht is real American. Oh and pizza too. That's real American! :rotfl:

Just saying........

I'm from NY so I generally consider mexican taco bell :lmao: We do have several Mexican places to eat so I can't really comment on most of those, but the few I've been to are sort of Mexican"ish".

He's from AZ (which I've visited several times) and they have these insane "fast food" mexican places which serve what I would consider to be actual Mexican food! It tastes nothing like Taco Bell.. they have everything in Spanish. He's also been to Mexico several times so you know... I didn't want him to be like "ah not real mexican food but it's good" know what I mean? He's been on the streets of Mexico buying from real vendors and in the small eateries there that aren't where most tourists go. ;)

texasteacher35
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
We are eating there too for the first time! I hope we love it! I am from TX so I am hoping for some good TexMex, although we live in Chicagoland now! Can't wait! I just booked a last minute ressie a minute ago for next Sunday! :)

katieam1
11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
That Tilapia looks outstanding! I think my mouth just watered lol. Thank you so much for the link and opinion... I'm positive I made the right choice now. :cool1:

It was amazing. I was so happy I ordered it. We went there and just kind of let our server be our guide to what was good and he more than did a good job. It was amazing. The sizes were very generous as well.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy it as much as I did.

Ed J
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
La Hacienda is supposed to replicate a true high-end Mexican restaurant. It has been many years since I've eaten at a high-end Mexican restaurant (in Mexico) so I can't tell you if they replicated one or not. But I can say I really enjoyed my meal as did the dozen of family members that also ate there a few weeks ago.

I'd recommend the Del Mar for 2 if you enjoy seafood.

Tinkerbell2B
11-21-2010, 05:36 PM
instead of San Angel Inn? Can you see Illuminations good from La Hacienda? I thought it was indoors and the Cantina was outdoors. Shows you what I know! I would definitely switch if we can eat there and see Illuminations! Please let me know so I can switch ressies!!

PolyAddict
11-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Is it on the dining plan? One credit or two?

thanks

ms mouse
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
instead of San Angel Inn? Can you see Illuminations good from La Hacienda? I thought it was indoors and the Cantina was outdoors. Shows you what I know! I would definitely switch if we can eat there and see Illuminations! Please let me know so I can switch ressies!!

La Hacienda is the new table service(at dinner) resturant on the lagoon. I think it is close to where the Cantina was. San Angel is inside.

chocovrdmicears
11-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I believe you can see Illuminations from some areas inside, but they are limited. But you definately have a better chance of seeing Illuminations there than San Angel. ;)

Is it on the dining plan? One credit or two?

thanks

It is on the Dining Plan and is 1 credit. :)

PolyAddict
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I believe you can see Illuminations from some areas inside, but they are limited. But you definately have a better chance of seeing Illuminations there than San Angel. ;)

It is on the Dining Plan and is 1 credit. :)

thanks a bunch!!

chipndales
11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks to everyone for inputting on this.. we're in the World now and I'm verry excited to hit Epcot and this reservation! I'll let you all know how it went, pics included. :)

Pastamom
11-23-2010, 06:42 AM
We're eating there in March - can't wait to try it now.:banana::banana:

We have 8:00 ADR's - hoping to watch Illuminations from there. Any suggestions on that?

aesalsa
11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
We have 8:00 ADR's - hoping to watch Illuminations from there. Any suggestions on that?

We have a dinner ADR there in May, and it will be our first time at LHdSA. I am curious about the view from there as well, as that is one of our main reasons for eating there (but I am very excited about trying it!). I was told that requests are taken a the podium, not at booking.

:wave2:

katieam1
11-23-2010, 11:56 AM
We're eating there in March - can't wait to try it now.:banana::banana:

The viewing there was great. We could finally see the images on the globe which was nice and the show was great. It was nice to be able to ejoy a great meal and the beautiful Illuminations!

Pastamom
11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
The viewing there was great. We could finally see the images on the globe which was nice and the show was great. It was nice to be able to ejoy a great meal and the beautiful Illuminations!

Did you have to request a table in a certain area or was any table good? or do they have a viewing area for guests. thanks!!

katieam1
11-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Did you have to request a table in a certain area or was any table good? or do they have a viewing area for guests. thanks!!

The whole restaurant is surrounded by glass windows (the best example I can give is: set up is a lot of Coral Reef where all tables can see the tanks but some are closer). There are like lines (rows of tables) there are some right next to the window, then you have two lines of middle tables then you have a back wall tables. We sat in the far middle table near the wall and we had great viewing. I am sure you could ask to be seated by the window if you want to but it is not guaranteed. The only time we couldn't see something was when a table near the window let their child stand on the window ledge of the window for a few minutes. They were taking pictures of the fireworks so we did not say anything.

webray
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Food is mediocre at best. Margaritas are not worth it at all. They are very sweet. Service is great though.

travelfanatic
11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
We just got back and ate at La hacienda when we were there. EXCELLENT food! Best black beans I have ever had and I've had quite a lot. They have some sort of corn that comes with the flank steak and it was soooo good! :banana: I would highly recommend this restaurant. I can't wait to take my husband next time. I don't see how you can be disappointed. :thumbsup2

disneyfreak89
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know if they give a TIW discount yet?

disneyfreak89
12-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know if they give a TIW discount yet?

Anyone know?

KarBear
12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
It was amazing. I was so happy I ordered it. We went there and just kind of let our server be our guide to what was good and he more than did a good job. It was amazing. The sizes were very generous as well.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy it as much as I did.

Katieam1: great pics - thanks for sharing bc those were a lot of the places we want to try! How was the food at Tony's? Decent or blah? I see you're from Verona is it as good as the spaghetti from Spaghetti Factory near Sylvan Beach?

Tinkerbellie16
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I ate there with DH and another couple in September for their soft opening - it was one of our best meals on our trip! Service was superb, food was great, and the margaritas were outstanding. I loved the shrimp tacos and rose margarita - YUM!!! Everyone I was with loved it.

chipndales
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM

I would request. The table my brother and I sat at had no viewing of Illuminations. There are tables right at the window, though, and when we went they were accepting walk ups... so I would absolutely request a window seat for the show! Food was amazing. Service was so so. I'd definitely go there again though. :goodvibes

travelfanatic
12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Anyone know?

I used my TIW card two weeks ago! :thumbsup2

disneyfreak89
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
I used my TIW card two weeks ago! :thumbsup2

That's great! Thanks!