PDA

View Full Version : AKL Road Construction, Some Animals Being Moved????

Disneylvr
09-07-2002, 09:30 AM
I just read a post on the Resort Board that said due to road construction at or near the AKL some animals were being moved. Some savannah view rooms would no longer be savannah view rooms because the animals would be moved elsewhere. Is this true? I am suppose to stay there in 3 weeks but I do not want to stay at AKL if there won't be many animals to see or road construction to drive through every time we leave or arrive at the resort. :(

Peter Pirate
09-07-2002, 09:59 AM
I was just there last weekend and noticied nothing new...We'll be there again this next weekend so I'll ask the manager...

:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Disneylvr
09-07-2002, 11:54 AM
Thank you Peter Pirate!

kdibattista
09-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I am staying there in October and called the resort directly. They did tell me that they were doing some work on the savannah but they assured me that if you booked a savannah view - you will get a savannah view. According to AKL, they are doing work on the savannahs at different times - right now they are working on Arusha.

Hope this helps!!

Peter Pirate
09-11-2002, 12:38 PM
I just spoke to a friend in management at AKL & they informed me that (1) yes there is interior road work being done (to benefit the animal caretakers), (2) No savannah views are being affected or more specifically all guests reserving savannah rooms are still getting a complete savannah room view. (3) The animals were not relocated, (4) They were working on two specific areas, one is already complete the other will be finished "shortly".

So it seems these re only improvements at AKL, they asked me to pass on that no one should worry about the "road work" it will not affect a guests stay...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Disneylvr
09-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Thank you Peter Pirate!!!