PDA

View Full Version : London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

sayhello
08-27-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm in the airport in Toronto! My flight to London is delayed an hour, but other than that, seems to be good to go. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me! So far, the only thing I seem to have forgotten is the folder with the directions to the B&B, and a few other bits in it. LUCKILY I took my tickets for the Royal Day Out & the Ceremony of the Keys OUT of the folder, and put them in my purse! I think I can get the rest of the info from my email.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!

Sayhello

Chropistopy
08-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm in the airport in Toronto! My flight to London is delayed an hour, but other than that, seems to be good to go. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me! So far, the only thing I seem to have forgotten is the folder with the directions to the B&B, and a few other bits in it. LUCKILY I took my tickets for the Royal Day Out & the Ceremony of the Keys OUT of the folder, and put them in my purse! I think I can get the rest of the info from my email.

Sayhello

Good luck Tobi! Hope your flight is only delayed that hour. Safe travels! I'll see you on Friday.:banana:

MinnieGarden
08-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Sayhello

Have a safe flight Tobi! Enjoy your pre-days!!!!:goodvibes

k5jmh
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Here is the word from the troops on the ground (aka Pete and Walter)...

It's 4pm now- 68 degrees...going down to 50. Will be like that all week. Light jacket/long pants weather

:banana:

sayhello
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Good luck Tobi! Hope your flight is only delayed that hour. Safe travels! I'll see you on Friday.:banana:Ended up being two hours, but still better than it could have been! See you Friday!!!,

Have a safe flight Tobi! Enjoy your pre-days!!!!:goodvibesthanks! So far, so good! I feel *SO* much better than I did after flying to Barcelona last year. We'll see how I am in the morning.

Here is the word from the troops on the ground (aka Pete and Walter)...

:banana:It's beautiful here! Alternating sunny & cloudy, high 60's. Long pants, light top & a light sweater. Will probably need a jacket once the sun is down.

Sayhello

skunkvette
08-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Ended up being two hours, but still better than it could have been! See you Friday!!!,

thanks! So far, so good! I feel *SO* much better than I did after flying to Barcelona last year. We'll see how I am in the morning.

It's beautiful here! Alternating sunny & cloudy, high 60's. Long pants, light top & a light sweater. Will probably need a jacket once the sun is down.

Sayhello

Glad your flights went well, Tobi.

See you later this week!

Sarabi's Cubs
08-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow! Some of us already being there really makes it real!!!! And I haven't started packing! Better get moving on that!

Laurie

Chropistopy
08-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Wow! Some of us already being there really makes it real!!!! And I haven't started packing! Better get moving on that!

Laurie

I actually started today. I've got the important documents in the carry-on. I still have not put one piece of clothing in a suitcase though. Got to get on that...:rolleyes1

k5jmh
08-28-2011, 07:16 PM
We are 98% packed! We just need to pack a few last essentials and then we are ready to head out the door on Wednesday!
:hippie: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

belle41379
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I actually started today. I've got the important documents in the carry-on. I still have not put one piece of clothing in a suitcase though. Got to get on that...:rolleyes1

Haven't packed yet either...I do have the suitcases out and a pile started! Lol

Tobi, Walter, Pete...so glad you made it safely!

BriarRosie
08-28-2011, 09:20 PM
My laundry was done yesterday, and today was the start of packing planning. I won't probably start packing until tomorrow night.

Chropistopy
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...:rolleyes:

Jeff & Stacy in NYC
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello Adventurers! Just realized how close your trip is and wanted to wish you all the best on your exciting journey! Safe travels, everyone!! :goodvibes

sayhello
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Glad your flights went well, TobiJ.

See you later this week!See you soon!!!!!

Lauriethink how it feels for me! :scared1:

I actually started today. I've got the important documents in the carry-on. I still have not put one piece of clothing in a suitcase though. Got to get on that...:rolleyes1I already hate half of what I brought! :rotfl:

Haven't packed yet either...I do have the suitcases out and a pile started! Lo.

Tobi, Walter, Pete...so glad you made it safely!Thanks!!! See you soon!

My laundry was done yesterday, and today was the start of packing planning. I won't probably start packing until tomorrow night.Bring some long pants. I should have brought jeans!

I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...:rolleyes:Resistance is futile!
Hello Adventurers! Just realized how close your trip is and wanted to wish you all the best on your exciting journey! Safe travels, everyone!! :goodvibes Thanks, Jeff & Stacy!

Sayhello

sayhello
08-29-2011, 04:11 PM
We are 98% packed! We just need to pack a few last essentials and then we are ready to head out the door on Wednesday!
:hippie: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:How many suitcases, Mike???

Sayhello

Sarabi's Cubs
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...I've got to concentrate on work today...:rolleyes:

I can't focus on anything - including packing! I can't imagine, for example, being a DU agent having to focus on booking 2012 ABDs today and tomorrow! :scared1:I did manage to get all of my last minute errands done though.:banana:

Does anyone remember where the discussion about tips for the guides was on this board?:confused3 I know it's up to each individual but I thought there was a recommended amount somewhere.

Laurie

k5jmh
08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
How many suitcases, Mike???

Sayhello

1 Checked (has 3 additional bags in addition to clothes.)
1 Carry-on
1 Camera Bag (personal bag)

:banana::banana::banana:

belle41379
08-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Hello Adventurers! Just realized how close your trip is and wanted to wish you all the best on your exciting journey! Safe travels, everyone!! :goodvibes

Thanks guys!

Okay, tomorrow is packing day. Wish me luck! :thumbsup2

Tobi-you said you hate half of whatbyou packed...do you wish you had packed more or less of a certain type of clothing?

DisneyKevin
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I can't focus on anything - including packing! I can't imagine, for example, being a DU agent having to focus on booking 2012 ABDs today and tomorrow! :scared1:I did manage to get all of my last minute errands done though.:banana:

Does anyone remember where the discussion about tips for the guides was on this board?:confused3 I know it's up to each individual but I thought there was a recommended amount somewhere.

Laurie

Thank you for thinking of me today.

Lots of folks are excited about next year's Adventures.

If you have the little handbook ABD sent, there is a tipping guide toward the back.

columnwest
08-29-2011, 10:54 PM
This is helpful. Thanks! I think my issue with the Millennium Bridge (aside from my general fear of bridges) is that I have seen the Harry Potter movies too many times, so my mental image of that bridge is of it twisting and falling into the Thames.

Safe travels all!!!!

Laurie

LOL, well if Voldemort and the Death Eaters show up, I think the bridge will be the least of your worries. :eek: I'm sure you'll have a great time.

-- Chris

YellowMickeyPonchos
08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Just wanted y'all to look for me at the London Meet ....

I won't be there, but you can still look! Consider that your DL podcaster visit for this ABD!

Have fun!!!

mattincanberra
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM
So this trip is finally real, I'm at Canberra Airport, hanging in the quite nice lounge with an adult beverage and a plate of food - flight is delayed, but who cares!

Tonight in Sydney - next update will be from the First Class Lounge tomorrow morning. The nice First Hosts have called today, arranged my 50 minute massage for tomorrow afternoon!

See you all soon

Matt

k5jmh
08-30-2011, 05:01 AM

I won't be there, but you can still look! Consider that your DL podcaster visit for this ABD!

Have fun!!!

Want me to skype you? :rotfl2:

So this trip is finally real, I'm at Canberra Airport, hanging in the quite nice lounge with an adult beverage and a plate of food - flight is delayed, but who cares!

Tonight in Sydney - next update will be from the First Class Lounge tomorrow morning. The nice First Hosts have called today, arranged my 50 minute massage for tomorrow afternoon!

See you all soon

Matt

Have a safe flight, Matt!! See you on Thursday!! :woohoo:

k5jmh
08-30-2011, 05:46 AM
36 hours to go!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

belle41379
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM

See you all soon

Matt

There you go...rubbing it in again. :rolleyes: lol

Have a great flight everyone!

Sarabi's Cubs
08-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Thank you for thinking of me today.

Lots of folks are excited about next year's Adventures.

If you have the little handbook ABD sent, there is a tipping guide toward the back.

Thanks, Kevin! I knew I saw it somewhere!

You know, a 25" suitcase looks much smaller when your closet explodes onto the bed for packing. Edit. Edit. Edit.

Laurie

Chropistopy
08-30-2011, 08:58 AM

See you all soon

Matt

Safe travels!!

36 hours to go!!!

:cool1: woohoo!

You know, a 25" suitcase looks much smaller when your closet explodes onto the bed for packing. Edit. Edit. Edit.

Laurie

I know what you mean! I'm going to have to be inventive in my packing.

*NikkiBell*
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi All!

I just wanted to wish you a FABULOUS trip!! I also wanted to let you know that they were discussing a very neat app on The View today. It's called Word Lens and it instantly translates text (say from a map or book) into English via your iPad. I think it also works on the iPhone and thought it might come in handy while you guys are away.

Can't wait to see pics!

OKW Lover
08-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I also wanted to let you know that they were discussing a very neat app on The View today. It's called Word Lens and it instantly translates text (say from a map or book) into English via your iPad. I think it also works on the iPhone and thought it might come in handy while you guys are away.

I wonder if it does British English to US English. :rolleyes1

ADP
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Popping in to wish everyone a fantastic trip! I know you have all been waiting a long time and it's finally here. Just remember to stop and smell the roses. Take a moment to realize where you are and soak it all in.

Cheers! :)

columnwest
08-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Chris!!

Do you have any cool new shirts? Hope you're well and having fun travels.

Thanks for the notes. We have so little time that I relish all the tips on how to best spend my moments!

As a matter of fact, I did pick up some new shirts recently, though I haven't gotten a chance to wear them yet. I got them at this place last weekend (my first visit there)... I guess it's my consolation prize for not getting to go with y'all to Europe.

http://columnwest.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/img_0901a1.jpg

As for tips... I think you have some free meals while you're in London. If you're looking for a decent casual mid-level chain restaurant, my tips are... First stay far away from TGI Friday's and all the various Abberdeen/Scotch/Angus Steak Houses. It's cruddy plastic tourist food (and their Friday's is not as good as ours). I'd also avoid Garfunkel's (which is basically like Denny's).

Where would I suggest instead?

Wagamama, which has sort of British versions of Asian fusion. The chicken katsu curry (breaded chicken breast with a mild Indian curry sauce) is my favorite. Wagamama tends to renovate basement spaces, so don't be afraid about going downstairs to eat, and the seating is at long row-tables (a la Biergarten at Epcot), so it's a great place for groups.

If you want something less adventurous, Carluccio's is the best option for Italian. (Note, it's waaaay better than Bella Italia, which you'll see a lot more of.) Carluccio's is half restaurant and half store, so it's a bit like eating inside a Williams-Sonoma. But what I love is that they make everything fresh, and you can really taste the difference. They also have really great salads and healthier options. Their Caprese salad, for example, uses fresh whole basil leaves and a signature sweet balsamic drizzle.

Nando's is fun for Portuguese flame-grilled chicken. They have the same chain here in Canada, but for whatever reason, the UK version tastes a lot better. Basically it's char-grilled chicken, seasoned with spices and served with your option of mild to extra-hot Peri Peri sauce. It's hard to describe, but it's spicy and tangy and garlicy all at the same time. It's a nice alternative to BBQ. They have great olives too.

If you like dim sum, my favorite place is Ping Pong. There are only a couple of them around town though. You sit and order what you want off the menu by checking them off on a list and handing it to the server. I highly reccommend all of the stemed dumplings and the fried crispy shrimp balls. Also, you have to get the jasmine tea, which is so beautiful, you'll be taking pictures.

Finally, if you are not nearly broke enough from this trip, I've eaten at my share of 4-star places as well (with 4-star prices to match). Among my favorites are: Coq d'Argent, Orrery, and Roka. But there are many, many more, if you're willing to pay and get dressed up.

Btw, everyone will tell you... the trick to eating well in Britain is to avoid British food. London especially is such a diverse cultural melting pot that if you're willing to be a little adventurous with the food, you'll be hansomely rewarded with some of the best Indian, Moroccan, Greek, Spanish and French food on the planet. However, if you MUST have Fish and Chips, ask the concierege at the hotel for someplace that does them well. Don't settle for Harry Ramsden's.

BTW, your breakfast in England will likely include the following: Eggs, toast, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, sasuage or bacon (and when the British say "bacon" they really mean ham) and black pudding (which is a sausage-like hockey puck of congeled fried blood. Yes, you read that correctly. If you can get over what it is, it actually tastes okay.)

Best wishes. --Chris

columnwest
08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi All!

I just wanted to wish you a FABULOUS trip!! I also wanted to let you know that they were discussing a very neat app on The View today. It's called Word Lens and it instantly translates text (say from a map or book) into English via your iPad. I think it also works on the iPhone and thought it might come in handy while you guys are away.

Can't wait to see pics!

Word Lens is a fantastic app. However, right now, it only translates between Spanish and English. They're working on French, but it's not out yet. :( There is a free demo version you can get though that reverses the order of letters in words or makes text disappear. Not especially useful, but lots of fun to play with.

-- Chris

skunkvette
08-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Cross thread reference - Foxtrot Oscar information has been updated, Sunday Roast menu is confirmed.

Restaurant address and travel suggestions are listed in post #105 of the FO thread.

Cathy and I are all packed and ready to leave tomorrow PM.

Safe travels to all!

See you in London.

Frank

BriarRosie
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM

Have fun!!!

Thanks, Nancy! I knew to highlight the hidden text, but I am being a stinker and quoting it directly. :laughing:

See you all soon

Matt

And Matt is officially on vacation! :banana: Yes, we want details! I still think it's funny that Qantas gives you pajamas. ;)

36 hours to go!!!

Slightly longer than 36 hours for me, but I'll take it! :banana:

Laurie

That's why I have a 30" brand new rolling duffel. I hope it holds up ok in transit!

Hi All!

Can't wait to see pics!

I downloaded Google Translate app for my iPhone. I'm really impressed with it. While it doesn't do the word scan, you can flip the translations from English to French and French to English. And there's a voice button that will do the pronunciations for you. I like that feature, because I know my natural tendency is to pronounce everything wrong.

Popping in to wish everyone a fantastic trip! I know you have all been waiting a long time and it's finally here. Just remember to stop and smell the roses. Take a moment to realize where you are and soak it all in.

Cheers! :)

Thanks, Aaron! I know there will be a time when I arrive that it will hit me. "I'm finally HERE."

As a matter of fact, I did pick up some new shirts recently, though I haven't gotten a chance to wear them yet. I got them at this place last weekend (my first visit there)... I guess it's my consolation prize for not getting to go with y'all to Europe.

http://columnwest.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/img_0901a1.jpg

As for tips... I think you have some free meals while you're in London. If you're looking for a decent casual mid-level chain restaurant, my tips are... First stay far away from TGI Friday's and all the various Abberdeen/Scotch/Angus Steak Houses. It's cruddy plastic tourist food (and their Friday's is not as good as ours). I'd also avoid Garfunkel's (which is basically like Denny's).

Where would I suggest instead?

Wagamama, which has sort of British versions of Asian fusion. The chicken katsu curry (breaded chicken breast with a mild Indian curry sauce) is my favorite. Wagamama tends to renovate basement spaces, so don't be afraid about going downstairs to eat, and the seating is at long row-tables (a la Biergarten at Epcot), so it's a great place for groups.

If you want something less adventurous, Carluccio's is the best option for Italian. (Note, it's waaaay better than Bella Italia, which you'll see a lot more of.) Carluccio's is half restaurant and half store, so it's a bit like eating inside a Williams-Sonoma. But what I love is that they make everything fresh, and you can really taste the difference. They also have really great salads and healthier options. Their Caprese salad, for example, uses fresh whole basil leaves and a signature sweet balsamic drizzle.

Nando's is fun for Portuguese flame-grilled chicken. They have the same chain here in Canada, but for whatever reason, the UK version tastes a lot better. Basically it's char-grilled chicken, seasoned with spices and served with your option of mild to extra-hot Peri Peri sauce. It's hard to describe, but it's spicy and tangy and garlicy all at the same time. It's a nice alternative to BBQ. They have great olives too.

If you like dim sum, my favorite place is Ping Pong. There are only a couple of them around town though. You sit and order what you want off the menu by checking them off on a list and handing it to the server. I highly reccommend all of the stemed dumplings and the fried crispy shrimp balls. Also, you have to get the jasmine tea, which is so beautiful, you'll be taking pictures.

Finally, if you are not nearly broke enough from this trip, I've eaten at my share of 4-star places as well (with 4-star prices to match). Among my favorites are: Coq d'Argent, Orrery, and Roka. But there are many, many more, if you're willing to pay and get dressed up.

Btw, everyone will tell you... the trick to eating well in Britain is to avoid British food. London especially is such a diverse cultural melting pot that if you're willing to be a little adventurous with the food, you'll be hansomely rewarded with some of the best Indian, Moroccan, Greek, Spanish and French food on the planet. However, if you MUST have Fish and Chips, ask the concierege at the hotel for someplace that does them well. Don't settle for Harry Ramsden's.

BTW, your breakfast in England will likely include the following: Eggs, toast, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, sasuage or bacon (and when the British say "bacon" they really mean ham) and black pudding (which is a sausage-like hockey puck of congeled fried blood. Yes, you read that correctly. If you can get over what it is, it actually tastes okay.)

Best wishes. --Chris

Wow, you were making me hungry until you got to the blood sausage. I'd try it just to say I've had it, but it doesn't sound appealing at all. :scared:

Cross thread reference - Foxtrot Oscar information has been updated, Sunday Roast menu is confirmed.

Restaurant address and travel suggestions are listed in post #105.

Cathy and I are all packed and ready to leave tomorrow PM.

Safe travels to all!

See you in London.

Frank

Have a safe trip, Frank and Cathy!

DisneyKevin
08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
This time tomorrow we will be at the airport.

V
A
C
A
T
I
O
N

WOOHOO!!!!!!

sayhello
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Pip, pip & Cheerio All! I'm typing this in the computer area of my LONDON hotel!!!! Only get 15 minutes at a time, but better than nothing! Weather was gloomy but dry today. Definitely light jacket or sweater weather. St Paul's is MAGNIFICENT!!! OMG gorgeous! Only --- NO PHOTOGRAPHY!!! *That* was PAINFUL!!! So looking forward to meeting up with everyone SOON! (PS, the Oyster card works wonderfully!)

Toodles!
Sayhello

apurplebrat
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Heading to th airport in a couple of hours!!! :cool1::dance3::dance3:

Chropistopy
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Pip, pip & Cheerio All! I'm typing this in the computer area of my LONDON hotel!!!! Only get 15 minutes at a time, but better than nothing! Weather was gloomy but dry today. Definitely light jacket or sweater weather. St Paul's is MAGNIFICENT!!! OMG gorgeous! Only --- NO PHOTOGRAPHY!!! *That* was PAINFUL!!! So looking forward to meeting up with everyone SOON! (PS, the Oyster card works wonderfully!)

Toodles!
Sayhello

Its great getting updates from London!! I wish I was leaving tomorrow....

I'm excited about visiting St. Paul's. I have a ticket for Friday. :cool1:

DisneyKevin
08-30-2011, 05:18 PM
PACKED!

We leave at dawn.

Okay...I just said that to be dramatic. We actually leave Orlando at 5:00pm

Chropistopy
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm packed...for the most part. 90% there. Got one more day of work and one more item to pick up tomorrow...I'll then be ready for my flight on Thursday.

corky441
08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to jump in before you all left and wish everyone Bon Voyage.

I know you all are going to have an amazing adventure. It'll be so wonderful to hear so many different perspectives on the trip.

Safe travels everyone

belle41379
08-30-2011, 09:24 PM
PACKED!

We leave at dawn.

Okay...I just said that to be dramatic. We actually leave Orlando at 5:00pm

Almost packed. We leave tomorrow afternoon, but we will get to
London at the same time you all do. See you there!

BriarRosie
08-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm packed...for the most part. 90% there. Got one more day of work and one more item to pick up tomorrow...I'll then be ready for my flight on Thursday.

Ditto! I'm packed most of the way, with some stuff that goes into the bag last minute. I have some room left in the bag for stuff to take home. :)

I'll be pretty much useless at work tomorrow and Thursday morning.

mattincanberra
08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
At Sydney airport just enjoyed an hour long massage - having some French champagne to get in the mood while I eat my lunch. Boarding in 1 1/2 hours. Next stop Singapore.

MinnieGarden
08-31-2011, 05:36 AM
We leave today! Next stop London!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Chropistopy
08-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Almost packed. We leave tomorrow afternoon, but we will get to
London at the same time you all do. See you there!

Safe travels!!

Ditto! I'm packed most of the way, with some stuff that goes into the bag last minute. I have some room left in the bag for stuff to take home. :)

I'll be pretty much useless at work tomorrow and Thursday morning.

I'm so glad I decided to take tomorrow off of work! I would be useless...so I'm trying to force myself to dig in today so I'm not worried about stuff when I'm gone.

At Sydney airport just enjoyed an hour long massage - having some French champagne to get in the mood while I eat my lunch. Boarding in 1 1/2 hours. Next stop Singapore.

:snooty:.....I'm actually jealous. :) Safe travels!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Woohoo! I'll be saying that tomorrow. :dance3:

Sarabi's Cubs
08-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Just downloaded this week's podcasts and we're off to the airport!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Laurie

Becx N Gav
08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Safe flight everyone, weather looks like it'll be a bit warmer tomorrow and Friday :thumbsup2

k5jmh
08-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Safe flight everyone, weather looks like it'll be a bit warmer tomorrow and Friday :thumbsup2

See you tomorrow!!!!

We are heading out in about 75 minutes for the airport. See ya'll real soon!!!

:thumbsup2:banana::woohoo::cool1:

tardis1029
08-31-2011, 02:43 PM

Toodles!
Sayhello

we are in rm 1007 -:banana: stop by if you get a chace
Micki and John

sayhello
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
At Sydney airport just enjoyed an hour long massage - having some French champagne to get in the mood while I eat my lunch. Boarding in 1 1/2 hours. Next stop Singapore.:-p

PACKED!

We leave at dawn.

Okay...I just said that to be dramatic. We actually leave Orlando at 5:00pmHey. are you here yet???

:dance3::dance3::dance3:See you soon!

Just downloaded this week's podcasts and we're off to the airport!!!:banana::banana::banana:

LaurieOMG, see you soon!

Micki and JohnWhoo hoo! I just got back to my hotel! Not sure if I'm up to venturing out again... My poor feet!!!!! Maybe I can call over... Talk to you SOON!

I can't believe the ABD starts soon & everyone is here or coming soon!!! My feet wish I hadn't done the pre-days!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

sayhello
08-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Micki and JohnWAIT!! Same hotel as me? I'm headed up!

Sayhello

ETA: Hmmmm... Tried to call room 1007 with no luck.

ETA again: Just talked to Micki!!! Whee! This is really happening!

mattincanberra
08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
:-p

So made it to Singapore, the buggy thing was very nice - got taken to a little lounge for immigration processing etc - all very civilised going through customs/immigration with a glass of champagne.

Flight up was lovely, 1A on the A380, big screen television, and the tasting menu with matched wines - I have a spare day here in singapore before I get on the plane for the short 15 hour hop tonight - thinking of going to universal studios singapore, and over to see the new Marina Bay Sands Casino.

See you all tomorrow.

Matt

dcayz
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
James and I are here at the airport. I can't believe it that will be in London in a few hours.

Chropistopy
09-01-2011, 06:39 AM
So...I think everyone is there or traveling there already except for me, Lori, and Jason. How often will we all be checking here and Facebook today? I think every 5 minutes until flight time. So glad that I'm not working today...nothing would be getting done.

Circusgirl
09-01-2011, 08:17 AM
So...I think everyone is there or traveling there already except for me, Lori, and Jason. How often will we all be checking here and Facebook today? I think every 5 minutes until flight time. So glad that I'm not working today...nothing would be getting done.

I work today until 12:00 doing emergencies, so a little stressed about getting done on time, but then just a few things to do before going to the airport. Happy travel day!

JWren1234
09-01-2011, 08:57 AM

I've been on this thread and Facebook about 4 times today (so far). I'm glad I didn't go to work today, I would've been bouncing off the walls!

Jason

JWren1234
09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
I work today until 12:00 doing emergencies, so a little stressed about getting done on time, but then just a few things to do before going to the airport. Happy travel day!

Safe travels Heather, looking forward to seeing you in London!

Jason

Chropistopy
09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Happy and safe travels to everyone today!!!

I checked in online for my flight tonight. I head to the airport around 7:00. I have a couple of things to do in town today beforehand. Come on 7:00....

Chropistopy
09-01-2011, 09:24 AM

Good luck with work! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Happy travel day!

sayhello
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Safe travels to those still on their way (or soon to be!). Welcome to all those who just arrived! Today is SO much prettier than the last couple of days. I hope it lasts! See you all soon!

Sayhello

Chropistopy
09-01-2011, 05:27 PM
About to head to the airport...woohoo!!!!

sayhello
09-02-2011, 12:03 AM
About to head to the airport...woohoo!!!!Safe journey! See you soon!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Holy Crap!!! How did I not see this when we were at DLP! I had no idea that you could go down into the Nautilus!!! That would have been on my "Must do" list!!!

http://tomscherman.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-04-16T15:12:00-07:00&max-results=3

http://tomschermantoo.blogspot.com/2010/04/les-mysteres-du-nautilus-hd-video.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7YWYOLj8z8

sayhello
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
where was the Nautilus? By the architecture, I'd assume DiscoveryLand?

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
The Nautilus itself was in front of Space Mountain 2. But there was a "hidden" entrance somewhere in there area.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310514_1974692603114_1117025522_31756755_150068751 _n.jpg

sayhello
02-18-2012, 10:57 PM
The Nautilus itself was in front of Space Mountain 2. But there was a "hidden" entrance somewhere in there area.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310514_1974692603114_1117025522_31756755_150068751 _n.jpgI totally never saw that! But then, I was feeling pretty yucky when I got off of Space Mountain, so who knows! So sorry we missed it. I wonder if anyone in our group made it in there?

Sayhello

Circusgirl
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I totally never saw that! But then, I was feeling pretty yucky when I got off of Space Mountain, so who knows! So sorry we missed it. I wonder if anyone in our group made it in there?

Sayhello

I did, and it had the same cool retro-futuristic aesthetic as the rest of Discoveryland. I didn't post very many of the photos on Flickr as they were taken with a flash and not very satisfactory, but here they are anyway, to share some of the baroque glories of the Nautilus.

The cast member costumes were designed by John Paul Gaultier:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5944.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5943.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5945.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5946.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5947.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5948.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5951.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5952.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5956.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5973.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5957.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5948.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5958.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5960.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5961.jpg

A giant squid would investigate the sub in a not friendly way when this viewing port opened.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5964.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5966.jpg

In the center of the organ, Nemo would appear on a screen and speak.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5972.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5974.jpg

sayhello
02-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I did, and it had the same cool retro-futuristic aesthetic as the rest of Discoveryland. I didn't post very many of the photos on Flickr as they were taken with a flash and not very satisfactory, but here they are anyway, to share some of the baroque glories of the Nautilus.Cool! Did you do this while we were there, or during your extra days afterwards?

Sayhello

k5jmh
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Did ya'll see that Landon has his own Adventure page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Landon-Adventures-by-Disney/251611834941009

Chropistopy
07-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Did ya'll see that Landon has his own Adventure page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Landon-Adventures-by-Disney/251611834941009

Very cool! I saw the post including Landon that ABD made on their main facebook page today.

Sarabi's Cubs
07-27-2012, 07:31 PM
And the Queen has landed!! I will never be able to look at the gates to Buckingham Palace again without thinking of Kevin, John and Matt's golf cart exit.:rotfl2:

Laurie

k5jmh
08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Christy has me going thru all the pics from London and Paris so she can get some prints for her office, and I am finding a bunch that I had not uploaded yet. Good Stuff!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8301/7815751484_632223300f_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7815751484/)
IMG_0931 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7815751484/) by k5jmh (http://www.flickr.com/people/jmholland2/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7139/7815659292_de4127d3a3_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7815659292/)
IMG_1386 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7815659292/) by k5jmh (http://www.flickr.com/people/jmholland2/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8436/7816232046_e4e44db0df_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7816232046/)
IMG_0285 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmholland2/7816232046/) by k5jmh (http://www.flickr.com/people/jmholland2/), on Flickr

Simba001
08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Holy Crap!!! How did I not see this when we were at DLP! I had no idea that you could go down into the Nautilus!!! That would have been on my "Must do" list!!!

[QUOTE=Circusgirl;44078416]I did, and it had the same cool retro-futuristic aesthetic as the rest of Discoveryland.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/Circusgirl_WDW/ABD%20London%20Paris%20and%20DLP%202011/DSC_5945.jpg

[/IMG]

This is making me want to go on the Knights and Lights Adventure even more! Mike, I am sorry you missed this. I do believe you must return and visit the Nautilus.

k5jmh
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
So how did they open the tower in the morning?

Keys to the Tower stolen...
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1112/breaking34.html

apurplebrat
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
So how did they open the tower in the morning?

Keys to the Tower stolen...
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1112/breaking34.html

I couldnt stop thinking about the ceremony!! What a night
Such a great trip!

Chropistopy
11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I couldnt stop thinking about the ceremony!! What a night
Such a great trip!

Me too, Karen! With the amount of spectical that they put into locking up the tower for the night, you wouldn't think it would be easy to walk away with the keys...any keys.

sayhello
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Me too, Karen! With the amount of spectical that they put into locking up the tower for the night, you wouldn't think it would be easy to walk away with the keys...any keys.I agree, Christy! That's kind of the last thing you'd expect!

Sayhello

k5jmh
07-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Laurie, I have SkyNews live playing on my AppleTV and they are in full Royal Baby watch mode.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q72/s720x720/935033_10200204600453844_507090803_n.jpg

k5jmh
07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
A son a 4:24pm GMT. 8lbs 6oz.

jcb
07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
A son a 4:24pm GMT. 8lbs 6oz.

which egg?

k5jmh
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
The one with the weakest outer wall. :rotfl:

jcb
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
For supposedly speaking English, they have a strange way of announcing this event. The "Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm today."

I mean, it sounds like the poor girl had nothing whatsoever to do during the delivery.

k5jmh
07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
For supposedly speaking English, they have a strange way of announcing this event. The "Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm today."

I mean, it sounds like the poor girl had nothing whatsoever to do during the delivery.

Oyez

Sarabi's Cubs
07-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Laurie, I have SkyNews live playing on my AppleTV and they are in full Royal Baby watch mode.

Much better than me trying to stream it on my iphone!!! (especially since my screen has a huge spiderweb crack all over it) I can't believe how long I spent staring at a door, and of course the second I have a meeting is when all the action is!

Laurie

sayhello
07-23-2013, 10:40 AM

I mean, it sounds like the poor girl had nothing whatsoever to do during the delivery.It's an OLD tradition, so they use OLD words! :confused3

His Royal Highness Prince of Cambridge.

Sayhello

Chropistopy
08-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I couldn't read this without thinking of you guys...;)

http://www.everywhereist.com/macarons-in-paris/

wiigirl
08-23-2013, 01:36 PM
:thumbsup2 Just caught up!

Sarabi's Cubs
08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
I couldn't read this without thinking of you guys...;)

http://www.everywhereist.com/macarons-in-paris/

What a great article! Of course, now I am craving those Laduree macaroons!

Laurie

Chropistopy
08-24-2013, 12:25 PM
I know what you mean, Laurie!