PDA

View Full Version : London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sarabi's Cubs
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree! An organ concert at St. Paul's sounds wonderful!!

Sayhello - I was looking at Continental. Several people have told me to allow at least 2 hours for the connection though so I think the flight I was looking at won't work.

Laurie

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Our Travel Pro bags came in today and they have a ton of space in them and lots of outside pockets. I will be testing one of them out next week when I head to Nashville with all my Cold Weather, Outdoor gear for work.

sayhello
01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Our Travel Pro bags came in today and they have a ton of space in them and lots of outside pockets. I will be testing one of them out next week when I head to Nashville with all my Cold Weather, Outdoor gear for work.Cool! Let us know what you think. My new Mother Lode eTech checked-bag-sized duffle arrived, but I haven't had a chance to examine it yet. I don't know if I'll get a chance to have a dry run with it before our ABD. The only thing it seems to be missing is an outside pocket large enough to hold magazines and other large papers. We'll see if I can survive without that!

If it's half as good as the carryon version, I'm going to be really happy!

Sayhello

jcb
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Our Travel Pro bags came in today and they have a ton of space in them and lots of outside pockets. I will be testing one of them out next week when I head to Nashville with all my Cold Weather, Outdoor gear for work.

Are any of the pockets large enough for an ipad or kindle?

I also hope you are not scheduled to hang off of Nashville's "bat tower."

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd142/sal81084/skyline.jpg

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Are any of the pockets large enough for an ipad or kindle?

I also hope you are not scheduled to hang off of Nashville's "bat tower."

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd142/sal81084/skyline.jpg

I believe there are, Jack. There are a couple of pockets that look big enough.

Luckily for me, No bat tower. I have to drive up to Graham, KY and work at one of our compressor sites and install new............................................... ...................wait for it................................................ .................................................C ameras.

jcb
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I believe there are, Jack. There are a couple of pockets that look big enough.

Luckily for me, No bat tower. I have to drive up to Graham, KY and work at one of our compressor sites and install new............................................... ...................wait for it................................................ .................................................C ameras.

Not 6D's I suppose? :)

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Nope, these kind of cameras....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs882.ash1/179077_1545646437228_1117025522_31208877_3744694_n .jpg

jcb
01-21-2011, 03:11 PM
"The Claw"

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
"The Claw"
That is very "Von Erich"

jcb
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
That is very "Von Erich"

We are so far off topic Kevin is going to slap us (and we don't want to give "absolute power" Nikki any ammo either) but I will just say I had to google that reference.

I don't get out much.

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
We are so far off topic Kevin is going to slap us (and we don't want to give "absolute power" Nikki any ammo either) but I will just say I had to google that reference.

I don't get out much.
Jack, I know I was "out there (pointing to left field)" with that last reference. :rotfl2:

jcb
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Jack, I know I was "out there (pointing to left field)" with that last reference. :rotfl2:

Without Google I would be lost on any type of pop culture reference. (I about had to Google "Aunt Flo" until Kevin helped to define it.)

*NikkiBell*
01-21-2011, 08:20 PM

I don't get out much.

I saw that!! :upsidedow

DisneyKevin
01-21-2011, 08:33 PM
36 hours I was gone....

Just 36 hours and look what's happened.

Our TravelPro duffels arrived and they are awesome.

I know two that are going to London and Paris (the subject of this thread).

Dont make me separate you two.:laughing:

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 08:38 PM
36 hours I was gone....

Just 36 hours and look what's happened.

Our TravelPro duffels arrived and they are awesome.

I know two that are going to London and Paris (the subject of this thread).

Dont make me separate you two.:laughing:

http://www.stci.qc.ca/smilies/smilies%20(311).gif

k5jmh
01-21-2011, 08:46 PM
The duffel's are quite cavernous and have good handle height. I think they will work great for Europe!

tardis1029
01-21-2011, 10:07 PM

We just got ours in to day and they are BIG. They should hold everything needed for a 3 week stay.

k5jmh
01-23-2011, 10:53 AM
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/104896MS?$mercdetail$ (http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?isSingleMatch=true&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=1277948&catalogFromSearch=10002&storeId=10051&N=1000228&ddkey=http:DSIPageDisplayView)

sayhello
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/104896MS?$mercdetail$ (http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?isSingleMatch=true&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=1277948&catalogFromSearch=10002&storeId=10051&N=1000228&ddkey=http:DSIPageDisplayView)OMG, I see a purchase at the Disney Store for me in the next 2 minutes!!!!

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
OMG, I see a purchase at the Disney Store for me in the next 2 minutes!!!!

Sayhello

As soon as Christy sees the shirt, I have a feeling that she will be purchasing also. Either that or my Grocery store run will include a stop by the Disney Store.

And I must give credit where credit is due. "Just Nancy" {{Jazz Hands}} found the shirt at the Disney store and emailed me the link for them.

Circusgirl
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I just bought the bag! Today must be luggage day at our house.....:goodvibes

Now for the next deliemma...... shoes!:rolleyes1

Isn't that that the truth! I usually wear Mickey crocs for my Disney adventures, as they are really the best for my feet and back, but they are so dorky looking I am considering being too embarrassed to take them to France. I'm going to hit the Crocs website and look for something more refined. I'd love to be able to go on this trip with just two pairs of shoes.

The Travel Pro duffels look great, and the buy one, get one free is too good to pass up. We're going to have serious luggage matchy-matchy on this trip!

sayhello
01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
As soon as Christy sees the shirt, I have a feeling that she will be purchasing also. Either that or my Grocery store run will include a stop by the Disney Store.

And I must give credit where credit is due. "Just Nancy" {{Jazz Hands}} found the shirt at the Disney store and emailed me the link for them.I suppose I could have waited & bought it at the Disney Store, but I had a $15 credit online, so it seemed like a good idea to order it that way... :)

Which one did you end up doing?

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
I suppose I could have waited & bought it at the Disney Store, but I had a $15 credit online, so it seemed like a good idea to order it that way... :)

Which one did you end up doing?

Sayhello
She has not purchased, yet! But, I have a feeling that there will be a box arriving from Disney during the week.

belle41379
01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Okay, I believe I must have that shirt!! ;)

We are definitely in need on new luggage. We need to get on it!

BriarRosie
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I think Hell just froze over. Or the apocalypse will be happening soon.

Because just for kicks, I asked my employer if there was any way they could allow me to take this trip even though I am technically locked into working the first and last weeks of just about any month.

And today, they said YES! :faint:

So I asked Christy N. if she would be interested in splitting the expenses to avoid the single supplement, and she's interested. I'm going to email Kevin and copy Christy later when I'm at home to get some logistics. I have successfully taken an ABD trip where my roommate was in another household, so I know it is possible to charge us separately. And I was added to my friend's reservation, so Christy would be the "lead" guest anyway.

I have to say that I really could not pass up this opportunity, so look out Europe, here I come! :banana:

k5jmh
01-26-2011, 02:03 PM

Because just for kicks, I asked my employer if there was any way they could allow me to take this trip even though I am technically locked into working the first and last weeks of just about any month.

So I asked Christy N. if she would be interested in splitting the expenses to avoid the single supplement, and she's interested. I'm going to email Kevin and copy Christy later when I'm at home to get some logistics. I have successfully taken an ABD trip where my roommate was in another household, so I know it is possible to charge us separately. And I was added to my friend's reservation, so Christy would be the "lead" guest anyway.

I have to say that I really could not pass up this opportunity, so look out Europe, here I come! :banana:

WooHoo!!!:banana:

DisneyKevin
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM

There are no issues with doing this.

It's easy squeezy and we've done it several times before.

I think we have a non-cohabitating travel pair on each of our Backstage Magic trips this year.

The London - Paris trip was feeling a bit left out.:laughing:

mikelan6
01-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I think we have a non-cohabitating travel pair on each of our Backstage Magic trips this year.

I think that would be me on the February trip. :goodvibes

*NikkiBell*
01-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Shelly and I are rooming together on PCC 3.0 and ABD, Lori. It's very simple. I hope you get to go!

Chropistopy
01-26-2011, 03:02 PM

YAY!!! :yay:

sayhello
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Congrats, BriarRosie!!!! It's such a great trip, I'm glad you were able to work it out. Welcome to the madness!

So who's purchased their airfare already? The cost is slowly starting to creep up (it's about $25 more per ticket than where it's been hanging for the last couple of months.) I'm starting to get paranoid that it's only going to get worse. I'm looking at USAir, because they have the best itinerary for me, although I'm a little gun shy after the mess I had with them in Philly in December. I guess you can have crud like that with any airline. I just *can't* make myself book Delta, though. I hate, hate, HATE them! So what're you folks thinking? I'm dying with how much it's costing (more than for my Med cruise!) but at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

Sayhello

BriarRosie
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
There are no issues with doing this.

It's easy squeezy and we've done it several times before.

The London - Paris trip was feeling a bit left out.:laughing:

Heh! Glad I can make the non-cohabitating quota for this trip. :rotfl2:

Shelly and I are rooming together on PCC 3.0 and ABD, Lori. It's very simple. I hope you get to go!

Yes, I've done the ABD thing before, but it wasn't so easy squeezy at first. I guess ABD has gotten their act together since my 2008 trip. ;)

YAY!!! :yay:

Woot! :yay:

k5jmh
01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
OK, just packed for the trip back to Houston.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs754.ash1/164533_1552537609503_1117025522_31221827_3109043_n .jpg

from left to right...
2 Eagle Creek Pack it Folders, stacked
Cold Weather gear - Insulated Coveralls and NOMEX Jacket with Liner
Shoes, various electronics, tools

Front right pocket - Shaving Kit

4 Pockets unused at the moment. I am off to the Disney Merchandise Outlet north of Nashville to see if I can fill up the bag.

sayhello
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
OK, just packed for the trip back to Houston.

from left to right...
2 Eagle Creek Pack it Folders, stacked
Cold Weather gear - Insulated Coveralls and NOMEX Jacket with Liner
Shoes, various electronics, tools

Front right pocket - Shaving Kit

4 Pockets unused at the moment. I am off to the Disney Merchandise Outlet north of Nashville to see if I can fill up the bag.So this is the new TravelPro duffle? Impressive!

Sayhello

belle41379
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Michael already purchased our airfare. It is going to be a LONG flight. Wish we could have swung first class, but all the fares he was finding were several thousand dollars...each...higher to fly first class. I sure am glad we are coming in a day early. We will need it to unpack our legs!

sayhello
01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Michael already purchased our airfare. It is going to be a LONG flight. Wish we could have swung first class, but all the fares he was finding were several thousand dollars...each...higher to fly first class. I sure am glad we are coming in a day early. We will need it to unpack our legs!Congrats! So what airline did you go with?

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
So this is the new TravelPro duffle? Impressive!

Sayhello

It is the TravelPro duffel. I could easily get six of Pack it folders and have room to spare. I think we will be in great shape as long as Christy only takes 2 pairs of shoes. :dance3:

sayhello
01-27-2011, 03:50 PM
It is the TravelPro duffel. I could easily get six of Pack it folders and have room to spare. I think we will be in great shape as long as Christy only takes 2 pairs of shoes. :dance3:What are the chances of that happening? :confused3

Sayhello

belle41379
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Just got our duffles (2 blue). It's so big I climbed into it...just to see if i would fit ( I did). They are much roomier than I expected.

We are flying Air Canada.

So Mike, tell me about these folders. :)

Circusgirl
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Wahoo! Spokanemom and I roomed together on the ABD trip last April and it was fantastic. In addition to saving a huge chunk of change we had big fun.
So glad you'll be along!

k5jmh
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Found these at the Airport today.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs253.snc6/180116_1552970700330_1117025522_31222631_8250630_n .jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs054.snc6/168428_1552971380347_1117025522_31222632_5359332_n .jpg

...and i did not buy this for the "Disney Made Easy" article :rotfl2:

k5jmh
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Just got our duffles (2 blue). It's so big I climbed into it...just to see if i would fit ( I did). They are much roomier than I expected.

:banana: :banana:

They are Eagle Creek Packing folders and they come in different sizes.

http://images.containerstore.com/catalogimages/119122/EC_Folder20Black_x.jpg

They keep everything from suits to shirts neatly folded, compact and wrinkle-free. Each folder includes a special, lightweight folding board with folding and packing instructions. When Packing Garments: Remove the folding board after folding each garment and use it to fold the next item. Alternating the direction of each garment makes efficient use of your packing space. After loading your folded clothes onto the Pack-It® Folder, place the folding board on top garment and close the folder snugly with velcro fasteners. For Blazers and Jackets, opt for a front fold or a side fold. For the side fold, fold unbuttoned and vertically. The folding board is not needed for slacks, jeans or pants if you follow the folding directions on the folding board. To Retrieve or Unpack Garments: Use the folding board to lift the entire stack of garments or to reach a desired garment. This way, you're sure not to disturb the other garments organized in the Pack-It® Folder.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/clothingOrganizers?productId=10000232#

Google Shopping Search (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=eagle+creek+pack+it+Folders#q=eagle+creek+pack+i t+Folders&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=_fVBTfThCMGp8Abo_ti2AQ&sa=X&**=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CG8QrQQwAw&biw=1440&bih=764&fp=b9d89de37295e86f)

I also keep one of these in the bottom of my duffel for folding clothes.

http://www.carryontravelling.co.uk/images/Flip_FOLD_FLIP_AND_FOLD_SHIRT_FOLDING_BOARD_Folds_ a_shirt_perfectly_in_less_than_5_seconds_So_easy_c hildren_could_use_it_ndash_and_they_do_o.jpg

Chropistopy
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM

We are flying Air Canada.

The more I hear about these bags...the more I want to make a purchase.

Must resist unnecessary purchases...must resist unnecessary purchses...:rolleyes1

Circusgirl
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Found these at the Airport today.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs253.snc6/180116_1552970700330_1117025522_31222631_8250630_n .jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs054.snc6/168428_1552971380347_1117025522_31222632_5359332_n .jpg

When I was last in Paris (now 20 some years ago) one of the coolest things we did was to tour the Crypt of Notre Dame, the Roman ruins that are under the plaza in front of the cathedral. Amazing!

DisneyKevin
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Please welcome BriarRosie to our Adventure!!!!

Lori is now an official member of the "I"M GOING TO PARIS" club!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Circusgirl
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Must resist unnecessary purchases...must resist unnecessary purchses...:rolleyes1

The peer shopping pressure around here is intense! I joined the club with TravelPro duffels (mine are basic black) and a cute shirt from the Disney store. I keep reminding myself that I am going to want to SHOP while we're traveling, so I have to stop now so I can go crazy then!

k5jmh
01-27-2011, 06:59 PM

My sister from another mister is going!!

MinnieGarden
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
What are the chances of that happening? :confused3

Sayhello

The chances are about the same as winning the lottery. Possible, yes.... likely, no. :lmao:

At the moment I'm planning on 4 pairs..... I have 3 pairs of walking/sneaker type shoes. Several of my girlfriends have been raving about their Coach tennis shoes, so I caved and bought a new, unused pair on eBay for about $60 and they are FABULOUS! Very comfy, super cute, and very stylish. My office frowns upon tennis shoes/sneakers during the week, yet I wore them most all of last week. I even managed to get compliments from the fashion police! :thumbsup2

MinnieGarden
01-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Woo hoo!!!!! :dance3: Watch out Europe!

Captain Hook Jr
01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Will me and my partner be able to meet up with the group. We are living in the UK and were planning to come to Disneyland Paris? We dont need to see london or paris (seeing as I lived there for many years :) ) but would love to see y'all in the park.

BriarRosie
01-28-2011, 12:27 AM

Sure you didn't... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Well, I saved you a chunk of change, so maybe you can make one or two unnecessary purchases. :laughing:

Woohoo for dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana:
I'm part of the "We'll always have Paris!" club. I wish I was creative enough to make a button with that on it. :rolleyes:

My sister from another mister is going!!

You betcha, Brother from Another Mother! :hug:

Woo hoo!!!!! :dance3: Watch out Europe!

Here we come! :banana: I found my wine buddy. :hug:

Chropistopy
01-28-2011, 08:52 AM
:

Well, I saved you a chunk of change, so maybe you can make one or two unnecessary purchases. :laughing:

:laughing:So very true...but I need to continue to save that money. I'm sure I'll sneak in a few unnecessary purchases for the trip before September though...

skunkvette
01-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Welcome, Lori!

Speaking of unnecessary purchases, I found this on one of my favorite tee shirt sites and had to get one -

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/skunkvette/15020_m-1.jpg

k5jmh
01-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Did anyone else see these Kindle 3 Covers by Oberon?

https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/images/products/10926.jpg (http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1363)

sayhello
01-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome, Lori!

Speaking of unnecessary purchases, I found this on one of my favorite tee shirt sites and had to get one -

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/skunkvette/15020_m-1.jpgOh, I love it! Hmmmm... wonder how many London/Paris T-Shirts I really need... ;)

OK, so what T-Shirt site is that from???

Sayhello

skunkvette
01-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh, I love it! Hmmmm... wonder how many London/Paris T-Shirts I really need... ;)

OK, so what T-Shirt site is that from???

Sayhello

Check out the saying at the bottom (life is good), all one word and add the dot com. I don't know if this shirt is available in both mens and ladies....

We have been wearing their stuff for years, usually nice quality, although back in the day the shirts were a heavier cotton,

BriarRosie
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I just realized that with all the Mikes, the Christys...

There was a Laurie already booked and I'm a Lori, so we have sound alike names to add to the hilarity that will ensue.

I also answer to "hey you". :laughing:

jcb
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I also answer to "hey you". :laughing:

It's a good thing I can't go as I also answer to that name.

belle41379
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM

:woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Welcome Lori! You can now wear the very expensive pin to make people jealous. :goodvibes

Sarabi's Cubs
01-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Lori from Laurie!

Also, FYI, the Travel Channel is running old episodes of Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe next week, including episodes on both London and Paris. Actually, I think there are 2 separate London episodes. Time to set my DVR!

Laurie

MinnieGarden
01-28-2011, 05:35 PM
I just read through the Budget Travel magazine that Mike picked up yesterday. Everyone can save their money if they are looking for Paris hotel tips unless they are realllly adventurous. They profile 5 small boutique hotels at very affordable prices - I think all were under $150 per night. One bed and breakfast looked so fabulous I checked out their website and noticed they don't have private bathrooms! :scared1:

There was one interesting packing tip though..... someone wrote in and recommended picking up mailing tubes about 3-4 inches in diameter and stuffing them with plastic grocery bags to use for bringing back olive oil and balsamic vinegar. That will definately be on my packing list!

k5jmh
01-28-2011, 05:57 PM
..... someone wrote in and recommended picking up mailing tubes about 3-4 inches in diameter and stuffing them with plastic grocery bags to use for bringing back olive oil and balsamic vinegar. That will definately be on my packing list!

The Trade off - You can only pack 2 pairs of shoes. :rolleyes1

shellyminnie
01-28-2011, 07:15 PM
The Trade off - You can only pack 2 pairs of shoes. :rolleyes1

Give it up Mike! That ain't happening!! :lmao:

belle41379
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Give it up Mike! That ain't happening!! :lmao:

I agree Mike. A girl needs her shoes. :cutie:. Christy, i have a feeling we will get along perfectly! :lmao:

BriarRosie
01-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! I do know some of you from meeting in person, but I'll be happy to meet the rest of you later. :flower3:

And I think I need at least 3 pairs of shoes to be not kicked out of the hotels. I don't think I'm fancy enough for these places. :laughing: I will probably stick to basic black trousers and some nice tops for "nice" but not formal places we might end up going to. The black sling backs I wore with my cocktail dress on the cruise can go with that.

Of course I'm thinking about food. Big surprise! :rolleyes: I think I shouldn't leave London without hitting up a restaurant owned by Gordon Ramsay. He owns several, but I wouldn't know which one. Would be fun, though. I haven't given the Paris foodie thoughts much freedom yet. ;)

I love the mailing tube idea for bottles, Christy. I wonder if that would work for wine, too?

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Kevin, I count 27 of us on the first page. Is that correct count as of today?

and

Happy Dance for Kevin and John!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

DisneyKevin
01-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Kevin, I count 27 of us on the first page. Is that correct count as of today?

and

Happy Dance for Kevin and John!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

That number is correct as of right now.

That could change soon.....

John and I are new homeowners!!!!!

The closing was yesterday.:banana::banana:

jcb
01-29-2011, 10:10 AM

Congratulations!

DisneyKevin
01-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Congratulations!

Thanks Jack!

So what do we have to do to convince you to join us on this Adventure?;)

jcb
01-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks Jack!

So what do we have to do to convince you to join us on this Adventure?;)

You convinced me a long time ago but September vacations just doesn't work for Cathie's job and then there is the small matter of my daughter's wedding and honeymoon (at WDW, of course).

I will be with you in spirit and hoping Mike (H) finds a way to post photos during the trip so I can be there virtually.

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 10:24 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817135/Boards/MG_8998.jpg

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I will be with you in spirit and hoping Mike (H) finds a way to post photos during the trip so I can be there virtually.

Jack, as long as I have internet, you will have pics. I am researching getting European Sim cards for my Aircard and Blackberry so that we have internet while we are there. I know my company phone will work.

jcb
01-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Cool. Thanks Mike.

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Cool. Thanks Mike.
Let me borrow your IPad, Jack, and I will make sure you have pictures! :rolleyes1

jcb
01-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Let me borrow your IPad, Jack, and I will make sure you have pictures! :rolleyes1

You have to take that up with Cathie. By then, it willl probably be hers. I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out against the siren call of the iPad 2.
;)

MinnieGarden
01-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! I do know some of you from meeting in person, but I'll be happy to meet the rest of you later. :flower3:

And I think I need at least 3 pairs of shoes to be not kicked out of the hotels. I don't think I'm fancy enough for these places. :laughing: I will probably stick to basic black trousers and some nice tops for "nice" but not formal places we might end up going to. The black sling backs I wore with my cocktail dress on the cruise can go with that.

Of course I'm thinking about food. Big surprise! :rolleyes: I think I shouldn't leave London without hitting up a restaurant owned by Gordon Ramsay. He owns several, but I wouldn't know which one. Would be fun, though. I haven't given the Paris foodie thoughts much freedom yet. ;)

I love the mailing tube idea for bottles, Christy. I wonder if that would work for wine, too?

Lori, I'm working on other ideas for wine . ;) I'm afraid that some of the french bottles would be wider than the tube or not allow for enough cushion in the tube. So far I've found a wine sleeve type thing and I've also found a very economical case shipper. I don't remember the customs allowance for wine and liquor, however anything over the allowance is a 15% tax. Mike and I are going to go tour the Champagne region at the conclusion of DLP. So I've done a little homework..... :rolleyes1

And I totally agree about the Gordon Ramsay restaurant. It looks as though there will be several dinners on our own in London. One thing in London I've added to my must do list is visit the Vuive Cliquot Champagne Bar in Harrods......

belle41379
01-29-2011, 11:19 AM

Congratulations!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Thats a great feeling! When do you move in?

belle41379
01-29-2011, 11:21 AM
One thing in London I've added to my must do list is visit the Vuive Cliquot Champagne Bar in Harrods......

That sounds like a fun time. :thumbsup2

MinnieGarden
01-29-2011, 11:33 AM
That sounds like a fun time. :thumbsup2

Cynthia, Lori and I were wine buddies on the podcast cruise in December. We would love to have you join us! I think between shoes and wine, we'll have plenty to talk about.:goodvibes

BriarRosie
01-29-2011, 12:40 PM
And I totally agree about the Gordon Ramsay restaurant. It looks as though there will be several dinners on our own in London. One thing in London I've added to my must do list is visit the Vuive Cliquot Champagne Bar in Harrods......

Ooh, you had me at Harrod's. :banana: And very cool that you're extending your trip!

sayhello
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM

The closing was yesterday.:banana::banana:MAZEL TOV and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :woohoo: How very wonderful for you!!!!

Let me borrow your IPad, Jack, and I will make sure you have pictures! :rolleyes1I'll have my iPad there. I might be convince-able for a bit of borrowing. But it's WiFi only, so I don't know how that would affect your plans...

Cynthia, Lori and I were wine buddies on the podcast cruise in December. We would love to have you join us! I think between shoes and wine, we'll have plenty to talk about.:goodvibesWhat's a wine buddy???

Sayhello

Becx N Gav
01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Lori, I'm working on other ideas for wine . ;) I'm afraid that some of the french bottles would be wider than the tube or not allow for enough cushion in the tube. So far I've found a wine sleeve type thing and I've also found a very economical case shipper. I don't remember the customs allowance for wine and liquor, however anything over the allowance is a 15% tax. Mike and I are going to go tour the Champagne region at the conclusion of DLP. So I've done a little homework..... :rolleyes1

They also have an Ice Bar in London. Our friends went to the Savoy Grill and they loved it:lovestruc ALthough the Champagne was around £15 per glass
:scared1:

Great to hear you are coming Lori :yay: :yay: It will be great to see you again :thumbsup2

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
MAZEL TOV and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :woohoo: How very wonderful for you!!!!

I'll have my iPad there. I might be convince-able for a bit of borrowing. But it's WiFi only, so I don't know how that would affect your plans...

What's a wine buddy???

Sayhello

She meant to say "Whine" buddy. :woohoo:

tardis1029
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM

Congratulations and good luck!!!!!party:

John & Micki

sayhello
01-29-2011, 02:49 PM
She meant to say "Whine" buddy. :woohoo:Man, do you like to live dangerously! :scared1:

Sayhello

tardis1029
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM
For anybody up in the New York area. The New York Times Travel Show is February 25-27, 2011 at the Jacob K.Javits convention center in NYC. Its a great place to pick up info on vacation spots. We used it a few years ago when we were planing our trip to Ireland and we are going back again.

MinnieGarden
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
What's a wine buddy???

Sayhello

In the months leading up to the podcast cruise, Lori and I discovered we have a mutual love of good wine. Since Mike doesn't drink, I was thrilled! :banana: We were able to drink a little wine together, although not as much as we had hoped due to timing.... :sad2:

Man, do you like to live dangerously! :scared1:

Sayhello

Yes, he does live dangerously...... he'll have his turn as we get closer to trip time. I can always tell when we are about 60 days out from leaving on a trip. The mailbox key disappears and suddenly the mail table in the entryway becomes littered with small packages containing "techie toys". :rotfl2:

MinnieGarden
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
They also have an Ice Bar in London. Our friends went to the Savoy Grill and they loved it:lovestruc ALthough the Champagne was around £15 per glass

Great to hear you are coming Lori :yay: :yay: It will be great to see you again :thumbsup2

The Ice Bar looks really cool! :rotfl2: Becx, are you available to give directions??? :rolleyes1

WebmasterKathy
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
All the great food and good wine talk here is tempting me SO MUCH....

:rolleyes1

sayhello
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM

:rolleyes1Come! Come! Come! :goodvibes

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM

I've been thinking.... Tom doesn't want to spend every vacation at WDW. So this is really the best of both worlds. London, Paris, and of course DLP! :cool2: Come on, just do it! There's always the added perk of us too.... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

k5jmh
01-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Coffee in Paris, and High Tea in London.....Just sayin' :rolleyes1

apurplebrat
01-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Congratulations!!!:cool1::cool1:

apurplebrat
01-29-2011, 05:56 PM

The champagne bar sounds awesome! champagne and shopping (maybe for shoes :woohoo:)

apurplebrat
01-29-2011, 06:13 PM

The Ice Bar looks wicked cool! :cool1:

Chropistopy
01-29-2011, 11:39 PM

Congratulations!!!:goodvibes

BriarRosie
01-30-2011, 12:33 AM

I get to see you and Gav again??? :banana::banana::banana:
I had so much fun when I spent time with you guys at Animal Kingdom, that I regret not "finding" you on the cruise. I really did a lot of stuff on my own there. It will be fantastic to see you guys again. :hug:

She meant to say "Whine" buddy. :woohoo:

You watch it, mister. :stir:

In the months leading up to the podcast cruise, Lori and I discovered we have a mutual love of good wine. Since Mike doesn't drink, I was thrilled! :banana: We were able to drink a little wine together, although not as much as we had hoped due to timing.... :sad2:

I know. Christy shared wine with me, and I ended up not being able to share my wine with her. Although I did have a 'stunt Christy' to help me drink it, right, Christy N? :laughing: I was opening my bottles in the Cove Cafe upstairs area and sharing with a DISer and her family who were not part of the podcast cruise. They just happened to be on the ship, too. I wish our timing was better!

The Ice Bar looks really cool! :rotfl2: Becx, are you available to give directions??? :rolleyes1

Directions? Heck, she needs to join us. :banana:

Come over to the Dark Side, Kathy. :flower3:

k5jmh
01-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Man, do you like to live dangerously! :scared1:

Sayhello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqGANTHX3hk :rotfl2:

sayhello
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqGANTHX3hk :rotfl2:Oh, dear god! You'd better not be anything like that! :eek:

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh, dear god! You'd better not be anything like that! :eek:

Sayhello
I was just giving my DW a hard time. Christy and Lori are nothing like that. :rotfl2:

But Lori can sing a great rendition of the Safety Dance!! :rolleyes1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdhvc6bbUo

Circusgirl
01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Kevin and John - Congratulations on your new home!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

sayhello
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I was just giving my DW a hard time. Christy and Lori are nothing like that. :rotfl2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdhvc6bbUo:)

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
More trip progress..... I mailed in my passport on Friday to have my name changed! :cool1:

Next on the agenda.... book pre and post nights! :banana:

sayhello
01-30-2011, 09:19 PM
More trip progress..... I mailed in my passport on Friday to have my name changed! :cool1:

Next on the agenda.... book pre and post nights! :banana:I've got my pre nights booked already! What I need is the courage to go ahead & book my incredibly expensive airfare!!!!

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I've got my pre nights booked already! What I need is the courage to go ahead & book my incredibly expensive airfare!!!!

Sayhello

Book it! :goodvibes After I booked ours, Continental sent me an itemized receipt - something I never remember seeing in all of the flights I've booked with them. I found it to be quite shocking, over 50% of what we paid wasn't the airfare itself, rather fuel surcharges, customs fees, and a few others. :scared1:

sayhello
01-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Book it! :goodvibes After I booked ours, Continental sent me an itemized receipt - something I never remember seeing in all of the flights I've booked with them. I found it to be quite shocking, over 50% of what we paid wasn't the airfare itself, rather fuel surcharges, customs fees, and a few others. :scared1:What airline did you go with? I haven't flown anything but Southwest, Iberia, Alaska & Delta for a long time. Southwest, Alaska & Iberia don't do this route, and I now abhore Delta...

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
01-30-2011, 10:12 PM
What airline did you go with? I haven't flown anything but Southwest, Iberia, Alaska & Delta for a long time. Southwest, Alaska & Iberia don't do this route, and I now abhore Delta...

Sayhello

We went with Continental. We are in Houston, one of their hubs, so it was a natural choice for us. Good luck!

k5jmh
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
With tensions in Egypt at a fever pitch, it would be smart to book ASAP. Egypt controls the Suez Canal. The Suez is where most of the Middle Eastern oil comes through. There is a good possibility that the airfare costs will rise because of speculation on oil futures if the Egyptians continue with uprisings.

BriarRosie
01-30-2011, 10:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdhvc6bbUo

Boy, you REALLY have a death wish!

Next on the agenda.... book pre and post nights! :banana:

Woohoo! I have no pre and post nights. I'm flying in overnight from the 1st/2nd, and flying home on December 10th.

I've got my pre nights booked already! What I need is the courage to go ahead & book my incredibly expensive airfare!!!!

Sayhello

Tell me about it! I found airfare total cost about $1300 from O'Hare on United. I want to use United because I use their mileage program.

With tensions in Egypt at a fever pitch, it would be smart to book ASAP. Egypt controls the Suez Canal. The Suez is where most of the Middle Eastern oil comes through. There is a good possibility that the airfare costs will rise because of speculation on oil futures if the Egypt continues with uprisings.

Ugh, I didn't think about that.

sayhello
01-30-2011, 11:08 PM
We went with Continental. We are in Houston, one of their hubs, so it was a natural choice for us. Good luck!We're not a hub for anyone anymore. I have to take a tiny flight to some other large airport, then fly from there. Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Detroit. I'm actually leaning towards an Air Canada codeshare with United there, and United back, except the first leg is on a prop plane... But it's really the best connections. I'd go with Continental, but the only flights they have don't have nearly enough time between legs. I don't like to take chances with international flights.

With tensions in Egypt at a fever pitch, it would be smart to book ASAP. Egypt controls the Suez Canal. The Suez is where most of the Middle Eastern oil comes through. There is a good possibility that the airfare costs will rise because of speculation on oil futures if the Egypt continues with uprisings.I was actually thinking the same thing. Airfares already jumped about $50, although I'm not sure exactly when that happened. I'm thinking better sooner than later... :confused3

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Tobi, I would check flights out of Dayton and Indy also. There might be something that hubs out of Detroit. I know that is a big jumping off spot for Continental.

sayhello
01-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Tobi, I would check flights out of Dayton and Indy also. There might be something that hubs out of Detroit. I know that is a big jumping off spot for Continental.OMG, for a second there, it looked like the airfare was almost $500 cheaper from Dayton! Then I saw that it had taken LHR as the "departure" for 9/10. D'oh! :rolleyes: The LHR roundtrip has always been way cheaper.

But nope, Dayton is exactly the same price as Columbus for Continental and almost all the other airlines. So no go there. Only $50 cheaper for United, which is not worth the extra time & gas. And the drive to Indy is just way too long. I'd need to drive & stay overnight. The airfare would need to be SERIOUSLY less for me to do that.

Nope, Indy is $20 more! I think I'm doomed to pay $1455 out of Columbus! That's the cheapest right now (except for Delta, which is $14 cheaper, and SO not worth the $14!).

Arrrrgh! This is so hard. This is almost as much as last year's ticket to Spain with a side trip to Israel! :eek:

At least with the trip, it was just a "Yes" or "No" decision. One price. Not getting any cheaper. *This* is rough!

ACK!

Sayhello

Chropistopy
01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
I know. Christy shared wine with me, and I ended up not being able to share my wine with her. Although I did have a 'stunt Christy' to help me drink it, right, Christy N? :laughing: I was opening my bottles in the Cove Cafe upstairs area and sharing with a DISer and her family who were not part of the podcast cruise. They just happened to be on the ship, too. I wish our timing was better!

:

It was all about right place and right time. I happened to be in the Cove Cafe trying to get warm and in walks Lori with wine...and her wine lanyard :goodvibes I did my best to stand in as "stunt Christy". I hope I did you proud, Christy H.

Chropistopy
01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
With tensions in Egypt at a fever pitch, it would be smart to book ASAP. Egypt controls the Suez Canal. The Suez is where most of the Middle Eastern oil comes through. There is a good possibility that the airfare costs will rise because of speculation on oil futures if the Egyptians continue with uprisings.

I didn't even think of that. I'm glad my flights are booked. I was hoping the price would come down but I just said "forget it" and booked. I'm one of those people that like to have things checked off the list and that was one that I could just take care of and not worry about any longer.

sayhello
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Woohoo! I have no pre and post nights. I'm flying in overnight from the 1st/2nd, and flying home on December 10th. Wow! You're staying in Paris for an extra 3 months?!? Cool! ;)

Sayhello

sayhello
01-31-2011, 01:59 PM
I didn't even think of that. I'm glad my flights are booked. I was hoping the price would come down but I just said "forget it" and booked. I'm one of those people that like to have things checked off the list and that was one that I could just take care of and not worry about any longer.I've been obsessing over the flight, and I really just needed to buy the ticket so I can stop worrying about it.

DONE! 5 pre-nights in Winchester & London, flying home on 9/10.

What time are most people leaving who are flying out on 9/10?

Sayhello

k5jmh
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Wow! You're staying in Paris for an extra 3 months?!? Cool! ;)

Sayhello

:rotfl2:

skunkvette
01-31-2011, 03:09 PM
i've been obsessing over the flight, and i really just needed to buy the ticket so i can stop worrying about it.

Done! 5 pre-nights in winchester & london, flying home on 9/10.

Sayhello

11am

Chropistopy
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Sayhello

Good catch! That made me smile. :rotfl2:

Chropistopy
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I've been obsessing over the flight, and I really just needed to buy the ticket so I can stop worrying about it.

DONE! 5 pre-nights in Winchester & London, flying home on 9/10.

Sayhello

I'm flying out that afternoon. I want to say my flight is at 4:15. I'm going to try to get some more time in the park that day.

sayhello
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
11am

I'm flying out that afternoon. I want to say my flight is at 4:15. I'm going to try to get some more time in the park that day.I was hoping to be able to do that, but it just didn't work out. There was only one flight out that late, and the second leg didn't fly until like 16 hours later, or something.

I'm flying out at 12:25pm. Enough time for a nice breakfast with all of those not off in the Park, and then head to the airport...

Sayhello

sayhello
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Good catch! That made me smile. :rotfl2::goodvibes Glad I could make you smile!

Sayhello

apurplebrat
01-31-2011, 07:13 PM

Sayhello

We fly out at 1:35 pm on 9/10

BriarRosie
01-31-2011, 11:54 PM

Sayhello

Good catch! That made me smile. :rotfl2:

ROFL! I had December 10th on the brain because that was when I flew to WDW for the last trip! That was funny!

I got my deposit packet in the mail today. I thought it was a nice touch that my Welcome letter was "Welcome back". I'll just need to send them back my acceptance and I'm set.

Looks like we're doing a little bike riding at Versailles, according to the overview. And we know how graceful I am on a bicycle. :rotfl2:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Looks like we're doing a little bike riding at Versailles, according to the overview. And we know how graceful I am on a bicycle. :rotfl2:

I have video!!! :rotfl2:

Sarabi's Cubs
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Good point about Egypt. I didn't think about that either.

Sayhello - did you look at United? Not any cheaper than the others I was looking at, but the connections seem reasonable. I'm still getting numbers around $1300. I was hoping to wait, but now maybe I'll just check it off the list.

Laurie

Sarabi's Cubs
02-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Oops! Must have skipped the last page when I was reading! Tobi, is the flight you booked United? Just asking because one I've been watching is also departing Paris at 12:25. Did you end up booking on your own or through ABD?

Laurie

Sarabi's Cubs
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Me again! I finally bit the bullet and booked our airfare. We're getting in around 7am on the 1st and leaving just after noon on the 10th. Wish I could stay a few extra days, but after 10 days with the kids, I think my parents will be ready for us to come home!

I've been looking up some info about theater in London. I'd love to catch another show in addition to the Lion King. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are stuck at home on an "ice day". Maybe I will even finally figure out how to make a ticker and edit my signature!

Laurie

sayhello
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I have video!!! :rotfl2:OK, tease! You need to post this! Come on!!!!

Oops! Must have skipped the last page when I was reading! Tobi, is the flight you booked United? Just asking because one I've been watching is also departing Paris at 12:25. Did you end up booking on your own or through ABD?

LaurieHey, Laurie. Yes, I did book United. And my flight home is at 12:25. I'll PM you my info, we may be flying home on the same flight! :) :yay: It would be nice to be traveling with someone I know.

Sayhello

BriarRosie
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I have video!!! :rotfl2:

OK, tease! You need to post this! Come on!!!!

Oy, don't encourage him! :eek:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
OK, tease! You need to post this! Come on!!!!

Sayhello

I still need to upload it, but it is part of my forehead cam video while we were on Castaway Cay

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs076.snc6/168664_1541302128623_1117025522_31201980_6652970_n .jpg

Oy, don't encourage him! :eek:

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/d/devil-8533.gif

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs040.snc6/167070_1541302568634_1117025522_31201982_3854603_n .jpg

Chropistopy
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Me again! I finally bit the bullet and booked our airfare. We're getting in around 7am on the 1st and leaving just after noon on the 10th. Wish I could stay a few extra days, but after 10 days with the kids, I think my parents will be ready for us to come home!

I've been looking up some info about theater in London. I'd love to catch another show in addition to the Lion King. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are stuck at home on an "ice day". Maybe I will even finally figure out how to make a ticker and edit my signature!

Laurie

I also want to catch another show when we're in London. I'm trying to decide if it is something that I want to preplan and already have tickets for...or just want to wing it. I've did a little research but have not gotten serious about it yet.

Chropistopy
02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I still need to upload it, but it is part of my forehead cam video while we were on Castaway Cay

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs076.snc6/168664_1541302128623_1117025522_31201980_6652970_n .jpg

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/d/devil-8533.gif

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs040.snc6/167070_1541302568634_1117025522_31201982_3854603_n .jpg

Hey...wait a minute...I'm part of that too. When did I get brought into it? :rotfl: I'm was going to go with the story that I can ride a bike very gracefully...:lmao:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I also want to catch another show when we're in London. I'm trying to decide if it is something that I want to preplan and already have tickets for...or just want to wing it. I've did a little research but have not gotten serious about it yet.

The Phantom Of The Opera
Showing at Her Majesty's Theatre
Opening Night: 09 Oct 1986
Booking Until: 29 Oct 2011
Lloyd Webber's romantic musical is based on Gaston Leroux's gothic novel of life beneath the stage of the Paris Opera House.

Wicked
Showing at Apollo Victoria Theatre
Opening Night: 27 Sep 2006
The magical hit musical about two unlikely friends and how they become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.

Les Misérables
Showing at Queen's Theatre
Opening Night: 12 Apr 2004
Musical adaptation of Victor Hugo's great humanitarian novel of one man's determined survival in the face of another's vengeful persecution.
Read more

sayhello
02-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey, there's a good chance I may be walking in Versailles. Depends on how the back is doing (I normally bike with a recumbent bicycle. Regular bikes generally kill my back). So anyone else who doesn't want to bike, we can Unite!

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
A very important message for everyone on this adventure........

My husband LOVES his video cameras! It's why most people think I'm shy and quiet...... :rolleyes1 I've finally learned how to avoid the camera! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM

My husband LOVES his video cameras! It's why most people think I'm shy and quiet...... :rolleyes1 I've finally learned how to avoid the camera! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rolleyes:

It's because every time the camera points at her, she does this...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs176.snc1/6612_1110896448750_1117025522_30291123_4078904_n.j pg

DisneyKevin
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey, there's a good chance I may be walking in Versailles. Depends on how the back is doing (I normally bike with a recumbent bicycle. Regular bikes generally kill my back). So anyone else who doesn't want to bike, we can Unite!

Sayhello

:lmao:

Kevin will NOT be riding a bike.

I'm going to go with the "bad knee" excuse.

If the man with the forehead camera video taped me riding a bike, I'd have to murder him and then I'd end up in the Bastille and I'm pretty sure singing the soundtrack to Les Mis will make me unpopular (cause that's what we do in the Bastille).

Noooo bike riding.

Nope.

Not gonna happen.

No way.

Out of the question.

Forget it.

sayhello
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Kevin will NOT be riding a bike.

I'm going to go with the "bad knee" excuse.

If the man with the forehead camera video taped me riding a bike, I'd have to murder him and then I'd end up in the Bastille and I'm pretty sure singing the soundtrack to Les Mis will make me unpopular (cause that's what we do in the Bastille).

Noooo bike riding.

Nope.

Not gonna happen.

No way.

Out of the question.

Forget it.Are you sure, Kevin?

Sayhello

Sarabi's Cubs
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
The Phantom Of The Opera
Lloyd Webber's romantic musical is based on Gaston Leroux's gothic novel of life beneath the stage of the Paris Opera House.

Wicked
The magical hit musical about two unlikely friends and how they become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.

Les Misérables
Musical adaptation of Victor Hugo's great humanitarian novel of one man's determined survival in the face of another's vengeful persecution.
Read more

Just reading all of the shows that are available on the Leicester Square ticket booth is making me drool. I am also tempted to see an actual Shakespearean play at the Globe. It sounds like alot of fun. They are doing Much Ado About Nothing while we're there.

I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time narrowing things down!

Laurie

Becx N Gav
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM

:cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2

Great news! When do you guys move in?

I can certainly help get you there, afterwards though you're on your own :drinking1

Do it! ::yes::

The Ice Bar looks wicked cool! :cool1:

Literally ;)

I get to see you and Gav again??? :banana::banana::banana:
I had so much fun when I spent time with you guys at Animal Kingdom, that I regret not "finding" you on the cruise. I really did a lot of stuff on my own there. It will be fantastic to see you guys again. :hug:

We'll definately be in London :woohoo: I'm seeing if we can afford a couple of nights at DLRP too :goodvibes It will be great to see you again (and everyone else :grouphug:). We had a fab time with you :thumbsup2

OMG, for a second there, it looked like the airfare was almost $500 cheaper from Dayton! Then I saw that it had taken LHR as the "departure" for 9/10. D'oh! :rolleyes: The LHR roundtrip has always been way cheaper.

But nope, Dayton is exactly the same price as Columbus for Continental and almost all the other airlines. So no go there. Only $50 cheaper for United, which is not worth the extra time & gas. And the drive to Indy is just way too long. I'd need to drive & stay overnight. The airfare would need to be SERIOUSLY less for me to do that.

Nope, Indy is $20 more! I think I'm doomed to pay $1455 out of Columbus! That's the cheapest right now (except for Delta, which is $14 cheaper, and SO not worth the $14!).

Arrrrgh! This is so hard. This is almost as much as last year's ticket to Spain with a side trip to Israel! :eek:

At least with the trip, it was just a "Yes" or "No" decision. One price. Not getting any cheaper. *This* is rough!

ACK!

Sayhello

Good luck with the flights, they seem to be very expensive this year. We were looking at flights to WDW in Dec and it's at least £500 each, a few years ago you could get 2 flights for around that :sad2:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM

:littleangel:

Chropistopy
02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
The Phantom Of The Opera

Wicked

Les Misérables
Read more

Wicked is always a good choice....and I have not seen Les Miserables in years...

sayhello
02-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Wicked is always a good choice....and I have not seen Les Miserables in years...I agree! I could easily be talked into seeing Wicked again! :yay:

Sayhello

BriarRosie
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey...wait a minute...I'm part of that too. When did I get brought into it? :rotfl: I'm was going to go with the story that I can ride a bike very gracefully...:lmao:

I blame the man with the forehead camera! I know I have pics of him riding his bicycle. I should post those. :stir:

Wicked

Ding! I think we have a winner. I'm not that excited about seeing The Lion King again, and I'd really love to see this show!

I think I need to learn that lesson. He managed to capture embarrassing moments. :rotfl2:

Wicked is always a good choice....and I have not seen Les Miserables in years...

I agree! I could easily be talked into seeing Wicked again! :yay:

Sayhello

Yay! Others are interested in Wicked, too! :banana:

apurplebrat
02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
It would be great to see Wicked

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I blame the man with the forehead camera! I know I have pics of him riding his bicycle. I should post those. :stir:

I think I need to learn that lesson. He managed to capture embarrassing moments. :rotfl2:

But I got some fantastic pictures of you Lori!!!!

*NikkiBell*
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Watch out for his fluffy cam, Lori!!!!

Just a note that Whoopi's Sister Act show might still be playing in London while you guys are there. I heard it fantastic!

sayhello
02-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Ding! I think we have a winner. I'm not that excited about seeing The Lion King again, and I'd really love to see this show!

Yay! Others are interested in Wicked, too! :banana:I'd love to see Wicked again, but not *instead* of the Lion King! :eek: I'm really looking forward to seeing that again, especially with the VIP seating & backstage stuff. I'd be definitely up to seeing Wicked in *addition* to LK!

Sayhello

shellyminnie
02-01-2011, 08:53 PM

A common conversation with Mike and Christy as they walk through Epcot:

Mike: Can we go in the Camera Center?
Christy: Honey, you brought the Camera Center!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Cracks me up everytime I think about it!!

Just spit Diet Coke out . . . . :lmao:

Chropistopy
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Wicked! Wicked! Wicked! (you have to imagine me chanting that while banging my fists on the table). With so many of us wanting to see the show, we need to get organized. I'll do some research and maybe we can make this happen on our free night in London.

shellyminnie
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Oh yes, the fluffy cam!! I almost fell out of the boat in Pirates of the Caribbean when he pulled that thing out! :lmao:

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh yes, the fluffy cam!! I almost fell out of the boat in Pirates of the Caribbean when he pulled that thing out! :lmao:

Oh, Tag Fairy!!!

Chropistopy
02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Sadness! It seems that most West End theaters are dark on Sunday nights which I believe is our free night. Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustes (sp?) is playing at The Globe that night...could be an option. Depending on when our welcome dinner is scheduled for on Friday night, we might be able to squeeze in a show (most start at 7:30). The hotel is supposedly close to the theater district. That may be asking too much though since quite a few people will be arriving that day (me included). It looks like I might have to give up the dream of seeing another show...but Wicked is good enough that I might force myself to stay awake on Friday. HMMMM....:rolleyes1

shellyminnie
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh, Tag Fairy!!!

At least I'll have a tag! :sad2:

MinnieGarden
02-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Are you two referring to his feather duster? I just about died when that thing came in the mail! :eek:

shellyminnie
02-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Are you two referring to his feather duster? I just about died when that thing came in the mail! :eek:

Yes!! When he pulled it out, it reminded me of the pens with the fuzzy heads that we had when we were younger!!

http://www.gpencil.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/2517_full.jpg

sayhello
02-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Are you two referring to his feather duster? I just about died when that thing came in the mail! :eek:OK. This *definitely* requires an explanation!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
OK. This *definitely* requires an explanation!

Sayhello

Tobi,

They are talking about this...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817135/%21B87D6W%21EWk%7E%24%28KGrHqIOKpIEy%2BjC%29oKTBM4 W1iOZ1Q%7E%7E_3.jpg

MinnieVanMom
02-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I am so happy for all of you to be going to Europe. Last year was our first time in Paris and Germany and we loved it.

We are going back but going to see Jimmy in Paris again. We did stay at DLH Paris but felt the staff lacked the magic that we were use to having at WDW.

MinnieGarden
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Tobi,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817135/%21B87D6W%21EWk%7E%24%28KGrHqIOKpIEy%2BjC%29oKTBM4 W1iOZ1Q%7E%7E_3.jpg

Do you see what I mean about feather duster?????

Friends and family, myself included, often refer to Mike as "gadget guy". If there is a gadget related to computers, cameras, or telephones, Mike has 7 of them. He is a communications engineer, therefore many of his work "test subjects" are in our home. I can't tell you how long it has been since I've used a camera on vacation or the last time I checked our household voice mail. I have my own personal household tech support, and inevidably he knows how to make the internet crap out when he is traveling for work. :confused3

All that being said, I can assure you that he will take spectacular pictures while on our adventure - and I'm sure lots of video too.

Did I mention he got some bizarre video camera thingy for his head to wear while parasailing on the podcast cruise???? :scared1:

And I'm sure he will share his photography with the group.:thumbsup2

sayhello
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Tobi,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817135/%21B87D6W%21EWk%7E%24%28KGrHqIOKpIEy%2BjC%29oKTBM4 W1iOZ1Q%7E%7E_3.jpgWhy does it have a toupee'? :confused3

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Why does it have a toupee'? :confused3

Sayhello

Because I purchased the "Don King" Model

http://cyberboxingzone.com/images/king_don.jpg

sayhello
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM

:rotfl2::lmao:

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
The "fury" wind screen blocks out the wind. It has very sensitive and high quality microphones and needs the protection from the wind.

Listen to it in action in all its fuzzy glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocUscOlDLw

sayhello
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
The "fury" wind screen blocks out the wind. It has very sensitive and high quality microphones and needs the protection from the wind.

Listen to it in action in all its fuzzy glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocUscOlDLwBeautiful! Wonderful sound. But it looks like the fuzzy might get in the way of the lens?

Sayhello

BriarRosie
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
But I got some fantastic pictures of you Lori!!!!

Yeah, yeah. Flattery and all.

The fluffy cam got me into trouble!

I'd love to see Wicked again, but not *instead* of the Lion King! :eek: I'm really looking forward to seeing that again, especially with the VIP seating & backstage stuff. I'd be definitely up to seeing Wicked in *addition* to LK!

Sayhello

I didn't know we had backstage stuff. That sounds pretty cool.

Sadness! It seems that most West End theaters are dark on Sunday nights which I believe is our free night. Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustes (sp?) is playing at The Globe that night...could be an option. Depending on when our welcome dinner is scheduled for on Friday night, we might be able to squeeze in a show (most start at 7:30). The hotel is supposedly close to the theater district. That may be asking too much though since quite a few people will be arriving that day (me included). It looks like I might have to give up the dream of seeing another show...but Wicked is good enough that I might force myself to stay awake on Friday. HMMMM....:rolleyes1

Bummer about the show being dark! I'm not sure I'd be awake enough for Wicked on arrival day! :eek:

Why does it have a toupee'? :confused3

Sayhello

:rotfl2: I have a different theory about the camera toupee. It wants to blend in with the scenery:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BriarRosie/buckingham-palace-guard.jpg

I think it can go virtually undetected among the Buckingham Palace guards. :laughing:

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Beautiful! Wonderful sound. But it looks like the fuzzy might get in the way of the lens?

Sayhello

I put hair gel in it to make sure it has stiff peaks. :rotfl2:

Actually, the only time the wind screen has been in the picture was when we had gale force winds. Other than that, no obstruction of the shot.

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
:rotfl2: I have a different theory about the camera toupee. It wants to blend in with the scenery:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BriarRosie/buckingham-palace-guard.jpg

I think it can go virtually undetected among the Buckingham Palace guards. :laughing:

:rotfl2: :worship:

belle41379
02-02-2011, 09:56 AM

All three shows are excellent choices. :thumbsup2

Don't tell my husband Wicked is showing...he would be likely to miss the entire adventure just going ton that show! He LOVES it (well, we both do).

Sarabi's Cubs
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tobi,

I just about spit a mouthful of water all over my keyboard when I saw this! But I am glad there's a great photographer in the group!

I didn't think about the theaters being dark on Sundays. We might have to go see Wicked on Thursday night when we get in. I would love to see it!

Laurie

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I just about spit a mouthful of water all over my keyboard when I saw this! But I am glad there's a great photographer in the group!

Don't forget that the other "Gadget Guru," Pete, will be there also and I am sure he will be documenting our adventure as well.

sayhello
02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I just about spit a mouthful of water all over my keyboard when I saw this! But I am glad there's a great photographer in the group!OK, I'm going to have to toot my own horn here, I can see! :cool1: If you check out the Trip Reports in my Signature, you'll notice we'll have multiple great photographers in the group! :goodvibes I take a lot of pride in my vacation photographs.

I don't have the fancy video camera, however! I'll leave that to the fuzzy guy! ;)

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 10:42 AM
OK, I'm going to have to toot my own horn here, I can see! :cool1: If you check out the Trip Reports in my Signature, you'll notice we'll have multiple great photographers in the group! :goodvibes I take a lot of pride in my vacation photographs.

I don't have the fancy video camera, however! I'll leave that to the fuzzy guy! ;)

Sayhello
I have a feeling that we will have thousands if not tens of thousands of good pics from this trip!!!

Great pics, Tobi!!!

*NikkiBell*
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Oh, Tag Fairy!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I prefer to call it the "Afro Cam."

sayhello
02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I prefer to call it the "Afro Cam.":lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have a feeling that we will have thousands if not tens of thousands of good pics from this trip!!!

Great pics, Tobi!!!Thanks, Mike! :goodvibes It's quite the chore weeding through the thousands of pictures I take, picking out the best/most representative, because pretty much no-one wants to see ALL of the pictures I take on a vacation! :confused3

But I still think it's all worth it when I get pics like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD%20Alaska/ABDAlaska1514.jpg

or this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Hewene/ABD%20Alaska/ABDAlaska1327.jpg

Do you have somewhere I can see your photos?

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Fantastic Pics!!

Click my signature and it will take you to my FB page. Friend me and you can see lots of pics.

k5jmh
02-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I just about spit a mouthful of water all over my keyboard when I saw this!

Laurie

I think Pete has one, too.

Sarabi's Cubs
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Great pics!!!!! I signed up to take a photography class next month so I can improve my skills. I never seem to be able to get good nighttime photos and who wants to see a blurry Eiffel Tower?

I was browsing at lunch on London theater sites, and Wicked may be dark on Sundays, but there's a 3pm matinee of Andrew Lloyd Webber's new Wizard of Oz, which starts playing at the London Palladium next week. Apparently, they had an American Idol-type tv show to find Dorothy (and Toto!) and Michael Crawford is playing the Wizard. I may have to sell one of my children to afford the tickets, but it would be great to see something like that since it usually takes several years for a new show to make it to Columbus on tour. Not sure if 3pm is too early though. I don't want to miss anything at the Tower of London.

Laurie

sayhello
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Fantastic Pics!!

Click my signature and it will take you to my FB page. Friend me and you can see lots of pics.Thanks, Mike! :love: *trots off to peruse the albums...*

Great pics!!!!! I signed up to take a photography class next month so I can improve my skills. I never seem to be able to get good nighttime photos and who wants to see a blurry Eiffel Tower?Thanks, Laurie. :lovestruc My best suggestion for taking nighttime photos (unless you have a really fancy camera)? Use the timer on your camera to actually take the picture. Turn on the timer, frame your picture, press the shutter release. Then brace yourself. Five or ten seconds later, the picture is automatically taken without you moving a muscle. And you don't get shake from depressing the shutter release with your finger. It works amazingly well in my experience! And if you're not taking the picture of something in the foreground, turn off the flash. It doesn't go that far, and your shutter will stay open longer without the flash. There. My two-minute photographic lesson. :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Chropistopy
02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Happy Friday!! We are under the 7 month mark. Yay!!!:yay:

BriarRosie
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM

I keep wanting to hit the "like" button. :rotfl2:
In a few minutes, I'll be faxing my travel legalese docs. :banana:

sayhello
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I keep wanting to hit the "like" button. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 (The DIS equivalent!)

In a few minutes, I'll be faxing my travel legalese docs. :banana: :yay:

Sayhello

sayhello
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Happy Friday!! We are under the 7 month mark. Yay!!!:yay::cool1::cool1::cool1: :banana::banana::banana: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: :yay::yay::yay: :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
...and there was much rejoicing!!!

MinnieGarden
02-04-2011, 03:08 PM

:banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

MinnieGarden
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Because I've got an "ice day" today, I've spent some time doing some vacation research.......

I've discovered this little gem for bringing home wine http://www.thewinecheck.com/

It folds up and fits in a suitcase. Just add a case shipper at the destination - I'm picturing some cute wine shop in Paris - and add wine! You check it like a suitcase, so baggage fees will apply I'm sure. If wine isn't your thing, it would also be great for olive oil or other bottled gourmet goodies!

For single bottles, I've found two options.....
http://www.bottlewise.net/index.php?p=product&id=66&parent=1 and http://www.winemummy.com/

The single bottle options are a little less cost effective that the case option, however everything is able to be reused.

k5jmh
02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Kevin, can you add this to the 1st post so we can reference it?

TY!!

Hi everyone,

I know that many of you have been patiently waiting for details on our London/Paris/Disneyland Paris trip and we were going to wait for the show this week to announce the details, but I really wanted to get this out there now so you all know where we are at with this.

We do have firm pricing on this trip, and we do have a firm itinerary. What we are waiting on right now are exact dates. We know the trip will be sometime between mid-Sept and mid-October of 2011. I hope to have exact dates and a signed contract by the end of the week. We are also waiting on the cost of a single supplement for this trip and again, I hope to have that in the next few days.

I also want to make it clear that the DLP add-on is not required to take this trip with us. You can do just the London/Paris portion if you choose, but if you can, you’re going to want to do the DLP add-on, because it rocks!!

One more thing before I get into the details – this trip has been created exclusively for us – this is not currently part of ABD’s offerings. ABD does offer a Disneyland Paris add-on for those doing the London/Paris trip for about $1400, but that only includes the hotel, passes to the park and VIP fast passes. We get all of that plus several ‘extras’, including having our two ABD guides with us for this portion of the trip (the existing DLP add on is ‘on your own’).

And now for the details we have thus far:

If you’re just interested in traveling with us for the London/Paris trip WITHOUT the DLP add on the cost is $4169 per adult and $3774 per child. This is for 7 days / 6 nights.

Highlights of the London/Paris Trip include:

- A double decker bus tour around London
- A visit to Westminster Abbey
- A visit to Buckingham Palace to view the changing of the guard
- See the London production of “The Lion King”
- Tour the tower of London
- First class accommodations on the Eurostar train to Paris
- A visit to the Notre Dame Cathedral
- A day at the Sun King Chateau including a private tour of the Palace of Versailles
- Guided tour of the Louvre
- Lunch at the Eiffel Tower
This portion of the trip includes 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners.

If you are interested in the entire trip, which includes the Disneyland Paris add-on the cost is $6069 per adult and $5674 per child. This would be 9 days / 8 nights

Highlights of the DLP
- Transfer to the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris
- Lunch with a Disney Imagineer
- View the Stunt Show at DLP and a Q&A session with the stage manager
- VIP fast passes for everyone
- Photo and Breakfast with the Characters
- VIP Tour of DLP
- Lunch at Walt’s
- An exclusive cocktail reception at Sleeping Beauty castle
- Dinner at Cinderella Restaurant with the characters

This portion of the trip includes 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.

We are keeping open the option of doing two of these trips back to back if the first one fills up. Those that have traveled with us on previous ABD trips will be first in line to sign up for this. Then we’ll release this to those who are currently on the wait list that we have. After that, if there are still spaces available, we will open it up to everyone.

I wanted to make sure I got this info out there as soon as we had something concrete to work with. I just received this info yesterday morning, and had a conference call with Disney to discuss some of the particulars earlier today.

So that's what we have so far. We'll talk more about it on this weeks show, and I'll be sure to post any updates as they come in.

I can't tell you how excited I am about this!!

Pete

DisneyKevin
02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
:thumbsup2

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Christy has been going crazy this past weekend planning our Homage de Fromage.

We received our second Ebags Carry-on and my DW has received no less than 20 pairs of shoes in the past few days via USPS. Help!?!

Chropistopy
02-07-2011, 01:27 PM

We received our second Ebags Carry-on and my DW has received no less than 20 pairs of shoes in the past few days via USPS. Help!?!

Well then...maybe Christy can help me. I'm trying to find some stylish but comfortable walking shoes. Anyone have suggestions?

jcb
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Dude!

Never talk about shoes in quantity. It gives them a basis for bringing up techie toys.

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Dude!

Never talk about shoes in quantity. It gives them a basis for bringing up techie toys.

Kevin, Jack sure seems to be lurking on this thread. I wonder if Jack needs to join us?
popcorn::

jcb
02-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Kevin, Jack sure seems to be lurking on this thread. I wonder if Jack needs to join us?

I'm not doing a very good job of lurking. I like to think I am here in a purely advisory capacity.

I'm also storing up suggestions for 2012.

DisneyKevin
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Jack definitely needs to join us.

We understand his reasons for not going.

But we still think he belongs on this trip.

Someone has to be in charge of the international bail money.

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Jack definitely needs to join us.

We understand his reasons for not going.

But we still think he belongs on this trip.

Someone has to be in charge of the international bail money.

Maybe he will work Pro bono publico. :rotfl2:

sayhello
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM

We received our second Ebags Carry-on and my DW has received no less than 20 pairs of shoes in the past few days via USPS. Help!?!So Christy liked the Ebags Carry-on? Cool. I *love* mine! :woohoo: I hope you didn't get them in Red though! That could get confusing!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
So Christy liked the Ebags Carry-on? Cool. I *love* mine! :woohoo: I hope you didn't get them in Red though! That could get confusing!

Sayhello

Tobi, we have 1 red one (Christy's) and 1 blue one (matches my Eagle Creek stuff). But the Travel Pro Duffels are both red. We are using the Ebags Carry-ons in a couple of weeks for a quick weekend get away.
:thumbsup2

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm not doing a very good job of lurking. I like to think I am here in a purely advisory capacity.

I'm also storing up suggestions for 2012.

Jack, I've got something tough to tell you. Uh, I'm fabulous, okay? I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half, and I've got a killer rack. Do you get what I'm saying? :rotfl2:

jcb
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Jack, I've got something tough to tell you. Uh, I'm fabulous, okay? I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half, and I've got a killer rack. Do you get what I'm saying? :rotfl2:

But if you can't start a car using the force, I'm not interested. Sorry. ;)

DisneyKevin
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Paging Karen Walker...

Karen Walker to the white courtesy telephone.

sayhello
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Tobi, we have 1 red one (Christy's) and 1 blue one (matches my Eagle Creek stuff). But the Travel Pro Duffels are both red. We are using the Ebags Carry-ons in a couple of weeks for a quick weekend get away.
:thumbsup2:) Guess I'll have to get some unique-looking luggage tags!

Let me know what you think of the bags once you've used them!

Sayhello

sayhello
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Jack, I've got something tough to tell you. Uh, I'm fabulous, okay? I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half, and I've got a killer rack. Do you get what I'm saying? :rotfl2:Paging Karen Walker...

Karen Walker to the white courtesy telephone.I'm embarrassed by how long it took me to figure this one out... :blush:

Sayhello

Sarabi's Cubs
02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Count Brian and I in the red travelpro duffel club! They arrived today! I'm not sure if we'll use them for this trip though. I really got them for the kids to use for summer camp.

For you European travel and ABD veterans - any suggestions on what type of clothes people wear or anything I would need to bring on an overseas trip that I might not think of? We're used to tshirts and shorts travel with the occasional sundress/polo with khakis but I'm thinking we'll need to be more dressy but still comfortable. I'd appreciate hearing from the voices of experience!

Laurie

sayhello
02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Count Brian and I in the red travelpro duffel club! They arrived today! I'm not sure if we'll use them for this trip though. I really got them for the kids to use for summer camp.

For you European travel and ABD veterans - any suggestions on what type of clothes people wear or anything I would need to bring on an overseas trip that I might not think of? We're used to tshirts and shorts travel with the occasional sundress/polo with khakis but I'm thinking we'll need to be more dressy but still comfortable. I'd appreciate hearing from the voices of experience!

LaurieI need to find out how fancy the dinners may be. When I went to the Med, everyone told me not to wear tennis shoes, because it's a dead giveaway that you're a tourist. a) When it comes to a ton of walking, and my comfort, I don't really care, so I wore my tennies! b) It's not like my tennis shoes were the only giveaway! I think the big "Adventures by Disney" paddle we were following, and the camera around my neck might have been a clue... :confused3

Sayhello

MinnieGarden
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Before we went on the podcast cruise in December, I discovered Chico's and their Traveller's line. :love: Everything travelled beautifully, no wrinkles, and it was great for layering. If you aren't a regular shopper at Chico's, :rolleyes1 be sure to sign up for their rewards program. It's great! Discounts for joining their e-mail list, and their sales are awesome!:thumbsup2

As for shoes..... I've recently purchased two pairs of Coach tennis shoes, one black and one brown. Very comfy, light weight, not bulky, and budget friendly when on sale.

k5jmh
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
As for shoes..... I've recently purchased two pairs of Coach tennis shoes, one black and one brown. Very comfy, light weight, not bulky, and budget friendly when on sale.

What about the other 18 pairs?

BriarRosie
02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't have any new travel luggage, but now I'm starting to get luggage envy. ;)

And besides Christy's worship of cheese :worship: ,which I would definitely do, I'm liking all the ideas for travel clothing and shoes. I have a pair of shoes from Land's End that are not quite sneakers, but still relatively comfortable.

k5jmh
02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Disneyland Paris Revenue Up 8.5%

Disneyland Paris Revenue Up 8.5%
Posted on February 8, 2011 by John Frost www.disneyblog.com

Disneyland Paris released its revenue numbers for the first fiscal quarter of 2011 and the news is good. Over all revenue increased by 8.5%. Most of that increase came in the lodging side. A 14% increase in hotel revenue was the result of more bookings and higher rates. 3% increase in the parks was driven by more food and beverage spending.

“Following the improvement we saw at the end of last year, we are encouraged that our First Quarter guest visitation and spending continued to improve over the prior year,” said Philippe Gas, Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney. “Total first quarter revenues were up 8% versus last year, which is particularly significant given the extensive travel disruptions experienced throughout Europe during the holiday season.”

“We look forward to launching the Disney Magical Moments Festival this spring, where we will celebrate the role of Disney magic in creating lasting memories for families and friends at the Resort,” Gas continued.

Unfortunately this report only talks about increased revenue, not whether spending went up or down. So we don’t yet know if Euro-Disney SCA is any closer to clearing its debts. But this certainly seems like a step in the right direction. The other question I have is are they able to do this without ruining the charm of the park and impacting future business.

sayhello
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Disneyland Paris Revenue Up 8.5%Hmmmmm... I wonder how much *our* visit is going to increase DLP's revenues? Especially those from "spending"??? ;)

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Ok, another huge shoe box showed up. BUT, apparently, Christy ordered shoes for me. She got me a pair of very comfy leather slip-on Crocs and a pair of dressy leather crocs. The slip-ons are amazing and feel fantastic. I am going to have to wait on the dressy leather crocs. They are a little small. But the Paris purchases are in full swing.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aadb_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-crocs_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_Images/default/v1297228580290/product-images/large/10544_pair_02O.jpg

k5jmh
02-10-2011, 12:27 PM
http://placestovisitinparis.com/images/disneyland_paris.jpg

sayhello
02-10-2011, 02:36 PM
http://placestovisitinparis.com/images/disneyland_paris.jpgDisneyland Hotel at DLP?

Sayhello

Becx N Gav
02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Disneyland Hotel at DLP?

Sayhello

::yes::

They have an offer at the moment - stay 3 or 4 nights and get one more free, although it doesn't seem to include the dates you guys will be there :confused3

sayhello
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
::yes::

They have an offer at the moment - stay 3 or 4 nights and get one more free, although it doesn't seem to include the dates you guys will be there :confused3Of course it doesn't! It never does! :confused3

But the stay at the Disneyland Hotel DLP is included in our special ABD DLP add-on, so I guess unless people wanted to add on to the add-on, it wouldn't really do us any good anyways. But thanks!

(i'm going to paris... :lovestruc)

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Looks like they are rehabbing Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant at DLRP. The rehab is supposed to run from March until September.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4188_1-600x450.jpg

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4188_4.jpg

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4188_3-295x393.jpg

sayhello
02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Looks like they are rehabbing Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant at DLRP. The rehab is supposed to run from March until September.Ah, man! I hope it's done by the time we get there! I'm not going to get too many chances to get a picture of that castle!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Ah, man! I hope it's done by the time we get there! I'm not going to get too many chances to get a picture of that castle!

Sayhello

On the bright side, they are putting in an Earl of Sandwich.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4158_1-600x399.jpg

DisneyKevin
02-13-2011, 09:53 AM
On the bright side, they are putting in an Earl of Sandwich.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4158_1-600x399.jpg

They better be on croissants.:thumbsup2

k5jmh
02-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Here is the Disneyland Paris Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/disneylandparis

sayhello
02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
On the bright side, they are putting in an Earl of Sandwich.You know, I've actually never eaten there. :confused3

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
You know, I've actually never eaten there. :confused3

Sayhello
We he have one here in Houston and there is one in San Antonio.

sayhello
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
We he have one here in Houston and there is one in San Antonio.The only one I've ever seen is at DTD, and I've just never stopped there... Guess I'll have to add it to the list!

Sayhello

sayhello
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey, Kevin. I finally got a chance to listen to the Roundtable podcast, where Pete said that all of the ABD's for this year are sold out. So I was wondering what the total number of us ABDers will be to Paris, and did we end up with any kids?

Thanks!
Sayhello

k5jmh
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey, Kevin. I finally got a chance to listen to the Roundtable podcast, where Pete said that all of the ABD's for this year are sold out. So I was wondering what the total number of us ABDers will be to Paris, and did we end up with any kids?

Thanks!
Sayhello

<--Big Kid

sayhello
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
<--Big KidOK, so you have a point there. :rotfl:

Kevin, anyone under 18 on the trip? ;)

Sayhello

DisneyKevin
02-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Thanks!
Sayhello

OK, so you have a point there. :rotfl:

Kevin, anyone under 18 on the trip? ;)

Sayhello

We dont have a definite number yet.

So far....there are no children signed up for this Adventure (other than Mike and I ;))

k5jmh
02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
We watched these over the weekend and found them very informative. We love our AppleTV.

Samantha Brown - London (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Samantha_Brown/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Episode_London)

Samantha Brown - Paris (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Samantha_Brown/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Episode_Paris)

sayhello
02-14-2011, 01:14 PM
We watched these over the weekend and found them very informative. We love our AppleTV.

Samantha Brown - London (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Samantha_Brown/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Episode_London)

Samantha Brown - Paris (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Samantha_Brown/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Episode_Paris)Shoot! I was just googling AppleTV. I had no idea the 2nd generation AppleTV's were so relatively inexpensive!!! :eek: I may just have to break down & buy me one of these!!!!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Shoot! I was just googling AppleTV. I had no idea the 2nd generation AppleTV's were so relatively inexpensive!!! :eek: I may just have to break down & buy me one of these!!!!

Sayhello

Someone convinced me to go get one this weekend. :rolleyes1

DisneyKevin
02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Someone convinced me to go get one this weekend. :rolleyes1

:confused3

:laughing:

sayhello
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Someone convinced me to go get one this weekend. :rolleyes1"Someone"??? :confused:

Sayhello

Becx N Gav
02-14-2011, 02:36 PM
You guys should still be able to get a good shot of the castle from the side - left as you look at it from the pics Mike posted. There is a lawn that side which makes for a nice foreground :thumbsup2

I've been to Vinopolis - we can't see any of the Samantha Brown videos but I saw it mentioned. Make sure you go after a meal as the samples seem small but after a few I was merry :drinking: :drinking:

Has anyone decided what they are going to do with the free time you have in London?

k5jmh
02-14-2011, 03:29 PM
"Someone"??? :confused:

Sayhello

Someone in the St. Cloud area. :rolleyes1

sayhello
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Someone in the St. Cloud area. :rolleyes1Like I'm supposed to know where people live!:tongue:

Or even where St. Cloud *is*!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Like I'm supposed to know where people live!:tongue:

Or even where St. Cloud *is*!

Sayhello
:goodvibes

An unnamed lurker has given me a link for a Podcast about Paris Cafes

Rick Steves recently posted a podcast about Paris cafes, in case "someone" might find it interesting.
http://www.ricksteves.com/radio/archive.htm#234

sayhello
02-14-2011, 05:35 PM

An unnamed lurker has given me a link for a Podcast about Paris CafesHasn't anyone taught you not to take things from unnamed lurkers?? ;)

Sayhello

BriarRosie
02-14-2011, 11:24 PM
You guys should still be able to get a good shot of the castle from the side - left as you look at it from the pics Mike posted. There is a lawn that side which makes for a nice foreground :thumbsup2

I've been to Vinopolis - we can't see any of the Samantha Brown videos but I saw it mentioned. Make sure you go after a meal as the samples seem small but after a few I was merry :drinking: :drinking:

Has anyone decided what they are going to do with the free time you have in London?

I'm open to suggestions!

An unnamed lurker has given me a link for a Podcast about Paris Cafes

Paris Cafes and then a segment with lovely Irish guys talking later in the show. What's not to love. :love:

mattincanberra
02-15-2011, 07:12 PM

So I have been thinking about this too - as far as I can tell, the "Free Times" in London are as follows:

Day Two: From after Lunch until the Lion King (Show starts at 7:30)
Day Three: From the end of the Tower of London Tour until bed time

So thats Two Dinners and a Lunch, as well as the times inbetween, as well as evening activities once the old and the weak have gone to bed :)

I guess the question is, do people want to do a group booking for dinner somewhere - make Kevin do a live review of Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver lol?

Ideas?

Matt

DisneyKevin
02-15-2011, 08:19 PM
So I have been thinking about this too - as far as I can tell, the "Free Times" in London are as follows:

Day Two: From after Lunch until the Lion King (Show starts at 7:30)
Day Three: From the end of the Tower of London Tour until bed time

So thats Two Dinners and a Lunch, as well as the times inbetween, as well as evening activities once the old and the weak have gone to bed :)

I guess the question is, do people want to do a group booking for dinner somewhere - make Kevin do a live review of Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver lol?

Ideas?

Matt

There are about 1000 things I would like to do with our "free" time.

I would very much like to visit the British Museum and / or the Tate Modern.

I would like to see another show.

I want to take a taxi ride.

I'd like to see Abbey Road.

I'd like to visit a real London Pub.

I'd like to see Piccadilly Circus.

I'd like to take a Thames River cruise.

I'd like to see Portobello Road.

These are just a sampling of the things I want to do.

Anyone that wants to do the things we choose to do at the time is welcome to join us, but I dont think we are interested is spending the few scant "free" hours in a fine restaurant.

There is so much to see and do that I picture us grabbing fish and chips or take out Indian food (which I understand is good and inexpensive) while on the go.

I'm still in planning mode for the Backstage Magic trip starting this weekend and trying to get the contractors to finish their stuff in the new house.

Once that's done.....I'll dive into planning for this trip.

mattincanberra
02-15-2011, 08:36 PM
There is so much to see and do that I picture us grabbing fish and chips or take out Indian food (which I understand is good and inexpensive) while on the go.

Thats a great list and curry and/or fish & chips works just fine with me! I never seem to be able to find abbey road when I have a camera with me...

k5jmh
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2_J3fV1f8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfyJNurb6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJOjUw8hM0

Sarabi's Cubs
02-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I've been surfing the theater sites again and found something exciting. Sam Mendes is directing Kevin Spacey as Richard III at the Old Vic while we're there. And there's even a performance Sunday evening at 5, which I think is a free night for us! I really want to see some Shakespeare in London.

Laurie

BriarRosie
02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2_J3fV1f8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfyJNurb6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJOjUw8hM0

Larry the Travel Guy is much cuter than Larry the Cable Guy. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

OKW Lover
02-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Thought you folks would be interested in this story from the NY Times about a translator app (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/technology/personaltech/17smart.html?ref=technology) by Google.

I wonder if it does US English to British English?

sayhello
02-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Thought you folks would be interested in this story from the NY Times about a translator app (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/technology/personaltech/17smart.html?ref=technology) by Google.

I wonder if it does US English to British English?Ooooo. That's cool. Only thing is, I have an iPod touch, not an iPhone. I wonder if you can use it strictly via the keyboard, without a microphone?

Sayhello

BriarRosie
02-20-2011, 03:44 PM

I wonder if it does US English to British English?

I downloaded it a little over a week ago, but I didn't post it here. I probably should have. It's pretty cool. I saw how you can translate into French and make it large font so you can let the other person read what you want to say.

Ooooo. That's cool. Only thing is, I have an iPod touch, not an iPhone. I wonder if you can use it strictly via the keyboard, without a microphone?

Sayhello

I tested it with a keyboard only, so I'd say you'd be ok.

sayhello
02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I downloaded it a little over a week ago, but I didn't post it here. I probably should have. It's pretty cool. I saw how you can translate into French and make it large font so you can let the other person read what you want to say.

I tested it with a keyboard only, so I'd say you'd be ok.Cool beans!!! Thanks!

Sayhello

k5jmh
02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Castle refurb going quickly!!!

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4198_3.jpg

Chropistopy
02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Castle refurb going quickly!!!

http://www.dlrptoday.com/images/2011/02/4198_3.jpg

Fabulous! Since this may be the only time I'll get to see it in person, I'm hoping to take some pics without refurbishing taking place.