PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's or Artist Point?

MotherofLandon
11-20-2010, 12:13 AM
I am debating between Narcoossee's and Artist point. We have eaten at Narcoossee's before, personally I am not a huge fan, I thought the food was just ok and was not impressed by the service. My DH on the other hand loves this restaurant because he gets to order an entire lobster. I like the idea of Artist Point because it seems different and we have never been but from the reviews I have read it seems as though it is nothing exceptional. Our other signatures of the trip are going to be Cali Grill(love the sushi!!), Le Cellier(DH is also a steak man) and Flying Fish (New for us). DH is supportive of whatever I choose but I don't want to sacrifice his lobster unless it is for a good cause. I am semi open to other suggestions, we did yachtsman last time and have no interest in Jiko(Shocking I know:eek:) Thanks everyone for your opinions!!

Super 27
11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Between those two I would definitely do Narcoossee's.

I used to really love Artist Point, but it's gone downhill a lot in recent years. The last two times that I've been there, the food was mediocre at best, and the service was less than impressive. They've also made some really bone-headed moves as far as changes to the menu. I used to go there every trip, but now don't plan on going back.

Uncleromulus
11-20-2010, 07:32 AM
If it MUST be between these two, then I agree with Super 27--Narcoossee's.

MotherofLandon
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
It does not absolutely have to be between these two, but these are the restaurant's I am leaning towards. Thanks everyone for the opinions!!

gibbersome
11-20-2010, 01:33 PM
It does not absolutely have to be between these two, but these are the restaurant's I am leaning towards. Thanks everyone for the opinions!!

We also had just an okay experience at Narcoossee's. It wasn't bad by any means, but our meals at Citricos and California Grill were much better. This Jan we're trying out Artist's Point for the first time and have decided not to go back to Narcoossee's.

bookends
11-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Gotta go with Narcoosee's. We had a tremendous last-night-at-Disney meal there and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere (we don't get whole lobsters very often). We ate at Artist Point and just didn't really think it was special. You might really enjoy the food at Flying Fish. Both my DW and I feel the meal we had there a few visits ago was the best ever at Disney.

MotherofLandon
11-20-2010, 03:34 PM
We also had just an okay experience at Narcoossee's. It wasn't bad by any means, but our meals at Citricos and California Grill were much better. This Jan we're trying out Artist's Point for the first time and have decided not to go back to Narcoossee's.

You will have to let me know how your meal goes at AP!! We are definitely doing Cali grill. I have considered Citricos but the menu isn't exceptionally appealing to me.

Gotta go with Narcoosee's. We had a tremendous last-night-at-Disney meal there and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere (we don't get whole lobsters very often). We ate at Artist Point and just didn't really think it was special. You might really enjoy the food at Flying Fish. Both my DW and I feel the meal we had there a few visits ago was the best ever at Disney.

Maybe we went on an off night last time, but our server seemed downright snooty to me and the food was just "ok" but I ordered the surf and turf which may be why as I have heard this is not the best choice on the menu. We are doing Flying Fish for the first time on this trip, I'm pretty excited about it!!

tgropp
11-21-2010, 08:43 AM
We dined at CG and viewing the fireworks during MVMCP was the highlight. The food was good but eating there again is not on my must do list. This time we are trying Narcosseess. I read that most people prefer Cittricos so I am rethinking my reservation. I went on the WDW web site and there are no reservations available on Dec 21 for Narcosseess but I can get a reservation at Cittricos at any time that evening. So now that I am rethinking again

AprilLizbeth
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
While I very much enjoyed Narcoosee's, I have to say my vote goes for Artist's Point. I love the atmospere. Since Citrico's got thrown in the mix somewhere along the way I will mention that it was my favorite meal from all of my trips to Disney World.

Mamu
11-22-2010, 06:54 AM
I like both and even though I'm a fish love, I love Artist Point and would pick that over Narcoossee's.

Hootch
11-22-2010, 07:50 AM
AP. There are some good items at Narcoossee's but overall I like the menu at AP better. I find the service to be a step above, and since I'm a fan of the national park resorts, I like the overall atmosphere at AP too.

Ron from Michigan
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
My pick would be Narcoossee's. We have dined at Artist Point twice and been disapointed both times.

Dreamin Disney
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I loved the food at Artist Point and my experience there has always been wonderful. I am a bit biased though ...

princesspeach
11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Artist point

verticalchaos
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
We've never eaten at Narcoossee's, but we love Artist Point. We went there for Christmas a couple of years ago and are returning this year!

DisneyFamily123
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
We liked Narcoossees very much... the food was very good and we are returning again this next trip because we did not get the lobster last time! This time, we will be there for 8pm fireworks. We liked the waterview and deck around the restaurant... and what's not to love about the Grand Floridian lobby? We enjoyed the shops, the floral arrangements, and the orchestra that plays there. Tip --- the Basin White store sells bars of soap with Mickey Ears in them!!!

California Grill was mentioned... we enjoyed going there right when it first opens at 5:30pm... while no fireworks then, the views of the sunset were wonderful and made for great photographs from the outside deck/walkway.

Artist Point... I almost canceled this one but we are still going in 11 days! I just can't make up my mind about whether to get the buffalo steak or salmon. Never been here so can someone tell me more???? And Wilderness Lodge is a nice lobby to see the Christmas decorations.

Silver Queen
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
We liked them both. They're really about even in our opinion, however, Citrico's trumps them both.

MotherofLandon
11-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Well I am glad to hear that some people do recommend Artist Point. Now I'm debating between them and Citricos!! :rotfl:

Disneybuckeye
11-23-2010, 08:03 PM
We did CG last trip and had a nice meal, though we thought our fillet at Le Cellier was better. We are doing Narcooses this trip. Our next trip is to the VWL and we will do Artist Point. You will find people who love and hate them all. I think you just need to make a decision and go with it. I am sure you will have a great time no matter where you pick.

goofy4prez
11-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I love Narcoossee's and is always a must do for us. But I also like Artist Point. I would get rid of Le'Cellier. IMHO, this place is way over-rated and if your going there once it's a 2TS, unless they radically change the menu, is not on par with the other Signatures. Again, Just my opinion. :goodvibes

hoosiergirl7
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
We have had good experiences at Narcoossee's. Haven't eaten at AP because the menu just doesn't appeal to me and I've heard from multiple sources that the food has gone down hill a lot!

For our next signature meal I really would love to try CG, Citricos or Jiko. I think CG is at the top of that list though.

Mamu
11-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Well I am glad to hear that some people do recommend Artist Point. Now I'm debating between them and Citricos!! :rotfl:

Here I would pick Citrico's it's #1 on my list of favorites.

GailT
11-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm trying artist point on the 22nd of this December, I am looking forward to it, have eaten at all the signatures and want to experience this one, I think all the pros and cons of any restuarant is up to the person dining how they feel about service and food so my choice is to try it and judge for myself :santa:

mossyflossy
11-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Narcoossees, Cali and FF are must do's. Found AP good but not special and food was disappointing compared to similar entrees elsewhere.

Menus at Citricos and Jiko don't appeal...we don't eat meat, so it cuts out alot of options.

Reviews of narcoossees. FF, Cali and AP in my signature links below.