PDA

View Full Version : Best character breakfast for kids between 1 and 3?

KGGJT
11-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Any thoughts on best venue for a 1, 2, and 3 year old? Does it matter?
Thanks.

arcticdisneylovers
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Chef Mickey's is the only place to see all of the Fab Five. The food is not that great but really for breakfast it's ok. Close to MK so that might appeal to your group. Breakfast starts at 7:30am so you can make it to rope drop if that's a factor for you. The food was much better at Donald's Safari in AK but only Mickey, Daisy and Goofy came to our table. But Daisy was very important for my DD so :cool1: Both princess breakfasts are great for little girls who love princesses. We went to a lot of character meals on our last trip and enjoyed them all. You really can't make a bad choice IMO :love:

MJAJmom
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
For that age, I would recommend Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine. Crystal Palace has Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore and they are very gentle with young children. H&V has June/Leo from Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Agent Oso. Both these places have characters that are more popular with the toddler/preschool age.

The next set of favorites would be Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey and Tusker House.

You didn't mention if you had boys/girls, so not sure if you want to include princesses.

I think you'll have a wonderful time at any of the character meals. I would go with ones that have characters that your children like and can identify with -- that makes it more enjoyable for them. Also, your choices will depend on your touring schedule because you'll want to minimize your travel times for dining.

Have a wonderful trip.

KGGJT
11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks

LittleStinkerbelle
11-19-2010, 03:04 PM
At that age my DD loved Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

DisneyWorldbuff
11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Cape May Cafe- my kids love it:thumbsup2

chipndales
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Crystal Palace or Tusker House. Crystal Palace would be my first pick with those ages, but Tusker is amazing as well!

ktlm
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
At age 2 and 3, my DD's favorites were the Princess meals at CRT and Akershus. She also really liked seeing Pooh and Friends at the Crystal Palace. Tusker House breakfast at AK is another fun one, except at age 2, she was not happy that Minnie was not there.

stitchaholic
11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
cape may is a good one, it is nice and quiet, the food is great and the characters have always been wonderful

Disneyfreak616
11-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I'd say Crystal Palace or Cape May for that age :santa:

Pooh&OurHunny
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
My son loves Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Hollywood &vine. He went at 2 and 3 and loved those 3 places the best. He likes Chef Mickey and CRT too but the 3 its a must for him for ever trip.

Colleen27
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I think characters they know matters more than age. What shows do the kids watch, which characters are they likely to recognize?

Crystal Palace is often recommended for toddlers, but mine had no idea who Pooh & friends were at 15mo (and basically only got interested in them because she liked Piglet so much at that breakfast!). Likewise with Hollywood & Vine; we don't watch any of those shows so she wouldn't know the characters at all. She knews all of the Fab Five and Daisy by name, though, from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Mickey was actually one of her earliest words, not long after mom, dad, sister and brother. So the meals with Mickey & friends were a huge hit.

Memories2make
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey were our picks for the little one's. They loved twirling the napkins and dancing at Chef Mickey's, great time and lots of selection.

moparop
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I would vote for Ohana actually. It's served family style so not nearly as much juggling food and kids. Also, you still see Mickey and Stitch is an awful lot of fun!

LaniesMom
11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Just got back and did Chef Mickey's breakfast with my 2 year old daughter. It's been almost a week and she still asks every morning if we're going to have breakfast with Mickey & Minnie.
It was a HUGE hit, the food was decent and each of the fab five spent a lot of time interacting with my daughter. She was beside herself with joy, which made it all the more memorable and worth it for me.
Crystal Palace wouldn't have been worth it for us because she's not as into the Pooh characters, but I have done that myself in the past and it is good as well. To echo a PP, it all depends on which characters the kids in your group identify with most.
Good luck with your decision!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Based on the characters which these restaurants have I would recommend Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace.

tr-ray
11-25-2010, 07:13 PM
We are taking my DD (who is 2), and my nephew (who is 1) to Crystal Palace in two weeks. I thought about doing the H&V breakfast, but I have not heard very good reviews.

CP is a double whammy for us - character breakfast & early entry to the parks, yay!

We are also doing a Garden Grill dinner so she can see Mickey! :)