PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine, Sci-fi Dine, or Sanna

cpate
11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
My wife, two kids (4 & 5) and my parents are planning our trip to Disney. We will be staying at Kidani. This trip is all about the kids and we are planning on doing several character meals for them. My wife and I are not picky eaters when it comes to the quality of the food as we do not eat out much but my parents do eat out a lot and could be a little more picky about the quality. Right now we are planning character meals at 1900 park fare, CRT, Norway Pallvilion, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, and was planning on doing lunch at Hollywood and Vine. But since searching this board I keep reading about how awful Hollywood and Vine is and was wondering if we should still eat there or if sci-fi or Sanna would be better for us. Our kids like the characters their and that is the only place for them to see them and again this trip is all about them but is the food bad or is it really really unbearable bad? If it is that bad would the sci-fi be an entertaining place for the kids or how good is Sanna? Thanks for any advice.

Goofy4
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Sanaa is more of an up-scale (Disney-style, of course), cozy place to eat. The dishes are prepared to look as good as they taste and they have many dishes that kids probably wouldn't care for.

It's been a while, but I didn't have a problem with Hollywood & Vine. Sure, it doesn't measure up to some of the other places, but you can eat quickly and the kids will have the standard array of kid-food available.

Your kids may not care for the Sci-fi, drive-in-theater atmosphere so much. The may really like the burgers and shakes though; you would know best. Another option is 50's prime-time. I think everyone would enjoy the role-playing going on there.

cpate
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
We were planning on doing 50's Prime Time for dinner that day.

tinkgirl1984
11-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Sanaa is one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere on Disney property. Their menu is definitely a little more upscale than the other options, but their kids menu looked about the same to me as it does everywhere else, so your kids should be able to find something to eat. My personal opinion about Hollywood and Vine is that it's bad. Really bad. I will go there for breakfast if I'm forced (my cousins is in love with the Einstien's) and it's very hard to make breakfast inedible, but I would never pay for lunch or dinner there again. That being said, I'm not really a huge buffet person to begin with, but I don't consider any of the rest of the Disney buffets to be terrible. I think you could have a lot of fun at Sci-Fi also. The food isn't terriffic, but it's not bad by any means. I think the atmosphere is great, but it is pretty dark and sometimes small children tend to get a little scared between the dark and the movie clips. You would know better than me how your kids would react to it. Hope that helps a little. Have a great trip!