PDA

View Full Version : Is California Grill too romantic...

mrsxsparrow
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Is California Grill too romantic for a pair of 22-year old girls? We're going to WDW to celebrate our college graduations and will be on the deluxe dining plan the first two nights. I just made a reservation here, late on the night of our arrival, but now I'm worried the atmosphere might be a little too romantic and make us feel a tad uncomfortable, but having never been, I'm not sure if this is true. :confused3

Thoughts? Any other first night ADR suggestions that might be better for us? Thanks :goodvibes

TDC Nala
11-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I go there all the time and I am single. It is not a restaurant just for romantics.

Uncleromulus
11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Agree. You two will be just fine at the California Grill.

JimmyV
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Honestly? The vibe of the CG is much better suited to a couple of 22 year old single gals celebrating a graduation than it is for a honeymooning couple that seeks romance. Go. You will love it. After dinner, hang out with Ray behind the bar. He is a hoot.

jenjersnap
11-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Um, er, I don't find CG romantic in the slightest. It's noisy and you will see all combinations of diners there, including lots of kids. Have fun!

peabody58
11-18-2010, 02:48 PM
The CG is well suited to all adult ages and events. The atmosphere is such that it provides the catalyst to create the perfect guest's experience. You will enjoy your-self's if you're willing to enjoy the experience.

mrsxsparrow
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Yay! Thanks everyone!!

Golf4food
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Sure. The CG is hardly romantic at all, if any.

Silver Queen
11-18-2010, 04:11 PM
What all of the previous poster said. Go and have a good time.

Ana~n~Joseph
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Nope, go and have a great time.

Max Webster
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Is California Grill too romantic for a pair of 22-year old girls?

What would be wrong with a little romance between two 22 year old girls?:yay::love::banana::cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo:

Cheers!

Max

gibbersome
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
What would be wrong with a little romance between two 22 year old girls?:yay::love::banana::cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo:

Cheers!

Max

Think of the children!!

Max Webster
11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Think of the children!!

I'm not sure that's possible, yet. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Cheers!

Max

mrsxsparrow
11-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Cheers!

Max

We DO always say we're soulmates... maybe I SHOULD be looking for somewhere romantic! :lmao:

wcpamotm
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Some WDW restaurants are more romantic than others (I'd put California Grill maybe just above midpoint if I had to rank them), but I don't think any are too romantic for a non-romantic couple. Maybe Vicki and Al's.

TinkerbellinLouisian
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Cali Grill romantic? No...

I ate there with my SON... (and he ate there with his MOM! ew)

WE loved it... the view is great...the viewing platform is great... the sushi was great... There were plenty of families, kids, folks dressed up and many folks NOT dressed up...

It was a good experience for the view... I'd go back with DH but NOT really as a romantic meal .....

SusieBea
11-19-2010, 04:59 AM
We were there in September, and Holly Madison was there with two of her girlfriends! You're good.

Lesleyluvsdisney
11-19-2010, 05:15 AM
I didnt think it was romantic at all! loads of business people there the night we ate!

Gigi22
11-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Lots of descriptors apply to Cali Grill, but 'romantic' is not among them! Very few restaurants at WDW could be considered romantic by any stretch of the imagination.

Ron from Michigan
11-19-2010, 08:25 AM
You will love California Grill. We eat there on every trip.

PoohsFan1
11-19-2010, 08:31 AM
California Grill is as romantic as you make it out to be. For instance, the first time we dined there it was just my DH and I and we thought it was very romantic. The atmosphere, the wine, the food, and the service just made the mood right. Plus the fact that we got to watch Wishes with a glass of wine in our hands added to it. Now since then, we have taken our children so it has been less of a romantic atmosphere for us, but it still has the great ambiance, service, and food which in turn makes this a restaurant that we never miss. If DH and I are ever to dine there again without the kids, then of course we will make it the most romantic meal we can. Have a great time and congrats on your upcoming Graduation.

bbn1122
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
My DH and I were only to CG once and it was not a good experience. We had a later dinner time, I think it was after 7pm. There was a table next to us with 3 small children, one in a highchair. Their table was a mess, as well as, the floor around it. The children were feeling their oats, so they were beginning to be cranky. So, much for a romantic dinner for 2. We had left our 3 sons at the Kids club at WL.

Our food was rushed and not the best meal I have had a Disney. I thought our dinner Artist Point was much better and much more romantic. I found the place very noisy.

So with that being said, your young ladies will not be out of place. I think they will love the atmosphere. Hopefully, you will not have any toddler roaming around.
:wizard:

chrisw127
11-19-2010, 09:37 AM
You'll love it. It's not really romantic, but it's fun, the food is good and the view is incredible. Congrats on your graduation!

Max Webster
11-20-2010, 03:29 PM
We DO always say we're soulmates... maybe I SHOULD be looking for somewhere romantic! :lmao:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana: