PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get dining passes?

Minnie's Mate
11-18-2010, 01:12 PM
It has been a while since I have been on the boards, but have a question. I haven't been able to find any old threads on this with the search function, but you used to be able to enter the parks for a limited amount of time to dine at one of the theme park restaurants without having to buy admission to the park. You would go to customer service/ticket window and leave your credit card info and as long as you were back withing 3 hours (I think that was the time limit) you wouldn't be charged for admission. This would allow you to dine at one of the parks without using a day's admission on your multi-day park admission.

We are moving to Orlando in December and let our annual passes expire last year and with moving expenses I can't purchase new AP's until the spring. I thought it would be a nice treat for the kids to go to one of the Disney MGM Studios restaurants and do a quick tour of the Osbourne Family Light Spectacular.

Can you still get a dining pass for the three hours (or however long) to eat at a park restaurant and see the lights without paying for the full day's admission?

Thanks, MM

tgropp
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
No

RMulieri
11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Nope, not at Disney.Universal might still do it, but disney does not

miprender
11-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Wow...I never knew Disney even did that in the past.:confused3

But it is hard enough now to get and ADR in the parks, imagine if you didn't even need to buy a park ticket.:confused:

Nadjalu
11-18-2010, 02:06 PM
No they removed that privilage a while back.

TDC Nala
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
There are partial day passes for conventioners, but there is no longer any way for the general public to pay less to enter a park for a limited time for shopping and dining.

TheRustyScupper
11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
1) I think you remember the "shopping" privilege.
2) You could get a 45-60 minute pass
. . . if you told the exact item you wanted to buy, AND
. . . if you told the exact store you wanted to visit, AND
. . . if you brought the item and the receipt back
3) I do not remember an eating pass.
. . . Epcot has an "after 4:00pm" pass
. . . it is an annual pass for Florida residents
. . . but, it is only for Epcot access
. . . meant to eat, but they do not account for your time
. . . or your activities

Minnie's Mate
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone. It has been a long time since I read about the temp passes so I guess I was wrong about the purpose for them.