PDA

View Full Version : Share the love..for Cap N Jack's

derekw
11-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Ok...I know the restaurant gets quite a few negative reviews here and I was hesitant to book it for dining plan. We were there in 2007 and overall we had no qualms. We recently dined as a TS there on Oct 30th and afterwards went DTD trick or treating. Ours was an early dinner party of 10 and had great seating near the bar area with gorgeous water/DTD view. The menu is somewhat limited but food overall was great and everyone (including kids) enjoyed their meal. New England clam chowder was FANTASTIC. A few of us had the twin crab cakes and a few the shrimp pasta and we were all extremely satisfied. The service was good and the restaurant was clean/tidy (better than I remember from 2007.) It's not Fulton's or McCormick and Schmidts but for a good family meal especially on DP I recommend it.

Captain Jack Sparrow pirate:

pixiedust9
11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
This is a must do for our family. We ate at Cap n Jacks the first time in May 2007, and while the menu has changed we still love it. The service is great, the food portions are large and very good. We went twice in January for lunch and really liked it. Its good to hear from someone else who enjoyed it.

YesMickey
11-18-2010, 04:06 PM
On our first family trip with my family and my mom and dad we stayed at POR and immediately took the boat to DTD because we were eating at Cap Jacks. ( I was told we could make dining reservations once we got to Disney, Bad advice) so we went to CJs because they don't take ressies. We did wait a while but they have some of the best margaritas at Disney. I can give you an idea of how late we ate because while were were eating, at a table overlooking the lake, we had an excellent view of the fireworks at MK. It was by far the best dining experience we had that trip due to the late night dinners at the only places I could get reservations.

OrangeCat04
11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm glad to see other people who like this restaurant. We ate here twice and both times the food was great and the service was good as well. The crab cakes and clam chowder here was MUCH better than what i had at Captains Grille, which always gets favorable reviews. I would recommend anyone to try Cap N Jacks at least once.