PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Turf Club?

cbg1027
11-18-2010, 02:27 AM
I don't hear much about. I just made an ADR...was wondering what those of you who have been thought of it? Any specific menu items you would suggest?

Thanks!

dadolan
11-18-2010, 02:33 AM
To be honest the surroundings are OK and the food is the same. It's not bad but you don't leave there thinking WOW! Expensive if not on the Dining Plan for the quality of food but service tends to be quick as have never seen it full yet. I had the Prime Rib and my wife had the Turf Club Pasta. Again both nice, but nothing more. Just my thoughts!

Belle5
11-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Many will disagree, but our party of nine (three families) did not think it was worth going out of the way for...

winterman
11-18-2010, 07:31 AM
DH and I ate there for the first time last April. We were very happy with it. DH loved the lamb chops. The service was fine. The atmosphere was lovely - very quiet. We had an indoor table with a view of the river but there is also out door seating available on the large deck. We will definitely be going back. The only negative is the restrooms are FAR away in another part of the building.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

SusieBea
11-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Many people think this is one of those "hidden gems." My husband and I ate there last March. We were seated outside where there was a lovely view. I had a steak, but I can't remember what DH had. The service was good. The food was not the Flying Fish, but it was very good. We will go back.

emacek
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I just made an ADR there for next Wednesday---we're staying at SS and I wanted to eat onsite so that we could have dinner, grab our bags and head out for an 11:00 pm flight. FWIW, I did not feel like I was "settling" but i'll report back on Friday!

emacek

shoes99
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
We ate at the Turf Club in October, 2010. DH & I shared the prime rib dinner. He also had the french onion soup. Plenty of food for both of us. The prime rib was delicious and the service was good.

Silver Queen
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
We've had dinner and several lunches there and have enjoyed every one of our meals. Since our home resort is SSR we'll be back in the future, but we like it enough that we'd still go if we weren't staying at SSR.

suzycute
11-18-2010, 07:43 PM
We have an ADR to eat there for the first time in just over 2 weeks :banana: It will also be our first time on the DDP.
We would just have arrived from the UK so our reservation at 8.15 will be like eating at 2.15am! We'll do a report when we get back :thumbsup2

Sonnyeclipse
11-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I stayed at SSR in Oct and had lunch there. It was very good. I wouldn't make a big effort to go out of my way to eat here but would definitely eat here again if staying at SSR.

chrismass
11-18-2010, 09:54 PM
We ate there for the first time this past August and enjoyed it so much we went back for an adults only dinner.

cbastedo@sympatico.c
11-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Turf club is awesome! We had great service and the menu had lots of great choices. Plus is was reasonably priced. I would definitely eat there again

cbg1027
11-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. Good to know most people like it!

Tink1971
11-23-2010, 09:31 AM
We just ate at the Turf Club on 11/21/10 for dinner. We requested an outdoor table and got it, right up front looking at the water and beautiful lights of Downtown Disney. The weather was perfect as so was out food. We are on the DxDP so I had:
Appetizer=Iceberg Salad Wedge with blue cheese and tomatoes
Entre=Black Grouper, pan seared on a bed of rice pilaf w/ green beans --- DELICIOUS
Dessert=No Sugar added Lemon Poundcake with strawberries and whip cream
My mouth is still watering about this meal 3 days later --- it was the best food we've had all trip so far.

DH Had:
Fried Calamari
NY Strip Steak topped with crab meat
Apple Crisp a la mode
DH is a meat and potatoes guy and thought this was good too. I tried his NY Strip, cooked Med Rare, it melted in your mouth like a well aged filet. I don't eat much red meat so this didn't appeal to me, but my fish ROCKED!

Our kids each had kids' pizzas but didn't really like them but they loved the build your own hot fudge sundaes --- maybe they were saving room for the dessert?

Our bill came out to approx $110. I thought that wasn't bad at all. (no alcohol ordered --- just food)

We were all stuffed by the time we left so we walked aroung the property for 2 hrs to burn some of it off. The resort is gorgeous inside and out. Our waiter was Paul and he was excellent! We will include this place every trip as long as we have a rental car. I think it might be challenging getting here if you don't have a car.

MmmmDisney.
11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
We love the Turf Club. It's what my DH looks forward to the most on arrival day. We have sat both inside and on the deck and it's beautiful. Very quite and great service! My DH loves the lamb chops!! Mmmm, I can't wait to go back!

cbg1027
11-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it should be a good meal!

lblume91
11-23-2010, 08:50 PM
All of these responses confirm I made the right choice when I added Turf Club to my list. I make my ADRs this Sunday! :banana:

Conan the Librarian
11-24-2010, 03:05 PM
We usually stay at SSR and try to work the Turf C into each trip. Now we have a child (ok she's 15) we try to get her to go to the community center while we have Date Night there.

The deck is a perfect place to eat (when it is cool and no bugs anyway)