PDA

View Full Version : Help selecting a room on the Dream!

MtnRose23
11-10-2010, 07:17 AM
We've never been on a Disney cruise. Which room would be better -- 8078 or 8570? 8078 is a bit closer to mid-ship and is portside, but is connecting (not sure how much noise there would be). 8570 is starboard and a little more forward, but does not connect. I heard starboard is better because the ship backs in to Castaway Cay. I just can't decide, so I would love to get anyone's opinion on this. Thanks so much!

PearlySwan
11-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I would choose 8570 for the simple reason that if DCL continues to back the ship into CC you'll get a magnificent view from your stateroom. I also prefer the non-connecting staterooms. Here's the deck plan for the Dream:http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck-plans.htm The only downside of 8570 is that is close to mid-ship elevators so you might hear a lot of foot traffic during certain hours, but personally I wouldn't hesitate to book that room.

When are you sailing? I ask because it may be possible that other staterooms in the same category become available as it gets closer to the full payment due date.

Whatever you decide, have a fantastic voyage on the Disney Dream!