PDA

View Full Version : ? Regarding GTY

Tammi67
11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
If I book at gty cabin through an outside vendor such as Orbitz, All Seas, etc., do I still have the same chance of getting an upgrade as those who book with DCL directly? TIA!

Dicecatt
11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
There is no rhyme or reason to upgrades. I personally would not book through a travel house like Orbitz, they may have group space or something that could possibly have an effect on upgrading, plus try contacting them if you have an issue. It would be much better to choose to book through a reliable TA, there are so many, big companies and large, that will give you personal service.

Okay, I know that isn't what you asked:). I've had many GTY cabins, booked with many different rates, on different types of cruises, and I have gotten upgraded on almost all. They were all booked through a TA. But really, Disney has their own undisclosed reasons for upgrading...partially, it is due to how full the ship is. If there are tons of verandahs available, but not many inside, and you have an inside, chances of getting upgrades are higher.

Tammi67
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Oops

Tammi67
11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Now that leads me to another question.....

Have you gotten better prices booking through a TA than if you booked with DCL, Dreams Unlimited, etc.?

Dicecatt
11-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Prices should be the same, as DCL price controls. The difference is what the TA offers in OBC. But be careful...don't just look at OBC, look at the service you get. You know the saying, you get what you pay for. If you simply look at dollars only, you may be choosing an incompatible TA. Sometimes it is better to choose a TA for service and a little bit of OBC than more OBC and no service. Those dollars won't taste as sweet if it was aggravating to get them:)

Tammi67
11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I hear what you are saying. Thanks for the advice!