PDA

View Full Version : Is a round tub on DCL similar to a regular sized tub on DCL?

Rhode Island Quahog
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I know round refers to the tub shape, just curious about the size. Is it larger than a normal tub onboard? Thanks!

goingsouth
11-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I have been unsuccessful in finding any pictures of these.

joanne

justmestace
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Yet another one of those "we'll have to wait and see" questions.
I've never seen a round tub on a cruise ship before, so this will be a first.

Fab5Family
11-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Hopefully someone on one of the first sailings will take some pictures to share.

If you look at the floor plans on the DCL site for a regular oceanview and compare it to a family oceanview, it appears (I know not everything is to scale) that the round tub would be shorter yet wider than the traditional tub. The regular tub runs the entire length of the bathroom, but there looks like some "dead" space in the drawing between the round tub and the wall where the sink is located.

This extra space is what I am curious about ... I could imagine perhaps a built-in shower seat (?) ... or maybe it is extra storage (?) ... surely it is not wasted space, whatever it is.

I guess we have to wait a few more months to find out.

maria-fan-22
11-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Hopefully someone on one of the first sailings will take some pictures to share.

If you look at the floor plans on the DCL site for a regular oceanview and compare it to a family oceanview, it appears (I know not everything is to scale) that the round tub would be shorter yet wider than the traditional tub. The regular tub runs the entire length of the bathroom, but there looks like some "dead" space in the drawing between the round tub and the wall where the sink is located.

This extra space is what I am curious about ... I could imagine perhaps a built-in shower seat (?) ... or maybe it is extra storage (?) ... surely it is not wasted space, whatever it is.

I guess we have to wait a few more months to find out.

If I had to guess it is probobly pipe space. Have you ever wondered why the toilets are at an angle. It allows space for any sewage piping without going through the floor pirate:

Fab5Family
11-10-2010, 08:04 AM
If I had to guess it is probobly pipe space. Have you ever wondered why the toilets are at an angle. It allows space for any sewage piping without going through the floor pirate:

But the space isn't there on the floor plans with the regular tub (?)

Maybe the extra storage space idea was just wishful thinking on my part -- but it looks like such an unusual configuration.

Rhode Island Quahog
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I thought there were round tubs on the Wonder and Magic already and someone might be able to answer, based on that. I know the round tubs on the Dream per the description will also have a rain shower (love those) and a removeable shower head.