PDA

View Full Version : What is the 1st thing you will do when you get on the ship??

Disney Fans
11-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I think this is a fun question!! and wonder how many different answers there will be.:goodvibes;)

KSDisneyDad
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I think this is a fun question!! and wonder how many different answers there will be.:goodvibes;)

In the past, it's been a visit to Parrot Cay. In the future, I may see about visiting the Aqua Duck depending on what boarding number we get.

moomy-san
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
CRY! I can almost guarantee it... I'll be standing there bawling tears of joy!

scrapbookjulie
11-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't know! I have so many things I WANT to do right away. I need to prioritize!

I *think* I might let dd have some pool time right away since I hear they're not that crowded right after boarding. I'm hoping the Aqua Duck might be open, too. We'll just eat a quick lunch by the pool (even though I'd really like to try one of the restaurants!) Then we'll head to the concierge reception. I really want to explore the ship, too, but I think I'll wait until after the sail away party and before dinner to do that.

To those that have cruised before...Does my plan sound workable?

3Mickeys
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm actually anxious to see our cabin! (though I think we can't do that first, correct? cabins aren't ready right away?) This is our first cruise and it seems like a whole lot of planning and discussion went into where we will stay. I'm anxious to check it out, get settled. Stand on the verandah and see the action. Have the kids try the tv. Maybe that's silly, but it will be my home away from home for a week and I can't wait!

disneyfool_1202
11-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Go straight to the pool deck and get a table, then wave down the first man / woman I see with a drink that has a little umbrella on it!:sail:

scamper45
11-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Eat, Drink, walk around and then check out my cabin. Then eat again....and again....and again! LOL!!!

Eeyore1928
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
This is a downer but we:
Eat ....walk around until 1:30 ...go to room...DH and DD take a nap while I iron the weeks worth of outfits! That way no waiting in line to iron every night for dinner! I know it is boring...but not too much happening the first day until we set sail! The rest of our cruise is relax, relax, relax!

over50visits
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Eat outside on deck 9, then get away as soon as we can (so others can have the table) relax near Cove Cafe until the rooms open. And I mean relax!

If we are traveling with cruise virgins, though, we'll walk around the ship with them, showing off the various lounges, theater, secret deck - like giving a private guided tour :)

HappyontheLake
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, I am anxiously awaiting cruise reports starting from the Dream's MV to see what everyone says to see what we will do on our 3/13/11 cruise!

Anal Annie
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
1) Get a drink.:goodvibes
2) Then get something to eat.
3) Finally, change and go to the pool.

Dicecatt
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Go to Parrot Cay, eat, and then go to the cabin! I love to get settled and decorate my door!

com_op_2000
11-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Get announced to the ship, hopefully get the CM to say something funny.

Donald_Quackers
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
After eating, it'll be up to Deck 9 and getting a Bahama Mama.

WeLuvDCL
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Go to Parrot Cay, eat, and then go to the cabin! I love to get settled and decorate my door!

DITTO! Can't miss the characters at Parrot Cay, DD can never get enough character interaction.

mmtska
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll be crying too! This'll be my first cruise, so I'll just lose it lol. Then I'll go eat, get myself a drinky drink and then cabin to decorate my door!

Angelhalo
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Parrot Cay for lunch!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

mom4mad
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Rockin' Bar D to hopefully get Palo brunch reservations since no more were available on line. You would think that with 14 days on board they would have enough brunch openings for everyone. But after that, drink of the day!

ssanders79
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Parrot Cay
Cabin
Unpack
Safety drill
deck party

toescat
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Go to cabin, then off to the spa to book massages, then to get food, and finally go see the bozeman and get a nice little drink or two and let the relaxation begin.

Disney Cajun Man
11-09-2010, 07:57 PM
This is a downer but we:
Eat ....walk around until 1:30 ...go to room...DH and DD take a nap while I iron the weeks worth of outfits! That way no waiting in line to iron every night for dinner! I know it is boring...but not too much happening the first day until we set sail! The rest of our cruise is relax, relax, relax!

On my last cruise just last month I tried Downey Wrinkle release spray product that was mentioned on these boards and it worked like a charm. Used it on everything that needed to be ironed when I unpacked. Just follow the directions on the back on the bottle and it will save you a great deal of time and headache. I found this product at the grocery store on the laundry isle, it was about $4.25 for a bottle and we used it on all our outfits for a seven day cruise for 2 people and only used about half the bottle. I am hooked on this product and now use it at home.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Tami0220
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
1. Cry
2. Guest Services to make reservations for tours, tastings, etc
3. Wavebands for Palo reservations
4. Take pictures of EVERYTHING
5. Parrot Cay
6. Decorate door
7. Relax, relax, relax

ewerstruly
11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Forgive me. I'm a newbie too. What is Parrot Cay and there are characters there?

I just want to get on the ship as early as possible and hit the pools with the kids. I'm excited to explore, but as of yet haven't got a clue where I'd start. I've got no idea what sort of activities or excursions might be offered in October 2011. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm enjoying the planning and all the options.

Should be fun reading this thread for ideas!

tink70
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Last time, I unpacked as I like to "move in". Seeing how we are only going for 3 days this time, I will probably hang out at the pool, or sit on a deck chair on the promenade deck. I just LOVE that deck!!! Then unpack later. I dont want to waste any time.

Does anyone know what time our cabins are available?

carmie3377
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Parrot Cay
Cabin
Unpack
Safety drill
deck party

Sounds like my plans as well! I plan to send DH and the kids up to the pool while I unpack. Getting our cabin in order is very important as I want to get ready for our 15 nights on board before we even set sail!

AWHOFAN
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Get a drink with an umbrella and lots of fruit, and I really never drink then check out the ship.

Angelhalo
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Forgive me. I'm a newbie too. What is Parrot Cay and there are characters there?

I just want to get on the ship as early as possible and hit the pools with the kids. I'm excited to explore, but as of yet haven't got a clue where I'd start. I've got no idea what sort of activities or excursions might be offered in October 2011. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm enjoying the planning and all the options.

Should be fun reading this thread for ideas!

Parrot Cay is the sit down dining option that is open for lunch on boarding day. DH and I love it because your server brings you your dinks and you you don't have to try to juggle a tray and your luggage while looking for a seat etc etc like at the buffet. I saw where someone said they have seen characters there on their first day, but I never have. Parrot Cay is also a buffet, but you are seated and you can stash your luggage at your table and then relax and hit the buffet. For us, it's just less hectic.

Stephieann
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Parrot Cay
Cabin
Unpack
Safety drill
deck party

Ditto!

Not sure what restaurant will be doing the buffet on the Dream but that is where i will probably head first on my next cruise!

Mmketeer
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM
After the announce my name... I try to head to my cabin ( in the old days it was just to try and find it), but now it's just to get my carry-on off my shoulder and get unpacked as quickly as possible. Next stop the buffet for lunch. :) Then back to the cabin to check to see if the luggage has arrived and to make the "I am onboard and starting my vacation phone calls". By this time it's time for the fire drill, then up to the sail away party and a Bahama Mama. Once we sail out of Port Canaveral, it's back to the cabin to finish unpacking if neccesary and decorating my door. Then the vacation really begins. :)

I certainly have my routine down, how about ya'll?

Mindyjoy
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
As a first time cruiser, I think I'll be overwhelmed and just start crying tears of happiness! Getting food and a drink sounds good too, though! :cool1:

lapdwife
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
CRY! I can almost guarantee it... I'll be standing there bawling tears of joy!

Yep, that will be me. I cried as we were waiting to board the bus at the airport in Orlando for WDW. :blush:

llnolte
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
On our first cruise last month on the Magic...
1. I went to Studio Sea to get Palo Brunch reservations.
2. Met family at Parrot Cay for lunch-it was so nice to sit down and have someone bring our drinks (great Disboard suggestion!).
3. Walked around to take pictures and then went to our cabin to unpack and then off for more pictures-the ship was so amazing.
4. Lifeboat drill (Prince Charming from Twice Charmed was in charge of our station!)
5. Sailaway party

jenshell75
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
CRY TEARS OF JOY :sad:

Then I will be off to explore the ship with my darling hubby and our beautiful children. :cool1:party: I am sure the kids will be insisting on visiting the Toy Story Play room.:cool1:

Then decorate our door,
Set up our Christmas tree
Hide the Christmas pressies :santa:

I want to know what others do especially with children :confused3:

Michele325
11-10-2010, 08:11 AM
In the past we have gone right to the pool. Got a table near the pool and us adults took turns going to the buffet and brining food out. For the Dream I am not so sure what we will do. Initial plan will be the same I think, but shorter time at the pool. Then to explore the ship and then to our cabin, unpack quickly and get to the sail away party.

SideshowBob
11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
SSB likes to visit the Buena Vista Theater to see the shows for the week ... always part of tradition when first on board. :) Agree with others on PCay and booking reservations/spa.

TammyAlphabet
11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
In the past it has always been to go to lunch!!

MissSixty
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
getting a drink, first and foremost!

Kurby
11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
our first cruise we went right for lunch but from now on i think we'll head right up to the pool and get some swimming (aqua duck) in before everyone gets on the ship.

we plan on being at port for when they open so don't expect to get a boarding pass past 3 so we should be on board pretty early.

but the very first thing we'll do is jump for joy that we're finally back on board :)

budbeerlady
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
getting a drink, first and foremost!

Yup, drinks then finding a chair to settle in for a bit. With Dd along for her 1st cruise it might shorten the sitting around time by a lot! :lmao:

Rogillio
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
1. Go to room, look around.
2. Look in bathroom.
3. Go out on verandah, look at the view.
4. Look in fridge.
5. Play with the light switches to figure out which switch is which.
6. Look in all the clossets and sea chest.
7. Look in bathroom again.
8. Claim a side of the bed.
9. Go out on verandah again and look at view. See if we can see our luggage on the luggage racks.
10. Decide there is nothing really do in the room.
11. Look in other shower room.
12. Pull cord on clothes line to see if it really works.
13. Turn off lights - head up to Topsiders for lunch.
14. Make comments about how the cruise is finally here!

schoonersky
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Go straight to the pool deck and get a table, then wave down the first man / woman I see with a drink that has a little umbrella on it!:sail:

It's almost as though you read my mind...only I might look for a lounger! :lmao:

KingRichard
11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
11am Send kids to stand in line for the DUCK!:grouphug:
11:01 Stand in line for drink!:banana:
11:05 Throw 3 year old in pool!:cheer2:
11:06 Find a chair!:cool2:
11:07 Get new drink!:yay:
11:30 Find the food!:worship:
11:31 Forget about the real world for next 3 nights!!:thumbsup2

com_op_2000
11-10-2010, 07:09 PM

PC is one of the rotational resturants that is open for lunch on boarding day. Yes, characters do come around. Make sure you have your camera on the table. Last cruise Goofy came up behind my wife, he had a pepper grinder and reached acrossed the table from behind my wife, was going to put pepper on her desert, she :scared1:, got a great photo, and you only have one chance at that picture.

hezkip@adelphia.net
11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
We were very fortunate to be chosen "Family of the Day" :cheer2: on our very 1st cruise this past Sept.....oh my goodness....when being the 1st on & not really knowing what to do with no one around....was very weird, but soooo cool....we took our 4 kids to the Mickey Pool & grabbed a table and drinks and watched them play in the pool all to themselves for a good half hour....priceless!!!!! :)

terimac
11-10-2010, 09:56 PM
1. Walk in the atrium and fight back the tears of joy that our magical vacation is finally beginning.:banana:
2. Go up to deck 9 and hang out on the deck with my brother's family, eating snacks from Topsider's while playing ping pong with the kids and looking out at the water in the port (NO ONE else was around...it was like we were the only families on the ship!) It was so relaxing and a GREAT way to start!

3. Head down to Parrot Cay for a little lunch.

4. (Me eat quickly) Sneak out of PCay and run down to the room to set up gifts from "Mickey and Minnie" for the kids and decorate the door.

5. Sneak back into PCay ("Mommy, are you OK? You were in the bathroom for a looooong time!"):rolleyes1

6. Say, "Oh, look at the time! I bet our rooms are ready by now!" and head down to our stateroom.

7. Become paparazzi and snap a million pics of the kids discovering the room and their special gifts.:cloud9:

8. Unpack, get ready for the lifejacket thingy, yada yada yada...

Our kids were 3 and 5 when we went last year, and will be 4 and 6 in March, so we will probably do about the same thing (except do it all with our friends that will be with us). I can't wait!!!:cheer2:

Cheechow
11-10-2010, 10:17 PM
look around to soak it all in, then grab a bite before checking out the view from our balcony!

PizzieDuster
11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Go to room, look around.
2. Look in bathroom.
3. Go out on verandah, look at the view.
4. Look in fridge.
5. Play with the light switches to figure out which switch is which.
6. Look in all the clossets and sea chest.
7. Look in bathroom again.
8. Claim a side of the bed.
9. Go out on verandah again and look at view. See if we can see our luggage on the luggage racks.
10. Decide there is nothing really do in the room.
11. Look in other shower room.
12. Pull cord on clothes line to see if it really works.
13. Turn off lights - head up to Topsiders for lunch.
14. Make comments about how the cruise is finally here!

:rotfl2: 8. Claim a side of the bed. :worship:

MoranClan
11-11-2010, 08:58 AM
This year I may get depressed when I board, this is probably our last cruise on the Magic. We went when she was a month old, and have been back 3 times since.

MarkRG
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Relax and enjoy. Find some lunch up on top deck.

'Do' is the rest of my life and I leave it entirely behind crossing that gangway. :thumbsup2

Crazy4 Tink
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM

This will be my first cruise. Four of us total. I haven't given it any thought yet and would like any suggestions. All of us are excited for this and are looking forward to our "Dream" vacation. Thank you ahead of time for any thoughts and suggestions. pirate:

ocean134
11-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok, this will be my first cruise on the Magic. Is Parrot Cay on the Magic too? I'm totally clueless as to a game plan for after boarding, except for find food and adult beverage! :)

MarkRG
11-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Ok, this will be my first cruise on the Magic. Is Parrot Cay on the Magic too? I'm totally clueless as to a game plan for after boarding, except for find food and adult beverage! :)

Yes, the only restaurants that change between the two ships is Triton's/Lumiere's for sitdown, Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsider's for buffet, and even then the ship layout is pretty much the same.

Works exactly the same on both, the crew are there directing you the moment you board. :)

mainstreetmagic
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I haven't been on a cruise yet - my first is in Feb - so I can only guess. But knowing me, it will be to immediately unpack and organize the cabin. I hate living out of a suitcase, and like things to feel homey. :idea:

ocean134
11-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes, the only restaurants that change between the two ships is Triton's/Lumiere's for sitdown, Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsider's for buffet, and even then the ship layout is pretty much the same.

Works exactly the same on both, the crew are there directing you the moment you board. :)

Thank you!!! I've cruised with Carnival but not Disney, so I'm not sure how the process works on this round. LOL I'm all about finding food, adult beverages and taking it all in. :woohoo:

Rogillio
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM
:rotfl2: 8. Claim a side of the bed. :worship:

What's so funny? How do y'all decide?

The kids used to fight over who got top bunk so we'd have to alternate nights. But now they are too big for the ceiling drop bed so we had to get a Cat 4 with a wall bed.

Nutty4Disney
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Our next cruise will be on the Dream, so it may be a little different but usually we:
find a table on deck 9 (outside if it is nice, inside next to a window otherwise)
send DH to the buffet to check it out while I wait with the carry-ons (I know we can go to Parrot Cay, but we like the atmosphere on deck 9)
pick off DH's plate :rotfl: and go through the line myself
eat a leisurely lunch until it is time to go to our room
check out room and drop off carry-ons
head out to explore the ship