PDA

View Full Version : Any recent non DCL transportation to PC??

disneyfool_1202
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
We're a little under 6 months out, flights are booked and we are having the heated debate to DCL Transportation (at $70 pp ) or to go via private van. There are 9 of us (3 of which are kids ages 5-7).
I was originally looking at Fl Tours but have read posts that say they are unreliable - however, those posts are from late 2008. I've also seen Tiffany Towncar and Happy Limosine mentioned.
I love the Disney bus but at the cost am very hesitant- that extra money can buy souveniers or go towards my little fruity umbrella drinks!!
One thing I didn't like the last time we did the DCL bus was that we had to wait almost an hour from the time we checked in to even board the bus. Not easy to do with anxious kids.
Does anyone have any recent experiences they can share to help me make a decision??

disneyfool_1202
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
We're a little under 6 months out, ...

Oh crap, I'm dellusional.... we're a little MORE than 6 months out... that's a bummer!

khomer504
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
We just used Sunrise Florida Transportation for our 10/28 cruise and they were fantastic. Very reliable and timely, they did a great job helping us gather luggage and included a store stop on the way to the port to pick up water and incidentals.

We're sailing again in just over 6 months too... can't wait!

Karen

jaurban
09-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Hmm, we will have 7 people, two children, and will be staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before. THe appeal of the DCL bus is that I can check in at the airport and we get our keys and boarding number. If we take a van it is slightly cheaper, when you consider the tip and there is a fuel surcharge now, but then we will have to check in at the port, and I suspect will get a higher boarding number (and have to select a port arrival time). So, for those who have traveled recently, is this a big enough of a concern to make a difference in what I should choose?

kcashner
09-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I trust that OP is flying in the day of the cruise??? Because if not, there are hotels that offer packages--room + shuttle from MCO to hotel + ROUND TRIP transportation to the cruise terminal and back to MCO for very reasonable rates.

For 9 people, I cannot see using DCL bus transportation as the cost is outrageous. There are many private limo/towncar services in Orlando that offer great service.