PDA

View Full Version : Need some clarification on Eastern--specifically tendering and show schedule

lornak
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi! I am trying to figure out a few things for our Feb 12th Eastern cruise.

I see on my confirmation that we will be tendering in St. Thomas. We have done 8 eastern cruises and we have never had to tender before!! Can someone give me the details? Do you have to meet in the theater or can you just get in line? Are you dropped off in the downtown area?

Also, I think I heard that you no longer have to report to customs on the morning of St. Thomas. Can anyone confirm this???

Finally, I have seen some conflicting reports on the show schedule and I am wondering if anyone know what the standard schedule is? Specifically, I am wondering if Villains in the show on Formal Night or if it is Twice Charmed. If there are any recent eastern cruisers reading I would sure love to know what your schedule was. I checked the recent Navigators and the only one posted had a special schedule for Halloween.

THANKS! :goodvibes

runskyhy
11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Great questions! I'd like to know, too. popcorn::

blessedmomofboys
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
We are sailing the same date and curious too. I have read somewhere about tendering at St. Thomas but don't remember where.

Donald_Quackers
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't answer about the Villains Tonight schedule, but the tendering should work the same as it does in Grand Cayman where they regularly tender. Those on excursions and Concierge get priority, then they will give an all clear where you don't need tickets.

The tender should drop off in the middle of town instead of where the Magic would normally dock. This is according to the most recent Passporter.

I'm going in a few short weeks, so if someone doesn't have a schedule or answer for the Villains Tonight schedule, I'll be putting it in my trip report when I get back.

bethann77
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Sat let the magic begin show
rotational dining menu
sun formal night
twice charmed show
prince and princess menu
mon ricky kalmon show
rotational dining menu
tue pirate night
villains tonight show
pirate menu
pirates in the caribbean deck party
wed alfred and seymour show
rotational dining menu
thurs semi formal night
disney dreams show
captains gala menu
friday remember the magic show
till we meet again menu

lornak
11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Sat let the magic begin show
rotational dining menu
sun formal night
twice charmed show
prince and princess menu
mon ricky kalmon show
rotational dining menu
tue pirate night
villains tonight show
pirate menu
pirates in the caribbean deck party
wed alfred and seymour show
rotational dining menu
thurs semi formal night
disney dreams show
captains gala menu
friday remember the magic show
till we meet again menu

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I appreciate it. Do you have any idea if you had a special schedule due to Halloween activities? I have heard this might have been the case for cruises in late October. It seems unusual to have a show on pirate night instead of a movie. Also wondering as you had two performer nights and there is normally just one (Ricky Kalmon AND Alfred & Seymour). Just curious if they said anything to you about this being "normal" or not... Thanks again for taking the time to post!!! :goodvibes

bethann77
11-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't know if our schedule was different than usual. We did have trick or treating on Wednesday.

bethann77
11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
someone has also posted navigators from our cruise if you want to check those out.

sunshine1259
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
What are you all referring to as "tendering"? Are you talking about for excursions, or just getting off the ship in general? We simply went out the gangway and stepped right onto the harbor. There were taxis/buses to take you downtown. But there were no boat tendering. We were on the 10/23/2010 Eastern sailing.

kimpossible
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Also, we did not tender in St. Thomas (10-23-30, 2010)

lornak
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I guess there are two options in St. Thomas---sometimes you dock as you did on 10/23 and are able to walk right off the ship. Other times you have to take a tender boat. For our 2/12 cruise we have beeen notified that we will be tendering in.

Evil Queen 2
11-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Last time we did the Eastern in late January we tendered. One of the officers mentioned that normally Disney ships dock at St Thomas but 1 month out of a 12 month period they tender and a ship that normally tenders then gets to dock for that month.

So I'm thinking they usually pick sometime in January/February range for their tendering time when the ship isn't as crowded.

lornak
11-10-2010, 11:36 AM
How about the customs meeting? Do you still have to report to the theater on the morning of St. Thomas to meet with customs officials????

kimpossible
11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
How about the customs meeting? Do you still have to report to the theater on the morning of St. Thomas to meet with customs officials????

Nope.:thumbsup2