PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead to buy stuff!

wcw57
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I know there has been discussion about autograph books BUT

Is there a DCL-themed autograph book available on board or should we but a standard Disney autograph book at Disney store?

ALSO: Is it REALLY necessary to have a lanyard? aren't they most handy for those in bathing suits...I mean, all of my other pants/shorts have pockets

jilljill
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes there is a DCL autograph book. The shops will open up about 6:00 on embarkation day. Sometimes they have them for sale in the little coffee shop in the port, but that can be hit or miss.

HallsofVA
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
There is a DCL autograph book available. It has a cruise cover, and lots of blank pages inside. The cost isn't too bad (under $7 I think, having bought one in september.)

There are lots of folks who make their own autograph books if you have the time or interest to do so (I have neither.)

As to the lanyard, you don't really need one. It is a convenient way to carry your KTTW card around if you don't have pockets, or if you are into pin trading, but it can be difficult to get your card in and out of the pouch, and I'm always taking the lanyard off for pictures. With 2 kids, I've started carrying around a small bag while on the ship to carry the 2 autograph books, pens and camera, so I just put my KTTW card in that bag as well.

If you were anywhere around VA I'd gladly give you one! But you don't need one, certainly not a DCL one. After your first cruise, you will get a new lanyard on every sailing afterward so you only have to get through the first one. Make friends with someone in your DIS meet thread, and I'm sure there will be folks with an extra lanyard who could give or loan you one.

wcw57
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
thanx! for speedy replies,

I HOPE they have book at gift shop//wouldn't want to miss out on any early chances

and that's what I fugured about the lanyards,,,,no harm in over=planning, I guess

HallsofVA
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM
thanx! for speedy replies,

I HOPE they have book at gift shop//wouldn't want to miss out on any early chances

and that's what I fugured about the lanyards,,,,no harm in over=planning, I guess

In case they don't have any autograph books in the port, bring several blank index cards with you (at least blank on 1 side). The characters will autograph those, and then you can tape the autograph into your autograph book after you buy it. (I got this tip from Ariel at WDW after we left the books in the stroller after waiting in a huge line to see her. The CM minding her had some white cards that she signed for us.)