PDA

View Full Version : Water temp in Dec

narsibvl
11-07-2010, 12:19 PM
How cold is the water in Dec ? In caraway cay and in the ships pool ?

HallsofVA
11-07-2010, 12:33 PM
The pool water on the ships is kept around 82-85 degrees. We've been in the pools in December and January, and the water was nice and warm, though the breezes on the deck could get a bit chilly.

We've cruised three times in December, and the first week or two of december the water at Castaway Cay has been cool but tolerable. The third week of December it was cold, so we didn't stay in the water too much. Would have stayed longer on a sunny day, but the cold water coupled with the overcast day we had made it a little too cold for comfort.

When we cruised in early January this year, we skipped the water at Castaway Cay altogether because it was so cold, and spent the day exploring the rest of the island.

tvguy
11-07-2010, 02:45 PM
The record low water temperature in the area of Castaway Cay is 72.
Some might consider that cool.....around these parts swim season starts when water in the pool hits 68.

mamapenguin
11-07-2010, 03:59 PM
The record low water temperature in the area of Castaway Cay is 72.
Some might consider that cool.....around these parts swim season starts when water in the pool hits 68.

We start our swim season probably about the same time. I look for temps consistantly close to 80 outside. 68 is some pretty chilly water, but if it's warm outside it doesn't phase my kids. It takes roughly 12 hours to fill my pool and the fresh fill temp is between 64 & 66 degrees. So 68 isn't much warmer than hose water.........brrrrr! I really hope the current water temp is warmer.

tvguy
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
We start our swim season probably about the same time. I look for temps consistantly close to 80 outside. 68 is some pretty chilly water, but if it's warm outside it doesn't phase my kids. It takes roughly 12 hours to fill my pool and the fresh fill temp is between 64 & 66 degrees. So 68 isn't much warmer than hose water.........brrrrr! I really hope the current water temp is warmer.

Certain a subjective thing. You have pretty warm tap water at 64 degrres.

I made the mistake when I first got my spa of setting the temperature at 105. Doesn't sound too bad given body temperature is 98 degrees. Oh my, it took us 5 minutes to ease in, and we were lobster red when we got out.