PDA

View Full Version : electric outlets in staterooms

1153rsmith
11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Hey everyone,

We are set to sail on the dream Sept 2011. For those of you who have sailed the wonder or the magic, can you tell me about electrical outlet placement in the staterooms. How many, where?

My wife has a Cpap machine so I am trying to figure out if there will be one close to one side of the bed or the other. If not, I will need carry some sort of drop cord.

Thanks,

dahuffy
11-07-2010, 07:24 AM
I want to say that the only outlets are in the bathroom and at the desk area.

owensamo
11-07-2010, 08:04 AM
There are 2 outlets next to some light switches on the desk, and typically additional outlets behind the TV (which is pretty much right next to the outlets on the desk). These may or may not be near the bed, depending on the layout of your stateroom.

There are lamps on either side of the bed, but my DH and I both hunted for what they're plugged into in the past and couldn't find the plugs! It's possible the stateroom host may be able to help out and give you access to those plugs (if they exist!).

I would recommend an bringing along extension cord, or a plug strip just in case. If you have other electronics, I'd actually recommend both, for convenience sake.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I would recommend an bringing along extension cord, or a plug strip just in case. If you have other electronics, I'd actually recommend both, for convenience sake.

:thumbsup2

I suggest this, too. Several in our traveling party use CPAP machines and the outlets are NOT plentiful or easily accessible. I would bring an extension cord in addition to one of those do-jobbies that will convert 1 plug into 3 - for the desk area and recharging cameras, etc.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-07-2010, 10:07 AM
BTW, if you forget to pack one, you can 'rent' an extension cord from Guest Services - I believe for a $25 deposit. Not sure how many they have, though, so I would plan on bringing my own.

rcchello
11-07-2010, 10:58 AM
You may want to look at this thread. It looks like DCL will provide everything if it is requested on your medical form.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346821&highlight=cpap

ssanders79
11-07-2010, 01:28 PM
A power strip and extension cord live in my suitcase.

tk101
11-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Ive sailed on the Celebrity Solstice, (also built at Mayer Werft) and it had 2 Dual Voltage plugs, (110v, and 220v) and 2 Euro 220v outlets right on the desk, and then one dual voltage on either side of the bed.

1153rsmith
11-07-2010, 01:43 PM
If I choose to bring an extension cord, will 10-12 foot be long enough.

1153rsmith
11-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I guess I was taking it for granted, but probably should ask. Are the outlets standard US outlets or do I need to have a travel inverter/converter?

maria-fan-22
11-07-2010, 03:15 PM
They are US plugs. From what I have heard the outlets for the lamps are not ordinary plugs, which keeps people from plugging things in there. pirate:

eblong
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
On both the Wonder and Magic, tHe outlet at the desk and the one behind the TV are both standard US 110-115 vac. The one built in to the hair dryer appliance is both US 110 and European 220. The one in the wash/shower is 110-115 US. I looked for others but to no avail. Also the ones in the bathrooms are low current. Both say "Shaver Only". Be interesting to see what the Dream will have. The unused plug behind the TV may not be there since there used to be a radio that used it.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
If I choose to bring an extension cord, will 10-12 foot be long enough.

Yes, I think so. :thumbsup2

delta0413
11-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Yes a 12' cord will be enough. I'm also a CPAP user and that's what I always travel with. I usually use the extra plug behind the TV, but here's my disclaimer... This works on the Magic and Wonder, but I'll have to wait until March when we sail on the Dream if it has the same setup behind the TV. If it's not there, I'll use the plug at the desk.

ssanders79
11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
I ran an extension cord from behind the TV under the bed to the night stand to plug in an alarm clock. Next time I plan to bring some gaffer tape to tape down the cord that was exposed in the walk way in front of the bed. I used a towel last time.

The plugs for the lights are very different. I did pull the bed out in an attempt to use those plugs, but quickly realized they were very different. Not sure what they were.