PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a Cruise Survival kit

kkmcan
11-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I was thinking of putting together a cruise survival kit for my parents for xmas. They are coming with us in Jan for the 2 night getaway and it will be their first cruise. I need ideas to see if this kind of gift will work. The only things I have so far are: motion sickness meds, sea bands, lanyards ( I have my old DCL lanyard I bought in the gift shop on board our first cruise), a couple of door signs, a photo album and ?????

What else can you guys come up with? We don't actually need that much stuff because it's only the 2 night and we are all just packing small duffel bags instead of suitcases.

luvdamouse91
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I would suggest a highlighter for use with the navigator, and maybe post-it notes.

com_op_2000
11-06-2010, 09:26 PM
I would suggest some kind of night light and a small extension cord for additional plug in items. Maybe a clock with a light in it.

CADisneyMom
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I would suggest a disposable camera.

I'm going to actually give my mom and my aunt the CC gifts that we get, except for a keychain if we get those since I collect keychains. Since I only get 1 backpack/bag then I'm going to give that to my aunt since she's never even been on a cruise before and I'm going again in April and can give my mom that one.

I'm only bringing a backpack for that cruise, I don't need anything more then a change of clothes basically.

Gigi22
11-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Sunscreen SPF 30, lip balm with SPF, bug spray, hand sanitizer gel, clothespins for the drapes in the cabin, over the door organizer/shoe bag.

Deon.Newmankgyxc
11-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I would suggest a highlighter for use with the navigator, and maybe post-it notes.

that's a good suggestion

AmandaRG
11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Since it will be a short one, maybe a few $1 bills to tip for any room service?