PDA

View Full Version : Are staterooms near elevators/stairs noisy?


jjgarv
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi, all!
We are looking to book a B2B on the Dream. At this point, the staterooms in our category that are available for both legs of the B2B are right beside the elevators/stairwell...like RIGHT there! Has anyone stayed in a room this close to the elevators before? And if so, how noisy was it? We have typically stayed in rooms more toward the aft on the Magic, but are thinking that this may not be the best location for us on the Dream, so we were looking to get a bit more mid-ship.
Thanks so much for all the info! :goodvibes

Kim&Chris
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
We've ALWAYS stayed either next to, or VERY close to, the elevators and stairs. Never, ever had an issue with noise...ever.

jjgarv
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
We've ALWAYS stayed either next to, or VERY close to, the elevators and stairs. Never, ever had an issue with noise...ever.

Cool! Thanks for the info! :)

over50visits
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I second that. We like the feeling of stepping out our stateroom door into a roomy area (elevator lobby) rather than a long walk down the hallway. Never have experienced any noise problems.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
We've ALWAYS stayed either next to, or VERY close to, the elevators and stairs. Never, ever had an issue with noise...ever.

Same here! :thumbsup2

Cmbar
11-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Just stayed right next to MidShip Deck 2 and the elevators were no problem whatsoever! The EDGE was a different story as by the end of the trip all the middle schoolers were hanging on the staircase. About 15 kids just hanging and laughing until well into the evening. My BIL could not sleep with all the laughing and hollering. He asked the EDGE advisors if they could help and they didn't. They really should have made them go back into the Edge area, but I guess they can't tell customers where they can stand. I sure hope they don't put a club like this near the staterooms on the Dream.

Gilland18
11-06-2010, 11:19 PM
We were in 6060 on the Wonder in 2003. It is right at the center elevators and we never heard a thing.

jdybnsn
11-07-2010, 02:20 AM
We've been by the AFT stairs several times, and it has always been very quiet.

We did notice that a few teens do sometimes congregate behind the forward/mid lifts where there is a little bit of open space area, on some of the higher decks, but I have no idea if this disturbed anyone.:confused3

Tuliplvr
11-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm so glad to hear this since I just switched rooms and it is an aft right by the elevators on the dream.. I was a bit worried! I've also never stayed AFT so I hope I don't feel too much movement.

JACH1976
11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
We were across from the aft elevators last August on the Wonder, and didn't hear a thing.

speicher46
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
We have stayed near the elevator lobby on a couple of cruises and never had an issue with noise.

disneymagicgirl
11-08-2010, 10:09 AM
glad to read this. we are also booked next to the midship elevators on the dream. I am excited about being midship, but was worried about noise.
I think we have decided to leave the kids home, though, and do a parent's only trip, so the noise won't be as much of an issue.

TiaMaria
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
We once stayed in 7550 on the Magic - 1 door away from the lobby. Never noticed any noise from the lobby area - and I know teens did gather out there, but they were apparently well behaved.

The only noise there - or anywhere along the hallway we have ever stayed, was the inevitable pounding of little feet in the mornings, and the parents yelling to the little pounding feet to STOP RUNNING OR YOU'LL WAKE PEOPLE UP!!! :sad2:

disneymagicgirl
11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
The only noise there - or anywhere along the hallway we have ever stayed, was the inevitable pounding of little feet in the mornings, and the parents yelling to the little pounding feet to STOP RUNNING OR YOU'LL WAKE PEOPLE UP!!! :sad2:

:rotfl:That is probably what I sounded like last week in the halls at the Poly!;)

xrobmn
11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Wasn't that bad.. one cruise we were a few rooms down.. 99% of people were quiet and didn't hear a thing. the other 1% needed a slight training lesson in being nice to the people around you :)